PDA

View Full Version : Bars Bojangles, El Mirador, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
20-02-2012, 23:34
As requested I have opened a new thread on the recently 'name changed' bar.

Please post your reviews here

seanocelt
21-02-2012, 02:19
thanks for prompt attention Mr Supermod, act cancelled tonight again i hear, to some more fury, so wanted to make sure no association with O Jangles name.

golf birdie
21-02-2012, 10:14
can't see why they don't have punters, everyone keeps telling me the island is full to busting point;)

Ecky Thump
18-06-2012, 06:16
Does any one know if they are on facebook? and if so, what are they now called???

TOTO 99
18-06-2012, 06:23
Does any one know if they are on facebook? and if so, what are they now called???

https://www.facebook.com/ojangles.tenerife?sk=wall

Ecky Thump
18-06-2012, 06:30
https://www.facebook.com/ojangles.tenerife?sk=wall

I wasn't sure if they used their old facebook name or if it had changed with new owners???

TOTO 99
18-06-2012, 06:51
I wasn't sure if they used their old facebook name or if it had changed with new owners???

Confusingly, there is another one under the name "Bo Jan Gles" which was last updated in May and I think there's at least one other aswell...:crazy:

Ecky Thump
18-06-2012, 07:01
Confusingly, there is another one under the name "Bo Jan Gles" which was last updated in May and I think there's at least one other aswell...:crazy:

Thanks, that's the very one........Bo Jan Gles

Why is life so confusing???

Ecky Thump
18-06-2012, 07:01

Thanks, that's the very one........Bo Jan Gles

Why is life so confusing???

ken19
12-09-2012, 12:57
I've heard from someone who came home last week that Bojangles was struggling and on the verge of closure.
Has anyone any heard anything.

nelson
12-09-2012, 15:58
can't see why they don't have punters, everyone keeps telling me the island is full to busting point;)

to be fair to seancelt he thinks that everywhere has been slow this past summer, portugal etc. He does not think that the attack on renting here is in any way reducing footfall in bars etc at the moment.

Ecky Thump
12-09-2012, 17:19
I've heard from someone who came home last week that Bojangles was struggling and on the verge of closure.
Has anyone any heard anything.

I don't know where the story has come from that they are on the verge of closure, but my Brother-in law returned to the UK on Monday and he said that on most evenings Bo Jangles was quite busy and that most of the bars in that area were quiet during the day time.:hat:

seanocelt
12-09-2012, 18:20
Its been swings and roundabouts on the El Mirador bar front; Bars that were busiest before have dropped a bit, bars that were quieter past 2 years gained. Some entertainer changes have contributed to it, not heard any talk of closure, or any for sale. Different story in other Los Cris and PDLA areas, absolutely loads up for sale, prices dropping.

Sal
13-09-2012, 20:21
As far as I'm concerned Bojangles shot themselves in the foot big time at the June forum meet-up. Haven't been there since and don't intend to return...................on the other hand O'Jangles was brilliant - amazing what a change of ownership can do!

Ecky Thump
23-10-2013, 12:33
Yesterday I had the misfortune of eating a breakfast in BoJangles, it was probably the smallest and greasiest concoction that I have ever had put in front of me (and I have eaten in some outlandish places before), the cutlery was filthy with dried food from the previous user, another couple who were there also had filthy cutlery given to them.
If I was forced to give it a score for quality and cleanliness it would have to be in the minus range!!

To give a positive to this post,.....the young fair haired girl who served us was pleasant, even when I had to return the bottle of sin alcohol beer as it was not even chilled......She smiled!:doh:

Angusjim
23-10-2013, 13:25
Yesterday I had the misfortune of eating a breakfast in BoJangles, it was probably the smallest and greasiest concoction that I have ever had put in front of me (and I have eaten in some outlandish places before), the cutlery was filthy with dried food from the previous user, another couple who were there also had filthy cutlery given to them.
If I was forced to give it a score for quality and cleanliness it would have to be in the minus range!!

To give a positive to this post,.....the young fair haired girl who served us was pleasant, even when I had to return the bottle of sin alcohol beer as it was not even chilled......She smiled!:doh:

Did you leave a tip:lol:

TOTO 99
23-10-2013, 13:33

Surely he's giving us all one with that post..:lol:

Malteser Monkey
23-10-2013, 13:38

Did you seriously post this - :whistle::wink2::D:D:D

Angusjim
23-10-2013, 13:41
I think you will find that Ecky is one of the most generous people that he knows:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
23-10-2013, 13:45
I think you will find that Ecky is one of the most generous people that he knows:whistle:

I think it's more Carol who is generous with his wallett:D

marbro8
23-10-2013, 20:32
I think it's more Carol who is generous with his wallett:D HE is ridiculously generous, it got to the point where i had to resort to sneaking by their apartment and weighing money down on their patio table with candles to stop it blowing away:lol:, because every time i tried to pay for something he kept saying "oh it doesn't matter":lol:

slodgedad
23-10-2013, 20:42
Can we get back on topic? Bojangles, good or not?
I know it used to be brill.

marbro8
23-10-2013, 20:47
Can we get back on topic? Bojangles, good or not?
I know it used to be brill.we went in for a drink last week but it seems to be poorly run now:( it looks grubby the floors are sticky to walk on and the tables look like they need a good scrub:(

warbey
23-10-2013, 21:01

I thought it was a bit of a Dump at best.

I liked the Staff, and They made it what it was.

What happened to Tom.?

slodgedad
23-10-2013, 21:17
Shame really. Good position, decent space inside, nice terrace. Can't understande why they have let standards slip, especially with the competition nearby.

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)

Tom & Sharon
23-10-2013, 22:11
Didn't the Indian there buy it, or have I dreamt that?

marbro8
23-10-2013, 22:30
Didn't the Indian there buy it, or have I dreamt that?well if they did and that's the standard of cleanliness i'm glad i have never eaten in there:lol:

seanocelt
24-10-2013, 01:51
Didn't the Indian there buy it, or have I dreamt that?

no, the landlord is Chinese and now his daughter runs it, i believe.

jogger321
24-10-2013, 10:39

I thought it was a bit of a Dump at best.

I liked the Staff, and They made it what it was.

What happened to Tom.?

Yes what happened to Tom is he still in Tenerife..very nice guy not sure what went wrong when he was running it because it was very good then...

murph
25-10-2013, 21:12
Its been swings and roundabouts on the El Mirador bar front; Bars that were busiest before have dropped a bit, bars that were quieter past 2 years gained. Some entertainer changes have contributed to it, not heard any talk of closure, or any for sale. Different story in other Los Cris and PDLA areas, absolutely loads up for sale, prices dropping.

How are the bars on the Funchal strip doing?

primrose
25-10-2013, 21:24
How are the bars on the Funchal strip doing?

I went past Funchal strip Tuesday tea time and it was quite busy,that was about 6 o'clock, busier than I have seen it for quite a while.

slodgedad
25-10-2013, 21:29
Please get back on topic. Feel free to start a busy Funchal thead

seanocelt
26-10-2013, 11:52
Only been once in past 8 months, also that quote is pretty old, even longer since i was on El Mirador strip. I moved away from Los Cristianos, rarely in it now.