PDA

View Full Version : Chayofita, Costa del Silencio, Tenerife

fesdie
19-02-2012, 21:46
Hi,

Can anyone give me any info about Chayofita in Costa Silencio please?

Thank you :)

dede
20-02-2012, 10:20
Looks like nobody wants to upset you fesdie....My opinion is i just could not there to save my life.

BoPeep
20-02-2012, 11:22
As the song goes......no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlantico
20-02-2012, 11:30
what info you need ? Like what year it was built, what colour are the properties, how much does an apartment cost . . . . . . would we live there ?

tonypub
20-02-2012, 12:02
its it still there:wow::lol:

fesdie
20-02-2012, 13:09
Thanks to all for honesty.

Not looking to buy an apartment but a business on the complex.

From the replies I can see that it is not a place where many would choose to live, does the same go for running a business there?!

Thanks in advance for more honest opinions.

atlantico
20-02-2012, 13:26
in a word - there is no business there . . . . well, a shop is there I think, but no business ! And a closed down bar, which I've never seen open. Sure its on Chayofita, not Coral Mar opposite ?

tonypub
20-02-2012, 15:18
Thanks to all for honesty.

Not looking to buy an apartment but a business on the complex.

From the replies I can see that it is not a place where many would choose to live, does the same go for running a business there?!

Thanks in advance for more honest opinions.mite be call for a demolition business:lol:

atlantico
20-02-2012, 15:26
Going back to the area of Chayofita, I do know several people who live there that are very happy there. they probably live on the edges in a area that is quieter but it is renowned for housing trouble-makers

fesdie
20-02-2012, 21:19
Hello and thanks for all the replies. To give a bit more info it is the shop within the complex that we are looking into. We would not be living on the complex but equally do not want to take on a business that shouts problems!

slodgedad
20-02-2012, 22:36
Hello and thanks for all the replies. To give a bit more info it is the shop within the complex that we are looking into. We would not be living on the complex but equally do not want to take on a business that shouts problems!

I lived in Silencio for 5 years and Chayofita was known locally as Burglars Alley. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)

dede
20-02-2012, 22:38
Would it be the second hand shop? as thats the only shop i know of there and it dosnt do much business.

fesdie
20-02-2012, 22:50
The mini market on the complex?

Hi, I read the forum constantly so know you are always on and give good answers so will respect your opinion, thanks much appreciated.

atlantico
21-02-2012, 11:52
don't even bother ! It'll only serve customer who live on the complex, no one else will go in there. And most residents are 'low income' Spanish or Spanish Foreign residents. Even the Expats are mainly retired folks, and the exchange rate has crushed their income !

fesdie
21-02-2012, 12:00
Thanks for that.
All the replies tell me what I need to know so will be going no further with this one!

dede
21-02-2012, 17:00
Thanks for that.
All the replies tell me what I need to know so will be going no further with this one!

Well thats what the forum is all about, im so glad you have took on board the comments, ive seen too many come over here and lose alot of money, maybe another worthwhile opportunity will come your way soon. Good luck.

fesdie
21-02-2012, 17:39
I have found the forum to be invaluable whilst preparing for our move over and really appreciate the honest opinions and advice that is freely given.
As a newcomer haven't been able to contribute much but hope to be able to give more back once over and settled.

atlantico
21-02-2012, 22:26
good, where you moving to ? Since you were looking at a business in Silencio ?

fesdie
21-02-2012, 22:32
We have yet to finally decide on a location, all tied up with if and where we buy a business. We would ideally like to be somewhere along the coast from adeje onwards.