PDA

View Full Version : Car rental wanted for one week in south Tenerife

woo87
20-02-2012, 20:17
I have just been let down by someone that we are renting a car off for my a week for my parents to are arriving saturday. Does anyone know where or someone that rents cars at a reasonable cost.?

Susief
20-02-2012, 20:36
I have just been let down by someone that we are renting a car off for my a week for my parents to are arriving saturday. Does anyone know where or someone that rents cars at a reasonable cost.?

Autoreisen or Orcarcanarias are the cheapest and have no added extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woo87
20-02-2012, 21:46
Ok great thanks will take a look now

Su1
21-02-2012, 01:02
Just thought I'd mention that Autoreisen reduced their prices at the weekend. Was able to re~book and saved €40 on a 3 week booking starting next week. Also rebooked our April/May booking at a reduced rate. These were both for a B category car e.g Citron C3, 5 door or similar . Even cheaper for a two door car. There is no fee to cancel and re~book.

JMB777
24-02-2012, 16:59
I too am looking at car hire for March and I was checking CICAR.Good rates but when it came to the small print i.e the fuel deposit, then the problems started.
As I am hring for 4 days, I didn't want to be forced to pay for a full tank and return empty as Hertz tried to do a few years ago in Fuerteventura for a group C car.I contacted CICAR and they have a fuel deposit that is decided on the amt of fuel in the car at collection.I checked if the deposit is a fixed amt per group of car and no it is not.So how do you budget? I was wondering if Auro reisen are the same as I think they are a car hire broker and all sorts of companies use their service like Holiday Autos.Please can anyone recommend a firm that has a recognised and published fuel policy.

Su1
24-02-2012, 17:10
I too am looking at car hire for March and I was checking CICAR.Good rates but when it came to the small print i.e the fuel deposit, then the problems started.
As I am hring for 4 days, I didn't want to be forced to pay for a full tank and return empty as Hertz tried to do a few years ago in Fuerteventura for a group C car.I contacted CICAR and they have a fuel deposit that is decided on the amt of fuel in the car at collection.I checked if the deposit is a fixed amt per group of car and no it is not.So how do you budget? I was wondering if Auro reisen are the same as I think they are a car hire broker and all sorts of companies use their service like Holiday Autos.Please can anyone recommend a firm that has a recognised and published fuel policy.

Autoreisen - they have a published policy - you do not pay for feul but you bring the car back with the same amount of feul in the tank as when as you collected it - ideal for short rentals. Autoreison is not a broker but the actual hire company - you can book AR through brokers but I always book directly with them on their website. Also worth noting they are actually based in the terminal building and 'your' car is ready for collection in the car park opposite - no getting on buses etc! You do not pay for your car until you collect it and need a credit card in the drivers name. you can also cancel at any time with no penalties/charges.

conandina
26-02-2012, 11:19
I would agree with Su1. I'm also surprised to hear what you have to say about CICAR as we hired a car through them at xmas time and didn't encounter any requirement to pay a deposit for fuel. They could of course, have changed their policy.

JMB777
29-02-2012, 10:16
Thanks for all the replies. I have the emails regarding the fuel query with Cicar .I am travelling to Tenerife and Gran Canaria in short succession and it was the CICAR office in Gran Canaria that stated the fuel deposit varied.I will see if I can copy and paste some of the corres. but it will be later .

shaun kelly
29-02-2012, 19:37
Autoreisen everytime , always use them and never had a problem , also they are the most reasonable .

Capn Pugwash
29-02-2012, 20:31
I'll second that - Autoreisen / Orcar any time. No contest. Always use them.

jim1joiner
04-03-2012, 11:44
:( Hi,I have hired cars from autoreisen for the last 5 years and had no trouble at all,they have been great.
When i arrived in Tenerife in oct 2011 i was refused a car because i didnt have a credit card,i never have had
one,i only have a visa debit which they refused to take.I always thought a debit card was virtual cash.
The only way was to go to the cash machine and draw out the rental money PLUS 100 euros as a deposit which i got back on returning the car.

LeFrunk
04-03-2012, 15:11
:( Hi,I have hired cars from autoreisen for the last 5 years and had no trouble at all,they have been great.
When i arrived in Tenerife in oct 2011 i was refused a car because i didnt have a credit card,i never have had
one,i only have a visa debit which they refused to take.I always thought a debit card was virtual cash.
The only way was to go to the cash machine and draw out the rental money PLUS 100 euros as a deposit which i got back on returning the car.

Hi Jim , use AR and i have always paid with my visa debit card and no problem at all , last time was Jan/Feb `12 , new one to me ?

jim1joiner
04-03-2012, 17:02
Hi,
Just found the email i got from autoreisenit says,use bank debit card,not a prepaid card plus 100 euros deposit

Su1
04-03-2012, 18:28
I'll second that - Autoreisen / Orcar any time. No contest. Always use them.
Picked up car last week from AR at the airport ...... a very new car.......seems they may have updated their fleet. Also got confirmation that they are the 'same firm as Orcar same terms & conditions. Was advised to check both web sites to get the best deal as they vary as to whom is the cheapest.

jim1joiner
07-03-2012, 18:38
Just booked with Orca no problem with visa debit,cheaper than AR

dolmard
16-05-2012, 07:08
Today there is some special deal with Hertz for ryanair customers : for 3 weeks in july 147,52 € a Toyota Yaris. Can't believe it ! 130 € less than Orcar/AR...

edit : there is some extras like the fuel/second driver/baby seats and extras are not cheap with Hertz not sure in fact it's a good deal... Anyone experienced Hertz in Tenerife ?