PDA

View Full Version : Ryan air card fees don't seem to be charged on flights FROM Tenerife

Smokey
18-02-2012, 15:35
I booked and paid for a Ryan Air fkight yesterday using my Caja Canarias card , could'nt believe that did'nt get charged any card fees ! Maybe because the flight was a return from Tenerife ???

Susief
18-02-2012, 15:47
I booked and paid for a Ryan Air fkight yesterday using my Caja Canarias card , could'nt believe that did'nt get charged any card fees ! Maybe because the flight was a return from Tenerife ???

It happened to me last week. Booked a one way from TFS to Man. Paid with our prepaid fx card. No 6e charge on it.

Tried to book Daughter one to Porto and it was £6 each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfs1
18-02-2012, 17:20
we have also have booked flights 'admin fee' free for flights starting in TFS and Spain - your ok as long as you use a prepaid mastercard etc, use a standard credit card and you get charged.

For flights starting the UK you need to get and use Ryanair cash passport card to not incur the £6 admin fee. They cost £6 but you can get that off your first flight booking. as normal various T&Cs apply - or maybe as its ryanair abnormal T&C's apply !

Chris

Satellite Steve
19-02-2012, 04:06
I recently got a refund from Ryanair for admin fees. I made two separate bookings TFS to UK and UK to TFS. I paid with a spanish prepaid mastercard and was charged admin fees on the return trip. I was informed that flights originating from the UK had changed and now had an admin fee with the prepaid mastercard but I pointed out that their terms on the website when I made the booking did not state this. Reluctantly they admitted defeat and I got a refund. Now it clearly states on their website this in there updated terms below.

Admin Fee - Per passenger/per new one way flight - relates to costs associated with Ryanair's booking system. No fee applies to payments by:
1. Ryanair Cash Passport holders
2. MasterCard Prepaid cardholdrs in all markets (except when booking flights originating from the UK and Italy)

Steve

mr java
19-02-2012, 11:23
watch the rip off fees for baggage, just put on a 15k bag on return trip paid £20 then the wife decided she wanted a case added to her booking and they charged £40 for hers, awaiting responce to complaint

tfs1
19-02-2012, 12:56
standard fee is £20 each way, £40 for the return trip. Higher costs of course during the summer months. Maybe worth checking what you have actually got for your £20

Susief
19-02-2012, 15:33
watch the rip off fees for baggage, just put on a 15k bag on return trip paid £20 then the wife decided she wanted a case added to her booking and they charged £40 for hers, awaiting responce to complaint

Think you'll find all the airlines rip you off with baggage.
It is possible to have a week or so in Tenerife with just their hand baggage allowance of 10kg per person!

golf birdie
19-02-2012, 15:40
Think you'll find all the airlines rip you off with baggage.
It is possible to have a week or so in Tenerife with just their hand baggage allowance of 10kg per person!

20 quid for 15 kilo, 2000 miles is imo cheap. Try send that weight by post and see what they charge.