PDA

View Full Version : Other Where should we go in Tenerife? The Princessa Dacil or Laguna Park 2?

Suej
17-02-2012, 14:49
A couple we know are trying to sort out a cheap Easter holiday it seems The Princessa Dacil and Laguna Beach 3 are the cheapest. Can any members give me any idea which one might be best? I've never been into either! any comments good or bad would be much appreciated on both places! or are they both dumps?eek2:

:thanx:
Sue.

AL JAY
17-02-2012, 15:12
I think they mean Laguna Park 2 Sue, Avoid at all costs :whistle: the welcome pack includes " Mountaineering rope,Oxygen masks,and they have an escape commitee, the clue is there for all to see £99 for one week or £59 for 2 weeks!!!:D At least the Princessa Dacil is a Sol hotel and is not up cardiac hill!

Suej
17-02-2012, 15:34
Thank Hon! tbh I don't know these people too well so don't fancy traipsing around looking at places and what if they hate them! I would rather just pass on information I get from others! pass the buck eh! LOL! Thanks for the reply X:hello:

YOUNG GOLFER
17-02-2012, 15:39
The Princess Dacil when i visited some friends last year seem very good value for money and a good location,staff seemed very nice also.

willowlily
17-02-2012, 15:48
the princess dacil has given several of my friends a good value for money holiday
and have had no complaints

Ecky Thump
17-02-2012, 15:55
We have stayed in the Princessa Dacil several time in the past and never had any complaints and to be honest I have never met any body who did, the food was of a good standard and the rooms clean.
The area that it is situated in is within easy walking distance of central L/C.:)

Suej
17-02-2012, 16:04
The Princess Dacil when i visited some friends last year seem very good value for money and a good location,staff seemed very nice also.

I think probably Princessa Dacil sounds the best bet then! Thanks YG!

Added after 3 minutes:

We have stayed in the Princessa Dacil several time in the past and never had any complaints and to be honest I have never met any body who did, the food was of a good standard and the rooms clean.
The area that it is situated in is within easy walking distance of central L/C.:)

Hi Ecky! Yep I know exactly where it is and the on the plus side it is a level walk anywhere! It's just that locally it's known as Nelson Mandela house and I hoped that was just because it was a high rise.:wink2:

YOUNG GOLFER
17-02-2012, 16:51
I think probably Princessa Dacil sounds the best bet then! Thanks YG!

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi Ecky! Yep I know exactly where it is and the on the plus side it is a level walk anywhere! It's just that locally it's known as Nelson Mandela house and I hoped that was just because it was a high rise.:wink2:

Your welcome....i don't like to slate places but i do get to hear a lot of people talk about LP2 and not many would think about wanting to return....so for me a very easy choice.

Simon-M
17-02-2012, 16:57
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562820-d268688-Reviews-Laguna_Park_2-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

Suej
17-02-2012, 17:36
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562820-d268688-Reviews-Laguna_Park_2-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

Thanks Simon! I already gave them the TA link but they know I live here and you know how people are! I've told them what responses I've had on here so it's really their decision! The only place I know of that I told them not to entertain was the Torres as other good friends I know stayed there and had to be moved 3 times just to get away from the infestation of cockroaches! the apartments they were charged 250 quid a week for were nothing less than disgusting!:redcard:

marbro8
17-02-2012, 23:17
the girl in the sandwich shop that i use always goes to the princess, she raves about it, even though i think that going ai in tenerife is a travesty lol, we stayed in the sol tordos hotel in majorca a few years ago which is part of the same hotel chain and the food was better than some of the 4 star hotels we have stayed in!! real english sausage and bacon mmmmm!!:)

Ecky Thump
18-02-2012, 10:56
the girl in the sandwich shop that i use always goes to the princess, she raves about it, even though i think that going ai in tenerife is a travesty lol, we stayed in the sol tordos hotel in majorca a few years ago which is part of the same hotel chain and the food was better than some of the 4 star hotels we have stayed in!! real english sausage and bacon mmmmm!!:)

I didn't realise that the Princessa Dacil was "All Inclusive". I was robbed because I paid for all my drinks etc., but that was a few years back when I stayed there.:)

Suej
18-02-2012, 11:03
I didn't realise that the Princessa Dacil was "All Inclusive". I was robbed because I paid for all my drinks etc., but that was a few years back when I stayed there.:)

:hello:I looked on the Trivago site and you have the options of Bed and breakfast, Half board or All inclusive.

barryk
19-02-2012, 20:10
Avoid Laguna Park 2. Did not have avery good experience at LP2
Up cardiac hill to reception and the back down when inside to the apartments.
The only people who seem to rave about LP2 are the 16 to 20 year olds on their first holiday abroad.
Stayed there a few years ago at Christmas and the day after arrival the was a quere of people waiting to see the reps to get moved.
Check out the reviews on holidays uncovered before booking
http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/spain/tenerife/costa-adeje/laguna-park-2.html

Have stayed at many Sol Hotels (Princesea Dacil) and they have always been good.

Hope this helps

Barryk

willowlily
20-02-2012, 01:39
places like laguna park 2 should be bulldozed to the ground, they are a disgrace to this island, i stayed there the first time i came here 13 years ago and it was a dump then