PDA

View Full Version : What are the fees at Luther King school in south Tenerife?

Tracey Jayne
21-02-2012, 19:56
My son has been at Wingate school since we moved here a year ago but we are finding this to be very expensive. Does anyone know what the fees are like at Luther King and whether he would need to speak brilliant Spanish to go there??

slodgedad
21-02-2012, 20:03
HERE'S (http://www.lutherking.com/) the website

megsdad
23-02-2012, 11:02
My son has been at Wingate school since we moved here a year ago but we are finding this to be very expensive. Does anyone know what the fees are like at Luther King and whether he would need to speak brilliant Spanish to go there??
My daughter been there since she was 4, now 15, cost per month varies , i currently pay 99€ per month. Meg reckons it can be a help to speak Espaņol as the majority of teachers speak no English. I also believe itīs over subscribed and very difficult to get in

mossy
23-02-2012, 14:04
My daughter been there since she was 4, now 15, cost per month varies , i currently pay 99€ per month. Meg reckons it can be a help to speak Espaņol as the majority of teachers speak no English. I also believe itīs over subscribed and very difficult to get in
I'm not surprised for a 1/4 of the price compared to Wingate.

Cara72
14-03-2012, 14:10

Hiya, can I ask how long Meg's day is? I would like some more info on LK and you seem in the know. Does Meg have comedor? :)

megsdad
14-03-2012, 15:55
Hi, Meg is now in 3rd year seniors and her hours changed this year. She gets the bus at 7.30, bus from golf del sur to school and back costs me 104€ a month. Classes start at 8.45, there is a morning break about 11 then a lunch break. Megs classes finish at 2.30 and she is home for 3, apart from Thursday which is 5 p.m. home 5.30.This year meg didnīt want comedor, itīs not cool at 15!!lol, so itīs snacks or the local shop, seem to remember last years comedor at around 125€, sticks in my mind because it was more than the fees or the bus!!! Any other info please ask

MrsTT
14-03-2012, 17:57
If you are located in the south you may like to check out our website and fees. www.callaolearning.org

miketikolo
19-03-2012, 10:03
Does anyone know what the expenses are like at Luther Professional and whether he would need to talk about amazing Mentioning language to go there??

Tracey Jayne
19-03-2012, 10:39
Mrs TT

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately my son is 13 this year so too old for your learning centre.
However, I do think that you should consider expanding to Seniors as there is definitely a Monopoly on the English school set up here in the South.

MrsTT
19-03-2012, 23:44
Mrs TT

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately my son is 13 this year so too old for your learning centre.
However, I do think that you should consider expanding to Seniors as there is definitely a Monopoly on the English school set up here in the South.

Thanks for the idea! Sorry he is too old. In the centre, I am working to complement the existing systems, with a unique approach to individual teaching and learning, which is matched to the child. Children are taught in small groups and parents are given detailed insights into their child's current level, progress and targets for future work. As a new establishment, the need so far has been with children in our current age group but I have one or two seniors who have private tuition in areas where they want to gain more accomplishment. However, my skill set is well honed in Primary Education and I would not feel comfortable dealing with seniors en masse!

We are a very flexible establishment and children can attend full time, or for full or part days, full or part weeks, during holiday and term times, as we remain open when other schools are closed. We plan holiday sessions that give the children structured activites that are fun as well as for learning new skills. These include PE, art and music as well as lots of games.