imablue
18-02-2012, 20:58
How uncanny is this .....
SPL 2011-2012 18th Feb. 2012
1.Celtic
2.Rangers
3.Motherwell
4.Hearts.....
reading from 4TH to 1ST .......HMRC.....
very Taxing .....

AL JAY
18-02-2012, 21:52
Or it could be -Hail Mary Roman Catholic :D

caroletenerife
18-02-2012, 22:24
Or it could be -Hail Mary Roman Catholic :D
:crylaughing:

Davie Thistle
18-02-2012, 22:37
..........:laugh:

Medman
19-02-2012, 13:22
Or 1st to 4th

Craig really must hide

tonypub
19-02-2012, 14:44
there wasnt much point to the spl,even less so now.a one team league:snore:

Medman
20-02-2012, 08:37
there wasnt much point to the spl,even less so now.a one team league:snore:

Good, bad or indifferent; it is our league and your comments are both unwelcome and unfounded. Don't think you would be too happy if I criticised your pub without being in it.

PS My previous post was removed for being too accurate.

tonypub
20-02-2012, 08:53
Good, bad or indifferent; it is our league and your comments are both unwelcome and unfounded. Don't think you would be too happy if I criticised your pub without being in it.

PS My previous post was removed for being too accurate.oh deary me,i did post the last 100 years winners to prove a point.you called me a bigot without even knowing me,your so far from the truth,lol. jog on wee man,im outta here.

Medman
20-02-2012, 09:11
oh deary me,i did post the last 100 years winners to prove a point.you called me a bigot without even knowing me,your so far from the truth,lol. jog on wee man,im outta here.

Your previous posts on Scottish topics have also justified my remarks. Totally unnecessary on this friendly forum.

I said your remarks were typical bigotory. If the cap fits.

tonypub
20-02-2012, 09:16
Your previous posts on Scottish topics have also justified my remarks. Totally unnecessary on this friendly forum.all tongue in cheek my dear friend,ask my scottish girlfriend.it was banter between me and carole,i know she took it the right way.calling someone you dont know a bigot is both unfriendly and slanderous.go take your meds man

Medman
20-02-2012, 09:23
all tongue in cheek my dear friend,ask my scottish girlfriend.it was banter between me and carole,i know she took it the right way.calling someone you dont know a bigot is both unfriendly and slanderous.go take your meds man

Thank you for clearing that up mine jovial host.

tonypub
20-02-2012, 11:02
Thank you for clearing that up mine jovial host.the clearing up is done in my pub by kirsty,also scotch like yourself:bootyshake:

Medman
20-02-2012, 11:07
the clearing up is done in my pub by kirsty,also scotch like yourself:bootyshake:

I'm Scots or Scottish; Scotch is a drink. As a bar owner and Scots lover I thought you would realise that. :D

tonypub
20-02-2012, 11:47
I'm Scots or Scottish; Scotch is a drink. As a bar owner and Scots lover I thought you would realise that. :DIn The Oxford Companion To The English Language, OUP 1992, there is an entry on "Scotch", written by Professor A. J. Aitken, Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh, formerly editor of "A Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue."

"SCOTCH: A late 16th century contraction of "Scottish", first in Early Modern English then in Older Scots. It ousted "Scottish" as the prevailing form in England. In Scotland, the native form "Scots" predominated until in the 18c Anglicizing vogue "Scotch" became fashionable in both countries.

In the early 19th c., however, some Scottish writers were expressing doubts about it as a supposed innovation and returning to the more traditional "Scottish" and "Scots", while others, such as J. A. H. Murray, editor of the OED, continued to use it.

By the early 20th c., disapproval of "Scotch" by educated Scots was so great that its use was regularly discountenanced by teachers, except for such entrenched phrases as Scotch broth, Scotch mist, Scotch terrier, Scotch tweed, Scotch whisky.

In England and North America, "Scotch" has remained the dominant form into the late 20c, although awareness of middle-class Scottish distaste for it has been spreading. The OED
Supplement, (1982) reported that in deference to Scottish sensibilities the English have been abandoning "Scotch" for "Scottish" and less frequently "Scots", and prefer "the Scots" to "the Scotch" as the name of the people.

Paradoxically, for working-class Scots the common form has long been "Scotch" (sometimes written "Scoatch") and the native form Scots is sometimes regarded as an Anglicized affectation.";)

Simon-M
20-02-2012, 11:49
In The Oxford Companion To The English Language, OUP 1992, there is an entry on "Scotch", written by Professor A. J. Aitken, Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh, formerly editor of "A Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue."

"SCOTCH: A late 16th century contraction of "Scottish", first in Early Modern English then in Older Scots. It ousted "Scottish" as the prevailing form in England. In Scotland, the native form "Scots" predominated until in the 18c Anglicizing vogue "Scotch" became fashionable in both countries.

In the early 19th c., however, some Scottish writers were expressing doubts about it as a supposed innovation and returning to the more traditional "Scottish" and "Scots", while others, such as J. A. H. Murray, editor of the OED, continued to use it.

By the early 20th c., disapproval of "Scotch" by educated Scots was so great that its use was regularly discountenanced by teachers, except for such entrenched phrases as Scotch broth, Scotch mist, Scotch terrier, Scotch tweed, Scotch whisky.

In England and North America, "Scotch" has remained the dominant form into the late 20c, although awareness of middle-class Scottish distaste for it has been spreading. The OED
Supplement, (1982) reported that in deference to Scottish sensibilities the English have been abandoning "Scotch" for "Scottish" and less frequently "Scots", and prefer "the Scots" to "the Scotch" as the name of the people.

Paradoxically, for working-class Scots the common form has long been "Scotch" (sometimes written "Scoatch") and the native form Scots is sometimes regarded as an Anglicized affectation.";)

Are you out Scotch baiting again Tony? I thought they banned blood sports :)

tonypub
20-02-2012, 11:54
Are you out Scotch baiting again Tony? I thought they banned blood sports :)no simon but your **** stirrin is appreciated :laugh:

Medman
20-02-2012, 12:42
Are you out Scotch baiting again Tony? I thought they banned blood sports :)

"By the early 20th c., disapproval of "Scotch" by educated Scots was so great that its use was regularly discountenanced by teachers, except for such entrenched phrases as Scotch broth, Scotch mist, Scotch terrier, Scotch tweed, Scotch whisky."

Says it all. Thanks TP. :D

Davie Thistle
20-02-2012, 14:44
In The Oxford Companion To The English Language, OUP 1992, there is an entry on "Scotch", written by Professor A. J. Aitken, Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh, formerly editor of "A Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue."

huh nuffin to do with me!!! I say Scoatch!!

:fpull:

:lol: