PDA

View Full Version : Cafés Sabrinas Cafe, Las Galletas, Tenerife

islandgirl
15-02-2012, 19:16
We ended up in this cafe completely by chance after giving up trying to get served at the Beachcomber cafe on the waterfront in Galletas who didn't seem interested in serving or offering us a menu yesterday.We were frustrated after sitting for 10 minutes and not even getting a greeting there.I work in the service industry and understand the importance of at least greeting your customers even when you are busy. We then left and found this great little cafe,just off the waterfront back into the town,which doesn't have the views of the front line cafes,however they make up for that with their quality of service which seemed to be lacking at the Beachcomber, great little snack menu,great value for money and all served promptly and the lady who was serving and cooking couldn't do enough for us, she had a full cafe and did it all on her own, a great little find and we will be back!

murph
15-02-2012, 20:29
Love these hidden Gems.

Under Exactly the same circumstances - i.e. not being acknowledged in the Beachcomber, I decided to continue walking and I found one at the far end of Las Galletas last year, think it was called La Gaviata. Difference to your experience was I was the only customer late one afternoon and you could still see the sea - but the service was superb.

These front line ones sometimes don't seem to think they have to try

atlantico
15-02-2012, 21:52
ah !!! Beachcomber !! Yes, can be slow !! But, a nice couple, and great coffee . . . . proper machine coffee, in British sized mug and always hot, and low price. Once or twice I've got fed up of waiting to be served, waiting for the coffee to arrive, waiting for the bill. So, I now treat it as what it is, an English style cafe . I arrive, go to counter or shout to the owners that I want a coffee, sit down, maybe go collect the coffee from counter, then when finished , get up and go to counter to pay the bill ! Simples . . . . . BUT, where's 'Sabrinas' exactly? What nationality is it ? I'll try there next time !

islandgirl
15-02-2012, 22:26
Thanks for the info about the Beachcomber ordering system!! I always hate it to be a battle with having to get a menu/ order/ pay etc......Anyway, just carry along the seafront with the Beachcomber on your left and Sabrinas is just across the road as you go into town.As I say, you don't get the view, but you get quick, pleasant service, good prices too.The lady is French and her husband is English,very nice lady.I have to agree with Murph that some of the prime locations don't seem to need to try too hard, another day another few hundred visitors........

Indigo
19-02-2012, 20:12
She's on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrinas-Caf%C3%A9-Las-Galletas/201891613180263) too with a map included