PDA

View Full Version : I have no sound on DVD/ VCR when recording.

jolfc
15-02-2012, 10:06
i really hope some t.v minded person can help.
in our bedroom we have a t.v, virgin set top box and dvd/vcr recorder combo.
it is set up as follows.
scart leads are
set top box t.v to av1 on t.v
dvd/vcr combo scart 1 to vcr scart on set top box.
all i had to do to record would be turn the dvd/vcr on with the remote and presss record, i could only record the programme i was watching.
since the virgin engineer installed a new set top box as soon as i turn the dvd/vcr on the cable channel picture is still there but the sound disappears?????
if i play a pre recorded dvd it has the sound.
virgin engineer came back and is flummexed as to why this is happening and said the dvd must be broken. surely if it was there would be no sound on the pre recorded dvds i can play!
have i got the leads incorrectly set up or should i change settings on my t.v, any help very much appreciated, thank you in advance.
sorry for a long post, :D

Marc Weinberg
15-02-2012, 11:08
if i have read this right, going from the point on the wall you have got a coax to the set top box, a scart friom the set top box to the tv, a scart going from the dvd/vcr to the set top box? is that correct? if so on the back of the dvd/vcr have you got 2 scart sockets?
i would check this and then follow the wires thus:-
coax from wall to set top box-> scart from set top box to scart in on dvd/vcr-> scart from scart out on dvd/vcr to scart in on TV

let me know if this works.
Marc

jolfc
15-02-2012, 15:49
no coax from wall, but did as you say and bingo all working, thank you so so much. :c2:
you should work for virgin media, lol.

Added after 4 minutes:

i did scart from dvd to tv and scart from set top box to other dvd scart socket, i have had to do a seperate post as i cant edit my previous it wont let me, :D

Marc Weinberg
15-02-2012, 18:05
your welcome, glad to have helped.
Marc

slodgedad
15-02-2012, 23:54
All sorted. Well done Marc. Thread closed.