PDA

View Full Version : Internet Members opinions needed on Direct Telecom in Tenerife

pinto
19-02-2012, 16:24
Hello Folks, Can you help. Have you had any dealings with Direct telecom. Good or bad. I am looking at the Canarian weekly Ad. I have a dongle which costs 50 euros pcm and I can not get TV downloads, or even Facebook downloads at any speed which allows me to know whats going on. Your input will be very much appreciated.

Mick

Tenerife Villas
19-02-2012, 17:04
if you are looking for a 3g connection from direct telecom then forget it. I signrd up and they lost the service for months ended up getting my money back. now with europa it's cheaper and faster. http://www.europa-network.com/

polremy
19-02-2012, 17:13
We're with Direct Telecom and have been for probably 3 or 4 years.
Have said this before on here but here goes again.
We pay 29.99 a month for our internet connection.
We also pay Telefonica for our landline.
We can cancel our internet when we go back to England for the summer - just one month's forfeit to pay.
They reconnect with no problem at all.
They are always at the other end of the phone if we have problems and will ring us back (so it doesn't cost us) and keep trying until the problem is sorted. This is very important to us and is why we have stayed with them.
It was a pain when our Fritzbox stopped working. We had to get two buses up to Adeje to swap it for a new one. Took us the best part of a day!
If you want free phone calls included in your internet payment, go for the other option which costs an extra 10euros a month. It wasn't worth it for us as we use Skype.
Hope that helps, even though I haven't mentioned Dongles at all.

Harlequin
20-02-2012, 12:02
I've tried a number of mobile Internet options including this and others and have ended up with a Vodafone dongle purely becaus etheir network gives the best coverage for me and where I want to connect from.

That said... There's no substitute for fixed line ADSL though...

slodgedad
20-02-2012, 20:42
Love em. I've been a customer for years. I have 'One Bill' which means I don't have to have any dealings Teleripofffonica.

Phone line, free national calls 24/7, 300 minutes international calls (Europe), 8mb ADSL. 49 euros a month

Harlequin
20-02-2012, 21:02
That seems a little expensive for a mobile ADSL product... In-fact it's expensive for a fixed line ADSL product slodgedad. I know there are cheap mobile Internet options available and like I said, or maybe not, I think I pay over the odds for my Vodafone dongle but I get coverage.

slodgedad
20-02-2012, 23:02
That seems a little expensive for a mobile ADSL product... In-fact it's expensive for a fixed line ADSL product slodgedad. I know there are cheap mobile Internet options available and like I said, or maybe not, I think I pay over the odds for my Vodafone dongle but I get coverage.

I know it's a fixed line, but it is a wireless router.

The thing I like most is no surprises. I pay my 50 a month and use the phone and internet as much as I like.

gsc
21-02-2012, 05:02
I went online with them ysterday, OneBill. The service was excellent from start to finish, good speed and connection.

Megaloo
22-02-2012, 19:46
I am not with them but just heard from a friend that she is now getting free English TV from them

slodgedad
22-02-2012, 22:14
I am not with them but just heard from a friend that she is now getting free English TV from them

True. The quality isn't tip top yet but they are still experimenting. (Watchable on PC, but not yet HD on the Tele)

I am trying to watch on 50" plasma tho

gsc
28-02-2012, 15:26
True. The quality isn't tip top yet but they are still experimenting. (Watchable on PC, but not yet HD on the Tele)

I am trying to watch on 50" plasma tho

How does one get this 'free English TV'?:c2:

Megaloo
28-02-2012, 15:41
How does one get this 'free English TV'?:c2:

According to my friend she received an e-mail from them telling herabout it with a link, she clicked on it and said she has TV to her computer.

But I could not tell you anymore than what she told me. But maybe Slodge( sorry for shortening) can fill you in

Satellite Steve
28-02-2012, 17:05
Direct Telecom now have there own Internet tv service streaming BBC, ITV etc. This is free to their customers and is via your PC. A set top box solution will be available later.

I am also working on a set top box solution for BBC, ITV etc which will work with any internet connection. The box connects to your internet and to your TV and there will be no monthly fee. I will be posting details when I have tested the box fully.

gsc
02-03-2012, 11:28
Sounds great Steve.

Direct telecom rang me and said dtmedia.tv but I cant check it out till i'm back in Tenerife in 3 weeks time. Let you know.

ozzy39
31-08-2016, 22:17
Love em. I've been a customer for years. I have 'One Bill' which means I don't have to have any dealings Teleripofffonica.

Phone line, free national calls 24/7, 300 minutes international calls (Europe), 8mb ADSL. 49 euros a month

Hi, just asking if you would still recommend a DT connection? Is the HD picture quality good? Thanks,

waveydavey
01-09-2016, 06:38
Yes I have been with DT media for five years now and have the tv with them,I cant fault their service and the tv which has HD which is excellent.