PDA

View Full Version : What activities should I do in Tenerife on my first visit?

Andy777
19-02-2012, 16:12
Hi All, First post on here.
Hope to come to Tenerife end August. Never been!

Having great trouble googling to find specific locations for various activities.

I prefer to go out prepared with co-ordinates in sat nav for various things.

I want to hire a 2 seater buggy for a few hrs preferably up the mountain? Any ideas?

Thinking of staying in SW corner, but don`t want noisy place at night probably all inclusive.

How many days car hire would it take to go up the teide, biaclimatic village and go up north!

Andy

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 19:00
id hire a car for 3 days. teide 1 day. up north another. another for the west coast/north west tip.

Andy777
25-02-2012, 19:23
Thanks for reply, I guess this is quite a quiet forum!

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 19:34
not really. its one of the busier ones! just depends what you ask or how you ask it i suppose. theres lots of stuff in the activities section.

bonitatime
25-02-2012, 20:20
3 days car hire will be fine for you
Los Gigantes or Puerto Santiago are nice. Further down the coast is Callao Salvaje but it's all Aparthoteles
Playa Pariso wouldn't be on my list it's an odd place.

Don't know anywhere with that sort of buggies in the mountains but I think they have them in Las Americas

polremy
25-02-2012, 20:23
This forum is definitely not quiet.
I have asked several questions in the past and always had plenty of sensible and helpful replies.
It's a brilliant forum.

Andy777
25-02-2012, 22:19
54 files downloaded from Meryl so lots to read up on now, some parks do seem quite expensive for a day but will keep browsing
and learning, would like a hotel right on the beach but there doesn`t seem to be many that are right on it!

Guess thats expected from a volcanic island!

How high can you drive??? Max driving height of the island if anyone knows...

In a rental that is.......

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 22:31
you can drive to the teleferico at the top of teide. itd be about 3000 meters id think.

Andy777
15-07-2012, 14:11
Well 9 days booked at start October! Puerto Santiago.

Probably hire a car for 3 days and a Double Buggy if I can find where they are located!!!

Does anyone know if they are advertised in tourist bits? Found one on-line but couldn`t see where they are located?

AL JAY
15-07-2012, 14:24
Take a look here Andy,some of their staff are forum members! The site has a free "live chat" facility.

http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/tenerife/en/12/Quads,Buggies%20&%20Karting

Suej
15-07-2012, 14:32
Hi All, First post on here.
Hope to come to Tenerife end August. Never been!

Having great trouble googling to find specific locations for various activities.

I prefer to go out prepared with co-ordinates in sat nav for various things.

I want to hire a 2 seater buggy for a few hrs preferably up the mountain? Any ideas?

Thinking of staying in SW corner, but don`t want noisy place at night probably all inclusive.

How many days car hire would it take to go up the teide, biaclimatic village and go up north!

Andy

Start off gently Andy by exercising ya right elbow on a bar top with a nice long cool drink and go from there! there's loads to see and do here!:hello:

Andy777
15-07-2012, 14:57
Thanks Al Jay, 2.5hrs for €62 Are they just agents or owners of the buggys?

Mun2 Travel do 5 Hrs excursion for €125 which is about the same but I couldn`t tell where they are based either!

Ideally I want an idea of the route it will take with a guide, not TOO challenging as to scare the wife! But mostly off road as I may as well hire a car for on the road!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Suej, I most certainly will rest my elbow!:lol:

Ed3229
15-07-2012, 15:53
Next time im over I will be doing this http://www.jetskisafaritenerife.com/ .
Spoke to some people who had just returned from the jet ski safari on last visit said it was fantastic....

Andy777
15-07-2012, 17:56
Oh, Mun2 are not doing buggies in Tenerife any more.

Done jetskiis but can`t get the wife on one anymore!

Ali.xx
16-07-2012, 19:38
Visit Teide and the villages nearby- sorry cant remember their names. Go to the capital in the north Santa Cruz. Lots of lovely buildings and its not as touristy as the south. Sometimes slightly cooler than south. Los cristanos is very pretty with lots of good restaurants and bars Visit the waterparks. I really like El Molino Blanco restaurant in Playa de las Americas. Its a restaurant with a windmill and beautiful gardens. The food is ok and the chef comes out of the kitchen and sings! Quite funny but bit pricey.

Andy777
27-08-2012, 11:40
WOW those jet skiis are expensive! €100/Hr!!!!! above link said quads and buggies but the buggies are shown as quads!
Can`t get the wife on one of them.
Planned my various routes into garmin with free maps!

Just hope I can find double buggy when I am out there...

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Aqualand, found a comment that the lazy river is dirty?

Anyone know any different please?