PDA

View Full Version : Where do you recommend for St Patrick's Day 2012 in south Tenerife?

Sombra
22-02-2012, 17:13
Hope this is in the right place, feel free to move if not. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything good happening this year for St Patrick's Day? Planning to head to the South as it falls on a Saturday this year and rather than randomly choose an Irish bar was looking for some suggestions. Thanks!

duracell290
22-02-2012, 22:23
Hola,

I was here last 17th Mar and being from the Wee county, love our National day out, (ie, on the beer). We brought some of our new found Sasanach's friends,up to Temple bar in San Eugenio and they had the best night out they ever had. lol.
We had to be there early enough, to get seats as mum is wheelchair bound, but the Irish stew was lovely and the Guinness, although pricey was sublime. ( fine hard **** the next day lmao)

This year looks great as well, but this year Irelands last match of the six nation (Rugby) is England at Twickenham that afternoon, so the 17th will be an even better day again this year, if we win :goodluck:.

Plenty of other Irish bars around and they will all have entertainment on and the craic will be good no matter where you are but this was my last experience here and I'll be there again this year. (look for the mad Leprachaun, there'll be loads, but one very mad one lol.)

D.

Greg
22-02-2012, 23:00
vivo, aka Treasure Island has had the biggest turn out for many years, lots of acts flown over for the day and local talant lending a hand. A great day out.

seanocelt
23-02-2012, 02:23
[QUOTE=duracell290;146992]Hola,

I was here last 17th Mar and being from the Wee county, love our National day out, (ie, on the beer). We brought some of our new found Sasanach's friends,up to Temple bar in San Eugenio and they had the best night out they ever had. lol.
We had to be there early enough, to get seats as mum is wheelchair bound, but the Irish stew was lovely and the Guinness, although pricey was sublime. ( fine hard **** the next day lmao)

This year looks great as well, but this year Irelands last match of the six nation (Rugby) is England at Twickenham that afternoon, so the 17th will be an even better day again this year, if we win :goodluck:.

Plenty of other Irish bars around and they will all have entertainment on and the craic will be good no matter where you are but this was my last experience here and I'll be there again this year. (look for the mad Leprachaun, there'll be loads, but one very mad one lol.)

D.[/QUOTE

Ha Ha what a reply, Wee County folks always up for the craic. Us Tyrone ones will be in a few places over the day,and have the Sunday planned for Celts in the cup final too. Always a grand day in Tenerife, Paddy's Day....3 weeks to go so.

dotyb
23-02-2012, 02:37
where is the best place to watch the rugby on saturday ....welsh bars.. in los cris..playa las americas

Sombra
23-02-2012, 02:47
Thanks for the suggestions, some good ones there. Looking forward to it :) any excuse for a good night out!

seanocelt
23-02-2012, 03:09
where is the best place to watch the rugby on saturday ....welsh bars.. in los cris..playa las americas

The craic is good in Nancy Spain's for the rugby. Ran by two rugby nuts, esp the one from Tipperary. Its Irish though. Welsh pub nearby called Polygon, never been in but may have a few Taffs about. Love the 6 nations.