PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is it quiet on here?

YOUNG GOLFER
23-02-2012, 00:20
Never thought i would start a thread like this but it does seem quite these days on here.
Anyone like to shed any light to why?
Never know it might bring out a few other members ;) or is it FACEBOOK that has taken over.

AL JAY
23-02-2012, 00:35
I have been thinking the same for a while,i am on facebook but rarely use it,I think a few of what i would call charachters are missing like Treble99, Pollye, Pablo, Maxine, Daverf, Creusehomme and Harmonicaman,to name a few, I log on everday but get a bit bored when there are long periods without posts,hopefuly it will improve because when its busy its great, You can laugh,cry,help people and continually find out some great info on the wonderful island that is Tenerife!!!

kathml
23-02-2012, 00:42
I agree its not like it used to be Not had a decent discussion for ages

The only ongoing one is the illegal and everyone has entrenched ideas and no one will give or take at all

Medman
23-02-2012, 00:42
Only 19 members logged on right now. I'm on most every day, basing myself on the Fun & Games. Always manage to rouse someone even during the day, although it does tend to be about 10 or so regulars that keep it going. I check other threads etc and will get involved if it interests me or sometime just follow a tasty thread.
I remember there was an Everton fan, think his name is Al Jay; :D He used to be a regular on the F&G and had many good night late into the night on our two favourite subjects music and football.
But yes it's quiet .......Sh---------------

Davie Thistle
23-02-2012, 00:45
Evrybuddys out enjoying the great weather!!!:scared:

ruffus
23-02-2012, 00:49
Yep, I think the forum as really changed Treble99 always made me laugh. It is definitely not the same as it was years ago, we have lost some good characters, which is a shame. Treble did appear on the Forum a few months back, but nothing since, maybe he got bored too rolleyes2:

YOUNG GOLFER
23-02-2012, 00:51
Well off to bed the wifes orders......but glad i am not he only member on here thinking the same......bit of luck this thread night help bring people back online.
Good night guys.

timmylish
23-02-2012, 01:30
Never thought i would start a thread like this but it does seem quite these days on here.
Never know it might bring out a few other members ;) or is it FACEBOOK that has taken over.

I made an identical observation some 6 months only to be met with a barrage of comments to the effect that i was being negative, had an agenda and various other, non-constructive comments. Against that I entered into a brief, helpful, exchange with two of the main principals on here in an effort to reach a constructive view of my problem with this Forum and the Forum itself. I maid it well known here on my observations but unfortunately, again, a "gang" merely suggested I go elsewhere if I didn,t like the state of this Forum. Well I did and didm,t. Didn,t start posting elsewhere just reduced my input on here. As I said at the time I just felt that various factions were more interested in pursuing their own agenda treating everyone else as unwanted or not included. There were periods when you (I) came on here and frankly were unable to follow or understand the true meanings of threads as they were clearly just personal exchanges. As a result, people like myself have reduced our inputs. Things have become too serious. People alledgedly taking offence when jocular comments were being made etc etc. I could, but won,t, go on and on as I did make an effort to express my opinions on this subject previously, all apparently, to no avail.

Medman
23-02-2012, 01:36
I made an identical observation some 6 months only to be met with a barrage of comments to the effect that i was being negative, had an agenda and various other, non-constructive comments. Against that I entered into a brief, helpful, exchange with two of the main principals on here in an effort to reach a constructive view of my problem with this Forum and the Forum itself. I maid it well known here on my observations but unfortunately, again, a "gang" merely suggested I go elsewhere if I didn,t like the state of this Forum. Well I did and didm,t. Didn,t start posting elsewhere just reduced my input on here. As I said at the time I just felt that various factions were more interested in pursuing their own agenda treating everyone else as unwanted or not included. There were periods when you (I) came on here and frankly were unable to follow or understand the true meanings of threads as they were clearly just personal exchanges. As a result, people like myself have reduced our inputs. Things have become too serious. People alledgedly taking offence when jocular comments were being made etc etc. I could, but won,t, go on and on as I did make an effort to express my opinions on this subject previously, all apparently, to no avail.

Ah belt up ya moaning faced eejit ! :D :scared: Only kiddin' :agree:

timmylish
23-02-2012, 02:06
But that is exactly what has been lost!

Medman
23-02-2012, 02:10
But that is exactly what has been lost!

I'm only here for the banter ! C'mon over to Fun & Games and meet the real nutters :neener::raspberry::laugh::crazy::duh::bootyshake: :fpull::D:stupid::doh::cheeky::tongue:

All in the best po----------ssible taste of course

dede
23-02-2012, 08:40
Yes this thread is a clone of one of my old ones and i just got shot down then!!! so nothing to contribute to this sorry........

Simon-M
23-02-2012, 08:54
I gave it a wide birth for ages after last years fiasco over the site going offline and changing domains etc. People put a lot of themselves into a forum like this and then to have have to be dragged through that fiasco without what seemed like a care from the forum owner just put me off.

Anyway, I'm back now with nuggets of wisdom (or not :)) but don't let it happen again :) You made me feel violated :redcard:

s1monsg
23-02-2012, 09:20
I agree, I think it has a lot to do with the change of the forum domain and the re-registering etc etc. People probably used it because they were already members but once they were unable to use it for a while they probably realised that they could get along in life without it after all and didn't bother re-registering.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2012, 09:27
Not enough missing dogs or cats to talk about.;)

Added after 2 minutes:

Or gas bottles for sale, Tony misses them!:p

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 10:22

Added after 2 minutes:

Or gas bottles for sale, Tony misses them!:p

:crylaughing:

That's it Ecky !!!

TOTO 99
23-02-2012, 10:46
Maybe they just got tired of being ridiculed, corrected or abused by the all knowing posters who seem to think that you are somehow of lower intelligence if you don't happen to live in Tenerife.
Like: The fun
Dislike: The nastiness

megsdad
23-02-2012, 10:47
As one who used to use this forum every single day and visit 3 or 4 times in a day i now hardly bother. Why?, well I find the site incredibly difficult to use now, canīt reply without including a quote and impossible to reply to PMīs, I canīt be the only one can I?

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 11:00
As one who used to use this forum every single day and visit 3 or 4 times in a day i now hardly bother. Why?, well I find the site incredibly difficult to use now, canīt reply without including a quote and impossible to reply to PMīs, I canīt be the only one can I?

are you using Internet Explorer as you browser - as I said on another thread it doesn't work for me same problems that you have stated. I use Chrome or Safari

Medman
23-02-2012, 11:09
are you using Internet Explorer as you browser - as I said on another thread it doesn't work for me same problems that you have stated. I use Chrome or Safari

Firefox works for me

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 11:22
Firefox works for me

who asked you ??:D

Medman
23-02-2012, 11:32
who asked you ??:D

They do say it's nice to be asked, but if you waited till you were asked you would get hee haw ! It's nice to be nice (the only way I know) :D

West mids tyke
23-02-2012, 11:39
I'm only here for the banter ! C'mon over to Fun & Games and meet the real nutters :neener::raspberry::laugh::crazy::duh::bootyshake: :fpull::D:stupid::doh::cheeky::tongue:

All in the best po----------ssible taste of course

and im still trying to knock you outta the BLOCKS league top 2 always fall short

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 11:40
Nice answer:D

West mids tyke
23-02-2012, 11:46
i still come on here more or less everyday to keep up with the comings and goings of tenerife life but it doesnt feel the same as it used to, seems like the tenerife illegal lettings thread as taken over the forum and its just a slanging match between people with no actual solution or explanation to the "illegal" lettings problem, it might be a problem but the only way round this i suppose is the hotels all inclusives or whatever reduce their prices to get people in not resort to mud slinging so to speak, also after one of my friends experiences in a certain hotel near costa adeje where he come back from hols to hospital to find out he had legionaires disease caused by the air conditioning system time for hotels to up their health and safety standards too, anyway this forum is too QUIETTTTTTTTTTT, where's that illegal lettings thread now lets put some more life into it lol, oh and the fantasy footy thread

poker
23-02-2012, 11:59
Site has become to complicated and slow to load on computer.
I hardly look anymore with my computer only look via tapatalk on android now.
Sent using Tapatalk.

Santiago
23-02-2012, 12:02
I also read through the days posts pretty well every day and join in as many as I can, except for the illegal lettings thread which seems to have almost completely excluded the holidaymakers who stay on the tourist complexes. Like others I tend to stick to the Fun and Games thread and one or two other threads where there are cheerful people who are quite happy to insult me on a daily basis!

Medman
23-02-2012, 12:14
and im still trying to knock you outta the BLOCKS league top 2 always fall short

I know, it's pretty tough.I'm still trying to catch a snail!!

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 12:16
I also read through the days posts pretty well every day and join in as many as I can, except for the illegal lettings thread which seems to have almost completely excluded the holidaymakers who stay on the tourist complexes. Like others I tend to stick to the Fun and Games thread and one or two other threads where there are cheerful people who are quite happy to insult me on a daily basis!

Well if a job's worth doing it's worth doing well:whistle::D

Brian
23-02-2012, 12:18
I know, it's pretty tough.I'm still trying to catch a snail!!

Keep trying:D

tonypub
23-02-2012, 12:21
its all changed since henry n jackie teamed up:devil2:

Medman
23-02-2012, 12:39
Keep trying:D

I'v been so close, so often and you say ,,,,,,,,,,,, so what !! :D

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 12:45
I'v been so close, so often and you say ,,,,,,,,,,,, so what !! :D

not close enough tho:whistle::D

Santiago
23-02-2012, 12:52
Well, that brought a lot of posers out of the woodwork - or in the case of Brian, out of the garden wall. Keep it up folks and we could have something going here!

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 12:58
Well, that brought a lot of posers out of the woodwork - or in the case of Brian, out of the garden wall. Keep it up folks and we could have something going here!

:crylaughing::crylaughing:

POSERS !!! you speak for yourself - mind you ALJay and Tonypub :whistle::D

yes but are we on topic ?

Medman
23-02-2012, 13:03

POSERS !!! you speak for yourself - mind ALJay and Tonypub :whistle::D

Who cares ....another big thank you to Young Golfer :bowdown: 2440

AL JAY
23-02-2012, 13:30

POSERS !!! you speak for yourself - mind you ALJay and Tonypub :whistle::D

*Chokes on Foie gras and Quails egg sarnie* :whistle: :raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 13:39
*Chokes on Foie gras and Quails egg sarnie* :whistle: :raspberry2:

no cucumber ?

Tom & Sharon
23-02-2012, 13:55
We'll resurrect the "Tenerife bar merry go round thread" to spice it up if you want ;) :scared:

Seriously though,I (Tom) find that when perhaps someone new comes on the forum asking a question or seeking information, sometimes (and i mean only sometimes) you find that quite a few people will reply to the thread with 'in house' quips or just stupid and unhelpful comments (I await the barrage :bootyshake:)
And this may scare people off,I always look at most threads and if I don't have an answer to the query I won't post but some people can't help themselves and this may make the forum seem cliquey ?

The Illegal lettings thread does seem to have taken over the forum at the moment and we have lost many good members and a couple of trolling idiots as well.

Tom :tiphat:

TOTO 99
23-02-2012, 14:02
no cucumber ?

What would you want with a cucumber?..........:whistle:

fesdie
23-02-2012, 14:06
As a newcomer to the forum I agree with what you are saying to a point.
I personally have had nothing but helpful replies to any questions I have posted and find the forum incredibly helpful.
But I do read most of the threads throughout the day and have been put off replying when there seems to be a clique thing going on.
That said whenever you join something new there is always going to be an element of that and I just neeed to climb out of my comfort zone and risk being shot down with sarky comments!!
One thread I don't think I will risk tho is the illegal lettings one, not brave enough!!::spin:

atlantico
23-02-2012, 14:46
the illegal lettings thread has alienated so many people, I think that is made them refuse to contribute to this forum. BUT, the other one has even less, so maybe its something else

Suej
23-02-2012, 14:52
I agree, I think it has a lot to do with the change of the forum domain and the re-registering etc etc. People probably used it because they were already members but once they were unable to use it for a while they probably realised that they could get along in life without it after all and didn't bother re-registering.

I agree!:agree:

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 14:54
What would you want with a cucumber?..........:whistle:

sarnies...what do you mean:D

We'll resurrect the "Tenerife bar merry go round thread" to spice it up if you want ;) :scared:

Seriously though,I (Tom) find that when perhaps someone new comes on the forum asking a question or seeking information, sometimes (and i mean only sometimes) you find that quite a few people will reply to the thread with 'in house' quips or just stupid and unhelpful comments (I await the barrage :bootyshake:)
And this may scare people off,I always look at most threads and if I don't have an answer to the query I won't post but some people can't help themselves and this may make the forum seem cliquey ?

The Illegal lettings thread does seem to have taken over the forum at the moment and we have lost many good members and a couple of trolling idiots as well.

Tom :tiphat:

oooops that's me told !!!!:bootyshake::D

Suej
23-02-2012, 14:57
the illegal lettings thread has alienated so many people, I think that is made them refuse to contribute to this forum. BUT, the other one has even less, so maybe its something else

If you look elsewhere they have a handful of members posting constantly (real hardcore social networkers) without these poster's input some Forums would be non-existent!;)

Jackalina
23-02-2012, 15:25
Couldn't agree more Tom very cliqueish. Having said that I have had good advice here.

Jackie
23-02-2012, 15:28
its all changed since henry n jackie teamed up:devil2:

:redcard:.......

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 15:35
Couldn't agree more Tom very cliqueish. Having said that I have had good advice here.

I don't know exactly who this refers to but there are a few of us who have been on this and the old forum for years so we know quite a bit about each other - we also share emails . There is never any malice from my part i hope - I only strive to put a little smile on faces, the odd one or two have been known to spit their coffee out or a boiled sweet - but I never intend to harm:D

There is a place called the dungeon where they try to keep all our drivel and off topic comments and the door is always open, it's just a daft place we made up ! but we enjoy - humour us:D:bowdown::hello:

Suej
23-02-2012, 16:13
When I first joined the old Forum in 2009 it took weeks for me to post as it appeared everyone knew each other! I don't think there are any cliques now just a few people that know each other from old! it's simple just join in where ever and when ever you feel like it!:welcome:

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 16:26
Yeap no one bites do they ?

Most of 'em don't have their own teeth !!!!:D:D

:run::run::run::bounce:

AL JAY
23-02-2012, 16:36
Yeap no one bites do they ?

Most of 'em don't have their own teeth !!!!:D:D

:run::run::run::bounce::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ro fl::rofl:

Tom & Sharon
23-02-2012, 16:38
I don't know exactly who this refers to but there are a few of us who have been on this and the old forum for years so we know quite a bit about each other - we also share emails . There is never any malice from my part i hope - I only strive to put a little smile on faces, the odd one or two have been known to spit their coffee out or a boiled sweet - but I never intend to harm:D

There is a place called the dungeon where they try to keep all our drivel and off topic comments and the door is always open, it's just a daft place we made up ! but we enjoy - humour us:D:bowdown::hello:

MM,I agree I have never interpreted the replies as being malicious,but I do sometimes look at the replies and think 'for goodness sake just give the person the answer they are looking for instead of being a smart ***e'

I haven't seen any smart ***e replies for a while I have to admit.

Tom

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 16:45
I haven't seen any smart ***e replies for a while I have to admit.

Tom

Yes slodgie's been a bit quiet recently:bootyshake::hello: Well it was nice knowing you - I'll wear my BAN with pride.

ahhh Slodgie can take it !!!:crossfingers::D

Oh and AlJay it was you I was referring to yuhooo:D

Tom & Sharon
23-02-2012, 16:51
Yes slodgie's been a bit quiet recently:bootyshake::hello: Well it was nice knowing you - I'll wear my BAN with pride.

ahhh Slodgie can take it !!!

Oh and AlJay it was you I was referring to yuhooo:D

:crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::cryi ng2::crying2: Please don't go :pray::pray::pray: :D

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2012, 16:58
:crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::cryi ng2::crying2: Please don't go :pray::pray::pray: :D

Babe I love you soooo,
I want you to know
That I'm gonna miss your love
the minute you walk out that door..........................all together.... please don't go - don't gooooooooooooooooooooo

you'll like that one AlJay won't you

KC and the sunshine band ....thank you

I ain't going anywhere.........yet:D

dokgolf
23-02-2012, 17:59

I remember saying exactly the same thing to a certain member before and I got pilloried for itrolleyes2:

Medman
23-02-2012, 19:40
I remember saying exactly the same thing to a certain member before and I got pilloried for itrolleyes2:

Let's have an amnesty and bring back the exiles :D :devil2:

warbey
23-02-2012, 20:15

So True Tom....spot on.

The cliques are perhaps a way of keeping in touch with People We get on with, rather than
some wolf in sheep's clothing who accompany the trolls.

Tom :tiphat:...................

doreen
23-02-2012, 22:20
My tuppence worth - every Forum is "cliquey" ... but usually it is because posters know each other, sometimes not just virtually, and so In Jokes & Banter abound.
Yes, the Illegal Lettings thread has taken on a life of its own but surely it should not be a reason not to post in other threads.
It would be brilliant if each poster in this thread started a new thread in a section that interests them personally - if you think it's broke, let's rally round to fix it :)

Davie Thistle
23-02-2012, 22:24
.......I likes being on the outside looking in!!!
well until I find a post that interests me!

:spin:

blondie
23-02-2012, 22:33
Maybe new members dont take too kindly if they express a viable opinion. which a lot of members agree with I hasten to add, to be told they are "told they are talking a lot of tosh and dont live in the real world" Hardly welcoming is it , but thankfully I well aware the obnoxious folk on here are few and far between.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2012, 23:05
Maybe new members dont take too kindly if they express a viable opinion. which a lot of members agree with I hasten to add, to be told they are "told they are talking a lot of tosh and dont live in the real world" Hardly welcoming is it , but thankfully I well aware the obnoxious folk on here are few and far between.

Maybe we were talking Tosh and living in Cuckoo Land, but we were happy with our opinion.

Santiago
23-02-2012, 23:34
As a newcomer to the forum I agree with what you are saying to a point.
I personally have had nothing but helpful replies to any questions I have posted and find the forum incredibly helpful.
But I do read most of the threads throughout the day and have been put off replying when there seems to be a clique thing going on.
That said whenever you join something new there is always going to be an element of that and I just neeed to climb out of my comfort zone and risk being shot down with sarky comments!!
One thread I don't think I will risk tho is the illegal lettings one, not brave enough!!::spin:

I have just been posting on the Fun and Games Forum and I admit it does look like there is a "clique" of people on there every day/night. It is also the same on one or two other threads I use regularly. However, if no one else joins in it is bound to turn into the same people posting over and over again to keep the whole thing alive. I can't answer for others, but I would be more than happy to have new members posting on the threads I use - the more the merrier!

YOUNG GOLFER
24-02-2012, 00:11
Well it's nice to see so many replies which shows me there are still enough people who care for this forum.........so lets get posting.....there are threads that might be a tad boring to read but it's up to us guys to start new ones.
So why not start now........ each person starting a thread on what ever subject they wish.

Come on let's get these mods of their bums and get them back to work lol.

AJP
24-02-2012, 00:54
Well said YG,I think I,ve gotten myself so caught up in that letting thread,that I,ve forgotten what brought me to this forum in the first place..my love for Tenerife.I,ve worked out that I,ve spent 1 year of my life on the island,over a span of 20 years.:c2::c2:

slodgedad
24-02-2012, 01:36
Well it's nice to see so many replies which shows me there are still enough people who care for this forum.........so lets get posting.....there are threads that might be a tad boring to read but it's up to us guys to start new ones.
So why not start now........ each person starting a thread on what ever subject they wish.

I'm on me bum cos I can't mod stood up...:fpull:

Great thread. Just goes to show that a lot of members really want to improve things but without posting they never will.

Cliques are only formed when threads are allowed to be taken over by the same couple of members. If you have summat to say then say it.

Get posting....

bonitatime
24-02-2012, 09:51
Do you not think that there are less of us here and therefore its less busy. Most of the residentes left are not doing so well therefore when folk come on and ask questions answers are negative consequently the askers dont ask again
As to the illegal letting thread it is a bit like a car crash you know you shouldn't look but resistance is impossible

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2012, 10:03
I'm on me bum cos I can't mod stood up...:fpull:

Great thread. Just goes to show that a lot of members really want to improve things but without posting they never will.

Cliques are only formed when threads are allowed to be taken over by the same couple of members. If you have summat to say then say it.

Get posting....

So I'm not banned then Slodgie ?

Suej
24-02-2012, 11:42
Let's have an amnesty and bring back the exiles :D :devil2:

Why? were they all banned!:laugh:

Own up anyone in a clique!!!:welcome:

Medman
24-02-2012, 12:12
Why? were they all banned!:laugh:

Own up anyone in a clique!!!:welcome:

Why don't you join a clique today? No such thing as an impenetrable clique :welcome:

Suej
24-02-2012, 12:15
Why don't you join a clique today? No such thing as an impenetrable clique :welcome:

C'mon then!!! I'm in so that's two of us!:welcome:

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2012, 12:33
C'mon then!!! I'm in so that's two of us!:welcome:

I wouldn't want to impose.....:D

Suej
24-02-2012, 13:09
I wouldn't want to impose.....:D

Is that a Yes then?:bowdown:

willowlily
24-02-2012, 13:58
it does not give members any confidence when whole posts are deleted " not re-directed " by admin because they think in their wisdom it is not P.C and i am not talking about obscenities directed personally at other members. this makes it a little one sided in some cases. it makes people wary of voicing their opinions and we are all entitled to them. some members seem to me treated more leniently with their off the wall ideas which generally make it an amusing website to enter in the end you will have small grey clique all agreeing and patting each other on then back. yawn, yawn yawn.

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2012, 14:39
Is that a Yes then?:bowdown:

Si !:mexicanwave:

Santiago
24-02-2012, 14:43
Si !:mexicanwave:

Me four, too!:stupid:

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2012, 14:47
Hooo's Five ??

Suej
24-02-2012, 15:20
Give Cainaries a large red and she's anybody's so I guess we can count her in!:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2012, 15:32
Give Cainaries a large red and she's anybody's so I guess we can count her in!:laugh:

OOoooo you're for it now !

Jackie - give her Henri and she'll be in - or Warbs come to think of it .......................:D

Suej
24-02-2012, 16:08

Jackie - give her Henri and she'll be in - or Warbs come to think of it .......................:D

Where is that Jackie? floosing around!:bellydancer:

Added after 1 3 minutes:

Firefox works for me

Oooh you little Firecracker!:wink2:

Medman
24-02-2012, 18:23
Imposers, interloupers, gatecrashers, buttinerers, peekers, sniffers all welcome in thee ForumCliques.com :D

Jackie
24-02-2012, 18:29

Thanks for that MM haha

Where is that Jackie? floosing around!:bellydancer:

Added after 1 3 minutes:

Oooh you little Firecracker!:wink2:

Floosing is what I do best apparently ;)

Balcony
24-02-2012, 18:36
This past year or so I've not been here as much as I've had so much to do. We'd even got so far as to sell up and move elsewhere, possibly France. But, getting towards the end (if my builders finish tomorrow as promised), but when I have been here I've noticed a different "feel" to the forum. Can't define it any closer than that. Maybe some of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading havn't been here, or there weas stuff going on in the background, with all the changes, that caused some to feel they didn't want to know anymore. Who knows? I don't know the ins and outs of it all.

I still find it stimulating to be here. I get answers to questions and answers to questions I didn't know I was thinking about. There's a wealth of experience we can all draw on and learn from.

Sundowner
24-02-2012, 20:52
Well it was nice and peaceful........until your post "Young Golfer" now you have woke everyone up.......

warbey
24-02-2012, 21:07
Can I join, (and who is Boss?)

Where is the Lurker's clique.. Thats gone too.!

I wanted to post a question the other Night and discovered
I cant find the route to starting a new Thread
Sad innit..?

balababe
24-02-2012, 22:23

I go on the forum every day, but I am better at reading than writing! I have had quite a few problems solved and hopefully have helped a few people. The trouble is, we are not all good at making comments, but that does not mean we are not involved in the forum. I am now frantically thinking of a topic that is not Ryanair!!!

Santiago
24-02-2012, 22:32
I go on the forum every day, but I am better at reading than writing! I have had quite a few problems solved and hopefully have helped a few people. The trouble is, we are not all good at making comments, but that does not mean we are not involved in the forum. I am now frantically thinking of a topic that is not Ryanair!!!

Easyjet? Nice to have you with us, just jump on any thread and post what you like - that's what the rest of us do!

Suej
24-02-2012, 22:44
Can I join, (and who is Boss?)

Where is the Lurker's clique.. Thats gone too.!

I wanted to post a question the other Night and discovered
I cant find the route to starting a new Thread
Sad innit..?

No Boss warbs! I knew you wouldn't let us down!:welcome:

C'mon balababe join the Clique!!!!:c2:

Davie Thistle
24-02-2012, 22:48
AYE!

We are all watchin Benidorm!!!

Hahaha!

Mukin Fajik!!

YOUNG GOLFER
24-02-2012, 23:04
Well it was nice and peaceful........until your post "Young Golfer" now you have woke everyone up.......
That was the idea Sundowner.....i am sure we have all seen a difference over the last day or two and thats how it should be.
As for all the readers out there please start posting you never know you just might get to like it that goes for any new member too

Medman
28-02-2012, 00:15
That was the idea Sundowner.....i am sure we have all seen a difference over the last day or two and thats how it should be.
As for all the readers out there please start posting you never know you just might get to like it that goes for any new member too

On the 22nd when YG started this thread there were only 19 members on. Roughly the same time tonight 37 !!

YOUNG GOLFER
28-02-2012, 00:28
It's up to us all to keep this forum going in the right direction.....keep posting guys.....it's members that chat that make a forum good.

Ecky Thump
08-12-2016, 23:25
Who cut off the electricity???

Only three members logged in!

melm
08-12-2016, 23:49

I wonder????????

Ecky Thump
08-12-2016, 23:56
I wonder????????

I have to say over the last twenty four hours or so, it's been mainly quite pleasant posts....we can only hope it continues, like my teachers used to say:- "You must try harder":laugh:

melm
09-12-2016, 00:57
I have to say over the last twenty four hours or so, it's been mainly quite pleasant posts....we can only hope it continues, like my teachers used to say:- "You must try harder":laugh:

Don't hold your breath the three wise men will be along soon:devil2:

Alvy
09-12-2016, 01:40

Based on your description Ecky is neither?

Ecky Thump
09-12-2016, 10:00
I have to say over the last twenty four hours or so, it's been mainly quite pleasant posts....we can only hope it continues, like my teachers used to say "You must try harder":laugh:

Based on your description Ecky is neither?

Maybe Alvy's post says it all, melm cracks what I took to be a light hearted joke about 'Three Wise Men', I thought of Christmas and along comes Alvy with a poor attempt of sarcasm and we all wonder why people aren't posting.???

Alvy now I think is the time for you to maybe start to add people who you dislike or think will offend you to your ignore list and then there will be no need for this sort of confrontation, I'll make a start and I certainly won't be offended in any way if you ignore this post completely by not responding to it and putting me on your ignore list! .:)

Alvy
09-12-2016, 14:43
Maybe Alvy's post says it all, melm cracks what I took to be a light hearted joke about 'Three Wise Men', I thought of Christmas and along comes Alvy with a poor attempt of sarcasm and we all wonder why people aren't posting.???

Alvy now I think is the time for you to maybe start to add people who you dislike or think will offend you to your ignore list and then there will be no need for this sort of confrontation, I'll make a start and I certainly won't be offended in any way if you ignore this post completely by not responding to it and putting me on your ignore list! .:)

OMG, did (butthurt)- reporting button broke?

essexeddie
09-12-2016, 17:20
As the post says "it's quiet on here"
Me thinks someone has been carted off to the nuthouse.
Like a breath of fresh air.

Alvy
09-12-2016, 17:21
No, 'm still here! ;)

Ecky Thump
10-12-2016, 00:22

There's one thing about this forum and that's consistency.....there's still 3 on line! :D

Liftman
10-12-2016, 15:00
I have just got bored with all the nonsense on here.
Pretty much nothing on Tenerife, all about a very few people arguing with themselves, abusing other members over their personally held views.
It stopped being fun, so I just popped in and out, rather than staying on and posting.

AndyG
10-12-2016, 16:09
Did you get your place in El Medano sorted?

Ecky Thump
10-12-2016, 22:24
I have just got bored with all the nonsense on here.
Pretty much nothing on Tenerife, all about a very few people arguing with themselves, abusing other members over their personally held views.
It stopped being fun, so I just popped in and out, rather than staying on and posting.

There's certainly been a large improvement over the last few days, long may it continue.:)

Liftman
11-12-2016, 01:14
Did you get your place in El Medano sorted?

All lined up now, just the paperwork to do

helena246
11-12-2016, 09:33
There's certainly been a large improvement over the last few days, long may it continue.:)

SO are you saying its safe to come out from under the table NOW !

melm
11-12-2016, 11:17

We live in Hope.......

Carol55
11-12-2016, 11:38

We live in Hope.......

Oh I also do hope so,it would great to see the forum back to it's old self, we have been at a all time low, so there is only one direction to go, onwards and upwards, but it needs members to start posting, resurrect old threads, reviews, new threads and of course a few games would not go amiss, as lot of members who have taken part in these and contributed to the many other threads have departed to other forums.:pray:

martincrabb99
11-12-2016, 12:03
Oh I also do hope so,it would great to see the forum back to it's old self, we have been at a all time low, so there is only one direction to go, onwards and upwards, but it needs members to start posting, resurrect old threads, reviews, new threads and of course a few games would not go amiss, as lot of members who have taken part in these and contributed to the many other threads have departed to other forums.:pray:

I agree entirely, I have been popping in and out as I am interested in Tenerife issues. I am also interested in current affairs but not to the extent of some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol55
11-12-2016, 12:17
I agree entirely, I have been popping in and out as I am interested in Tenerife issues. I am also interested in current affairs but not to the extent of some.

So hopefully now that a couple of the threads have hopefully died a death, we will see you more often.
I think and hope that maybe if the dreaded 'Brexit' subject returns, it will be under the guise and format of a completely new thread...there you go Martin, there's something for you to do.:)

martincrabb99
11-12-2016, 12:27
So hopefully now that a couple of the threads have hopefully died a death, we will see you more often.
I think and hope that maybe if the dreaded 'Brexit' subject returns, it will be under the guise and format of a completely new thread...there you go Martin, there's something for you to do.:)

I think I may resurrect the Aston Villa thread instead[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
11-12-2016, 15:28
I think I may resurrect the Aston Villa thread instead[emoji23]

You should do that and go the full hog and mention Birmingham City, you might just get some good fun replies,:wink:

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 15:30
Its no QUIET any longer:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::w ave::wave::wave::wave:

Ecky Thump
11-12-2016, 15:38
Its no QUIET any longer:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::w ave::wave::wave::wave:

Good Grief...the man has returned.

The last time I heard about you was that you had been rushed off to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee with a severe head injury after dropping a 50p and it bounced and hit your head as you bent down to pick it up! :D

Welcome back Jim.

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 15:42
Good Grief...the man has returned.

The last time I heard about you was that you had been rushed off to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee with a severe head injury after dropping a 50p and it bounced and hit your head as you bent down to pick it up! :D

Welcome back Jim.

It wisnae a 50p in was a pound the way you hae written your post fowk will think I am bit tight we money that's how rumours start:c2:

Ecky Thump
11-12-2016, 15:46
It wisnae a 50p in was a pound the way you hae written your post fowk will think I am bit tight we money that's how rumours start:c2:

The truth hurts you tight Scottish git, you only stopped posting in case I knew when you were back in Tenerife and came to collect the half pint that you owe me.

But whatever you do, don't tell anyone when you are next planning to visit Tenerife as with the weather that you bring with you will cause a slump in the holiday industry. :wink:

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 15:49
The truth hurts you tight Scottish git, you only stopped posting in case I knew when you were back in Tenerife and came to collect the half pint that you owe me.

But whatever you do, don't tell anyone when you are next planning to visit Tenerife as with the weather that you bring with you will cause a slump in the holiday industry. :wink:

Glad you have mentioned my next visit In was wondering you could lend me the cost of a couple of flights in May next year:rain::sunnycloudy::rain:

Ecky Thump
11-12-2016, 15:55
Glad you have mentioned my next visit In was wondering you could lend me the cost of a couple of flights in May next year:rain::sunnycloudy::rain:

If you change to April, I will not just lend you the money, but will gladly pay for your flights!

Will you be staying at your cousins apartment on el Mirador, we are staying in Adeje in a villa....eight of us!! :wow:

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 15:59
If you change to April, I will not just lend you the money, but will gladly pay for your flights!

Will you be staying at your cousins apartment on el Mirador, we are staying in Adeje in a villa....eight of us!! :wow:

Nothing booked yet any room for us twa in Adeje I will gie yea a tenner for the week

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Nothing booked yet any room for us twa in Adeje I will gie yea a tenner for the week

Sorry to confirm thats euros no pounds

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 13:35

Alas it's not the case, the nonsense continues.:o

Alvy
22-12-2016, 14:59
Cry baby...

Alas it's not the case, the nonsense continues.:o

ah.. you call it a nonsense, when somebody points out your dementedly dumb demands to moderator?

Any chance you'd consider suicide as an early exit option?

essexeddie
22-12-2016, 16:21
Cry baby...

ah.. you call it a nonsense, when somebody points out your dementedly dumb demands to moderator?

Not talking about Eric but a few suicides on here might do us all a favour. Well three anyway.

Alvy
22-12-2016, 21:54
Not talking about Eric but a few suicides on here might do us all a favour. Well three anyway.

Dear... dear, dear, joined drama queen club?

Liftman
22-12-2016, 22:34
I missed Willakawill.

Must adjust my sights.

:gun:

Peanuts
23-12-2016, 09:55

That is typical, your best mate wonders why I do not want to talk to him. Because of friends like you. Eric, you tell him why it is not appropriate to ask people to commit suicide. This is why this forum is going downhill and needs to be shut down.

Eddie, people like you ruin it for everybody else, but then that is what you are after in the first place.

And these are the users who support and think there is nothing wrong with asking people to kill themselves.

glassman (Yesterday), melm (Yesterday), tub (Yesterday)

Ecky Thump
23-12-2016, 10:09

Eddie there is one thing that you have in common with Peanuts 'best friend Alvy', it's the suggestion of suicide, but like your post, it will be a tounge in cheek post.

See Alvy's post below from yesterday .....

ah..

Peanuts
23-12-2016, 10:21
Eddie there is one thing that you have in common with Peanuts 'best friend Alvy', it's the suggestion of suicide, but like your post, it will be a tounge in cheek post.

See Alvy's post below from yesterday .....

ah..

First of all, this shows how you really think. There is nothing "tongue and cheek" asking people to kill themselves. Secondly, this is why I knew your apology was never sincere. Thirdly, I can not talk for Alvy, but we all have our own way to stand up against bullies like you and your mates.

Angusjim
23-12-2016, 10:21
Here's a plan guys why do you not just ignore each other no good is coming out of this post and counter post there is clearly not going to be any apologies from anyone so lets move on. I would think this is potentially putting off any new members joining in and some existing members starting to post again.

Ecky Thump
23-12-2016, 10:26
Here's a plan guys why do you not just ignore each other no good is coming out of this post and counter post there is clearly not going to be any apologies from anyone so lets move on. I would think this is potentially putting off any new members joining in and some existing members starting to post again.

Thanks Jim, I think the points now been made. :)

Peanuts
23-12-2016, 11:14
For me this is no longer banter, we have all lost loved ones or friends who could not cope with what life was throwing at them. I find it disrespectful from Eric and Eddie to ask forum members to commit suicide. Even worse is the back slapping and so called "tongue in cheek" humor. It just does not work for me and it does not have a place in a public Tenerife forum. Eric's insincere apology does not help either.

I have told Eric on many occasions that I will defend and protect myself when I get attacked by him or his mates. They stopped and it worked for a while, but then ever so often they are back with these disrespectful and disgusting remarks. I will report these horrible comments and hopefully the forum owners do something about it, as otherwise this forum is doomed anyway.

Ecky Thump
23-12-2016, 11:37
Peanuts, I refer you to my last post on the Good News thread, maybe it will truly help the situation in hand. Eric.:)

Angusjim
16-02-2017, 07:37
Dug up this old thread which seems very relevant just now. I know posters have been generally thin on the ground but its now got to the stage of almost zero so I think members should either use it or lose it. I along with a few others have tried to stimulate some sort of interest but I fear the end is nigh RIP our Forum:(

supercorny
16-02-2017, 14:59
Oh no. Please don't give up. I really enjoy reading most of those postings. But I never have much to add. So, I think this is also how others may feel. Love to read about our favourite place to be, but don't have own stories or experiences to share 😯

Angusjim
17-02-2017, 07:29
Whar is Mr Thump:dontknow:

macdonald5
17-02-2017, 08:34
Whar is Mr Thump:dontknow:

Was just wondering too ??

bugsy
17-02-2017, 12:11
its going to get quieter when all the english have to return home after brexit yipee

Angusjim
17-02-2017, 12:18
its going to get quieter when all the english have to return home after brexit yipee

First post and you are already trying to make friends thats good welcome to the Forum:hello: there is a brexit thread if want vent your thoughts on Brexit just go to live search box and type in Brexit

bugsy
17-02-2017, 12:21
First post and you are already trying to make friends thats good welcome to the Forum:hello: there is a brexit thread if want vent your thoughts on Brexit just go to live search box and type in Brexit

thanks for advice well done

essexeddie
18-02-2017, 19:24
The slow demise of this forum is the fault of the mods, who let it be highjacked by the three stooges who will remain nameless. I for one rarely visit now as I have picked a couple of Facebook Tenerife forums that are easier to log on to and uploading pictures is a doddle.
I'm sorry to say but this site has lost its appeal for me.

Angusjim
19-02-2017, 07:41
The slow demise of this forum is the fault of the mods, who let it be highjacked by the three stooges who will remain nameless. I for one rarely visit now as I have picked a couple of Facebook Tenerife forums that are easier to log on to and uploading pictures is a doddle.
I'm sorry to say but this site has lost its appeal for me.

There appears to be only one mod now and I think that is part of the issues as for facebook is there any mods ?? hearing some of the things that get said on facebook it appears not, but bear with me I know sod all about it.

blondie
19-02-2017, 14:40
I am on I love Tenerife fb and it is really strict with postings and banter which gets out of hand occasionally .
The guy who oversees things has been likened to the gestapo , such is his input to keeping it on an even keel .
Wish he had been moderating this forum a few months ago , it would still be bustling .

Angusjim
19-02-2017, 15:11
I am on I love Tenerife fb and it is really strict with postings and banter which gets out of hand occasionally .
The guy who oversees things has been likened to the gestapo , such is his input to keeping it on an even keel .
Wish he had been moderating this forum a few months ago , it would still be bustling .

Is that not Andy Ward & Young Golfers advertising Facebook thing where you are only allowed to say good things about the land of milk and honey that is Tenerife:lol:
Sounds like Andy must be the Mod not a man to waste words:whistle:

AndyG
20-02-2017, 09:31
I have enjoyed reading many posts on this forum since I moved to Tenerife. I generally only post if I have something specific to say. I replied to someone asking for information on the carnival and got told off when I was only trying to be helpful. Hopefully the forum will continue and get back to how it was before

supercorny
20-02-2017, 09:38
Why need people to be so hateful and agressive to attack others on the internet they don't know and who never did something bad towards them. I will never understand.

Geordie Maggot
20-02-2017, 10:49
There is no excuse for attacking anyone, especially with cowardice when sat at a PC etc BUT everyone has a different point of view and it's this balanced opinion which is meant to bring out the best in a forum. I haven't been with the forum long but I also have enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences, good or bad, So i will keep coming back and hopefully be posting some interesting blogs.

supercorny
20-02-2017, 15:03
I would like to ask you all for a favor. If I write something wrong or in a way you wouldn't write it, could you please correct me? English is not my first language and I think it's the best way to learn and improve :-)
Thanks

Angusjim
21-02-2017, 14:08
I would like to ask you all for a favor. If I write something wrong or in a way you wouldn't write it, could you please correct me? English is not my first language and I think it's the best way to learn and improve :-)
Thanks

I ken fit ya mean SC nae biddy oan here has a scooby fit I write hawf the time and I am fae Scotland:lol:

Carol55
21-02-2017, 17:34
I ken fit ya mean SC nae biddy oan here has a scooby fit I write hawf the time and I am fae Scotland:lol:

Even your wife doesn't understand you!:lol:

Angusjim
22-02-2017, 07:23
Even your wife doesn't understand you!:lol:

That is very true she does not understand me:crying2:

Tshirt
26-02-2017, 14:46
That is very true she does not understand me:crying2:

If she doesn't understand you the rest of us have no chance [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Angusjim
26-02-2017, 14:49
If she doesn't understand you the rest of us have no chance [emoji4]

You had nae issue understanding me last time we were in Micky's :c2:

Tshirt
26-02-2017, 15:57
You had nae issue understanding me last time we were in Micky's :c2:

I can understand beer in any language.:cheers:

latishaa
02-03-2017, 09:54
Oh! I thought we are talking about fb here.

Tshirt
03-03-2017, 18:34
I'm on 3 or 4 Tenerife FB groups, I don't post unless I've got something useful to say and I'm sure of my facts before doing so. Certainly on ILT Lot's of threads are removed completely because of abuse/sarcasm between posters or the topic throws a negative view of Tenerife etc. One lady was criticised because she posted " Good morning" everyday.

blondie
03-03-2017, 18:37
Yes I remember that post , it really upset that lovely lady . They dont get away with their sarcasm now as the page is well watched over .

Angusjim
19-03-2017, 09:52
I go away for a week and its chaos but lets not stop posting keep the flag flying do not let the Forum die:hello::c2: Ecky Thump your forum needs you

helena246
19-03-2017, 18:47
hi angus jim it is very difficult to get onto Tenerife forum this week what is going on

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 07:16
hi angus jim it is very difficult to get onto Tenerife forum this week what is going on

I not really tech minded but I don't think its working properly :laugh: I am trying to get someone to sort this out but it is proving difficult as there appears to be no moderators anymore and owners are not interested my fear is it may just go off all together I will keep trying to contact someone :(

Ecky Thump
15-05-2017, 11:18
It's not only quiet on the forum, but it would appear that everyone has moved to Siberia....where is every one???

Sundowner
15-05-2017, 12:30
It's not only quiet on the forum, but it would appear that everyone has moved to Siberia....where is every one???

Hi Ecky,

I don't know about everyone else............but I joined Facebook and the " I love Tenerife" group. It reminds me of how this forum used to be and keeps me up to date with all things Tenerife. They have a weekly meet up at 2.00 p.m. every Wednesday at the Head & Tails British pub just up the road from the La Terraza del Mare. Must admit I have not been yet but it's on my to do list.

It has over 26,000 members so lot's of posts.

essexeddie
15-05-2017, 12:33
Perhaps they have flown to greener pastures.

lynno52
15-05-2017, 14:26

I am still here @EckyThump! Just moved and waiting for wi-fi to be set up then will be back on

Angusjim
15-05-2017, 20:01
If it continues this quiet I wonder if peanuts will make an appearance:whistle::laugh:

Ecky Thump
15-05-2017, 20:51
If it continues this quiet I wonder if peanuts will make an appearance:whistle::laugh:

Well it would certainly be entertaining! :cheeky:

ashleybroke
16-05-2017, 13:45
I will thinking same for you

warbey
16-05-2017, 19:09
Don't tempt providence Ecky.

Carol55
16-05-2017, 20:56
Don't tempt providence Ecky.

I've tried tempting him for years!:devil2:

warbey
17-05-2017, 19:46
I've tried tempting him for years!:devil2:

Try a well matured Haggis Carol...........

Carol55
18-05-2017, 10:40
Try a well matured Haggis Carol...........

When I wake up in the morning, I look at Ecky Thump 's face and it reminds me of a Matured Haggis!! :D :hide:

Liftman
18-05-2017, 22:42
When I wake up in the morning, I look at Ecky Thump 's face and it reminds me of a Matured Haggis!! :D :hide:

Now there is a thought that is going to stick with me................

Ecky Thump
18-05-2017, 23:26
Now there is a thought that is going to stick with me................

That's a compliment, Carol used to say that I had a face like a 'Melted Wellington ' :D