PDA

View Full Version : New Car Sales Here on Tenerife

timmylish
23-02-2012, 01:39
I,ve recently noticed signs in car showrooms in the South displaying , what appears to be new cars, a sign 0 Kms. These cars are seperate to others which have the normal pricing and explanations of spec. pricing etc etc. Does anyone know what this sign indicates. After all, new cars should be 0 Kms. anyway! Are they possibly cars which have been ordered and upon delivery the prospectiv epurchaser has had to pull out of the deal due to cash problems or similar. Are they the same price as the normal cars? I,m confused.
I,ve not been able to go into these car showrooms for a variety of different reasons, Saturday afternoons, Sundays etc.

Andy0210
23-02-2012, 01:49
No new cars are 0 kmīs, they are delivery mileage, when i worked in new car sales all the cars were sold with what was known as delivery mileage.

That could vary from approx 9 miles to a few hundred, if the car came from the factory it was normally driven and tested and drove to the parking area which resulted in a few miles, if you bought one that was not in stock but located as new in another dealer it could be brought on a trailer of maybe driven there which would result in a few hundred miles.

To get a new car with 0.0 miles from the dealers is impossible! ;)

timmylish
23-02-2012, 01:56
No new cars are 0 kmīs, they are delivery mileage, when i worked in new car sales all the cars were sold with what was known as delivery mileage.

That could vary from approx 9 miles to a few hundred, if the car came from the factory it was normally driven and tested and drove to the parking area which resulted in a few miles, if you bought one that was not in stock but located as new in another dealer it could be brought on a trailer of maybe driven there which would result in a few hundred miles.

To get a new car with 0.0 miles from the dealers is impossible! ;)

But that,s my point Andy. That is what is being shown on the roof of these cars. Each and every new car which I have ever purchased obviously had delivery mileage and the client was charged for this delivery! So. Not answered my question so I,ll look forward to hearing from someone in the new car industry here on Tenerife.

Andy0210
23-02-2012, 01:59
They probably mean 0.0 kmīs to you. ;)

Vortex Wake
23-02-2012, 09:06
But that,s my point Andy. That is what is being shown on the roof of these cars. Each and every new car which I have ever purchased obviously had delivery mileage and the client was charged for this delivery! So. Not answered my question so I,ll look forward to hearing from someone in the new car industry here on Tenerife.

Its good marketing .................... its got YOU talking about it ;)

Harlequin
24-02-2012, 14:30
Perhaps the roadside sign that said "0 Km" meant that the place of sale was "0 Km" ahead...?