PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anyone heard about a project near Playa de Los Tarajales in front of Arona Gran?

Loaded
17-02-2012, 17:54
Anyone got a link to a story on this? I saw in the CAnarian Weekly that work was going to commence of a 12million euro project but I can't find anything in the canarian press and don't really trust a tit bit in the Canarian Weekly.

delderek
17-02-2012, 18:14
Anyone got a link to a story on this? I saw in the CAnarian Weekly that work was going to commence of a 12million euro project but I can't find anything in the canarian press and don't really trust a tit bit in the Canarian Weekly.

The plans were on view along the walkway near the harbour a couple of years ago, for the new beach, going up as far as the Costamar, strangely enough the Costamar was not shown on the plans.

Loaded
17-02-2012, 18:23
if only costamar was demolished we'd have a better view from Paloma Beach! Not much hope now Bin Laden is no more....

Anyhoosles, there was coverage of the proposed improvements in the press last year but it was getting knocked back by the nighbours association and costas, Canarian Weekly must have a source of this new info....

AL JAY
17-02-2012, 19:10
Here is a link from last Oct but it is in Spanish, and not sure if its what you were looking for, it mentions reclamacion!!!

http://amigosdeloscristianos.wordpress.com/category/playa-de-los-tarajales/

Loaded
17-02-2012, 23:02
Thanks Al that's all I've found on it too, it's an old one saying it's a "no go", Canarian weekly reckons otherwise now

Margaretta
18-02-2012, 01:03
I would be sad to see the beach 'sanitised' for tourists. There is a special atmosphere around there and beyond my dream villa....that exotic, palm-treed one on the corner with the lovely cove. What a fabulous studio the top section conservatory area would be!
People seem to adapt to rocks and pebbles; it doesn't put off the sunbathers, fishermen and walkers. Golden sand is good in places but should not replace all the natural environment. Not everyone likes sand anyway...it gets in your shoes and your cossie and creates a mini beach on the bathroom floor.
In my opinion the element of discovery on the wilder beaches is far more exciting than cosmetic sand.

Vortex Wake
18-02-2012, 09:40
'mini beach on the bathroom floor ' :) :) :)

That reminds me of one of the maids at the Bitacora Hotel who would stick the shower mat from the wall - I think she was trying to tell me something :D . But those beach showers are so not me ;)

Loaded
18-02-2012, 13:46
Trouble is the only thing you discover around that villa is potential sexual partners of the homosexual kind....

I would
Welcome some sanitation - picking up the discarded condoms would be a start

mikew
21-05-2012, 11:02
Hi
As an owner of a Costamar apartment, is there any more news on this project? I am considering selling anyway but this would influence it.
Would the removal of the caravan site at the end class as sanitising?

Loaded
21-05-2012, 11:16
I attended a meeting with the Mayor and other local "empresarios" (businessmen) last week and they unveiled the projects for the beach, they are finalising the money at the moment and work should commence next year and take 16 months.

The project will cost 9.9m euros and will consist of headland being extended infront of the Villa and also at the mini golf infront of Oasis Moreque (H10 Big Sur). This will lower the shore line and sand will be put down. There will be 650 sun beds split into 4 areas of the beach and charged at 3€ per day each. There will be 2 kiosks and 2 beach bars to complement the beach.

I have the presentation available if anyone wants it

CIM
21-05-2012, 16:19
email me a copy please - I am interested in this!

delderek
21-05-2012, 18:41
I attended a meeting with the Mayor and other local "empresarios" (businessmen) last week and they unveiled the projects for the beach, they are finalising the money at the moment and work should commence next year and take 16 months.

The project will cost 9.9m euros and will consist of headland being extended infront of the Villa and also at the mini golf infront of Oasis Moreque (H10 Big Sur). This will lower the shore line and sand will be put down. There will be 650 sun beds split into 4 areas of the beach and charged at 3€ per day each. There will be 2 kiosks and 2 beach bars to complement the beach.

So is the Costamar staying?

seanocelt
21-05-2012, 20:24
I was informed also, by a Canarian,that the commercial centre/group of locales on the beach, from Charlottes to Pirata, were built without planning permission and are illegal, any mention of that?

9PLUS
21-05-2012, 20:38
Costamar will be knocked down

Loaded
21-05-2012, 21:24
Costamar will be knocked down

If only!!!!!!!!!

Harmonicaman
21-05-2012, 21:26
If only!!!!!!!!!

I've sent you an e-mail John.:)

Loaded
21-05-2012, 21:47
Received thanks campbell , it's at work so I can't send it til tomorrow but can recieve emails: John at palomabeach dot com

mikew
22-05-2012, 11:31
Hi
useful information but I can not see how Costamar can be pulled down when the total budget is less than 10 million euros. There are more than 150 apartments and they never sell for less than 100,000 euro so that is 15 million in compensation without taking the offices,bars and Iceland into account. I know they pay less than market value in compensation but not that much less.
Costamar are just getting planning permission for a new pool complex.Why would planners allow it to spend money which would cost more compensation?

Loaded
22-05-2012, 11:33
I didn't say Costamar would be pulled down - it won't - I only wished it would be.

minimadmandy
22-05-2012, 22:55

Could you email me the presentation please,all sounds very interesting. Thanks

Loaded
23-05-2012, 19:13
I can't email people who don't send me their email address

9PLUS
23-05-2012, 19:39
Costamar will be knocked down MikeW

Loaded
23-05-2012, 20:35
We can but dream.

This is the only bad part of bin ladens death....

Loaded
27-05-2012, 11:39
Download available on my blog: http://www.propertyforsaleintenerife.com/regeneration-of-playa-de-los-tarajales.asp

jogger321
27-05-2012, 12:06
Download available on my blog: http://www.propertyforsaleintenerife.com/regeneration-of-playa-de-los-tarajales.asp

Thanks for that Loaded.. Is there anyway (apart from blowing up CostaMar which I believe has a dodgy gas main running inside of its concrete 70's structure that many claim is an accident awaiting to happen) of blowing up the map on your blog of the proposals.. I'm also disappointed they didn't use CGI to show what it is intended to look like when the project is completed...not much of a sales document is it?

Loaded
27-05-2012, 13:12
3155 try this

Added after 5 minutes:

3156 This one might be bigger and I've added names of Hotels etc

murph
24-01-2014, 21:52
Here we are promised again - 12M Euros on Los Tarajales beach

http://www.canarianweekly.com/cabildo-dishes-30m-enhance-top-tourist-areas/

delderek
24-01-2014, 22:10
3155 try this

Added after 5 minutes:

3156 This one might be bigger and I've added names of Hotels etc

The last map I saw a couple of years ago. Did not show the Costamar. And can they really do a new beach and revamp with that ugly eyesore still standing?