PDA

View Full Version : Other What legal requirements are there for using a Jetski in Tenerife?

zeus4604
21-02-2012, 11:34
Hi, first post so go easy please. I am thinking of purchasing a jetski having owned one in the UK before. Having chatted with a few people in Tenerife the info i have been receiving is a little sketchy, so:
Do i need a license?
Do i have to pass at least a Lvl 2 powerboat course? If so do you know where i can do one in the Los Gigantes area.
And finally is it a legal requirement for insurance, although i would have it anyway, its more concerning other users hitting you un-insured.

Many thanks :)

samnickgodber
22-02-2012, 09:20
Hi,
I know you have to have some sort of license and insurance as a friend of ours has just got one, and you have to do some ort of course too, not sure how, where, when ect but i think it has to be done in Spanish, i will try and find out but i think he is doing his in Ls Cristianos or Amarilla golf marina, i´m sure if you go down to the bay you could ask around in the ticket shops ect x

deepdivejunkie
22-02-2012, 10:52
As far as I am aware. You need public liabilty insurance, to protect others, for eg. if you damage another persons boat, or injure someone.
Would recommend giving Anne Hobson Insurance a call, she speaks English, and will give you all the info as she covers all types of insurance.
Tel 922 793866 or email info@annehobson-insurance.com

zeus4604
22-02-2012, 13:51
Many thanks for the advice, i'll certainly give Anne a call regarding insurance