PDA

View Full Version : Internet How do I go about getting internet at home in Tenerife?

woowoo
23-02-2012, 13:01
Hiii ,again..
Just need to know how to go about getting the internet in my appartment?
How much about would I be looking at? How long does it take to be installed or whatever?
I'm useless at figuring all this out!! HELPP!!!

Thanks!!

waveydavey
23-02-2012, 18:04
Phone Direct Telecom in Adeje they will help you.

junglejim
23-02-2012, 22:23
Hiii ,again..
Just need to know how to go about getting the internet in my appartment?
How much about would I be looking at? How long does it take to be installed or whatever?
I'm useless at figuring all this out!! HELPP!!!

Thanks!!
I recently had mine installed via Movistar shop at San Eugenio - take along passport or Certificado de Registrado ( green one) with NIE number- bank account details and the girl sets up your account , she´s very helpfull and speaks excellent English.
1 year contract with free local calls is €34 per month for "up to 10Mb" and a 1 year contract- we´re getting about 5 Mb - installation took just under a week and they phone you to let you know when they are coming .helps if you speak a little Spansih as engineers don´t normally speak English .
Nearly 2 months and no problems so far .

slodgedad
24-02-2012, 02:04
I recently had mine installed via Movistar shop at San Eugenio - take along passport or Certificado de Registrado ( green one) with NIE number- bank account details and the girl sets up your account , she´s very helpfull and speaks excellent English.
1 year contract with free local calls is €34 per month for "up to 10Mb" and a 1 year contract- we´re getting about 5 Mb - installation took just under a week and they phone you to let you know when they are coming .helps if you speak a little Spansih as engineers don´t normally speak English .
Nearly 2 months and no problems so far .

Does that include line rental?

timmylish
24-02-2012, 02:41
We pay 34€ pm all in. with Telefonica. Line rental, ADSL up to 10 mgs. (getting 8 or 9 on average) etc. Free calls to Spanish Land Lines and some mobiles at week ends and holidays. When installed it took 48 hrs. Really no need for Spanish. Guy comes along. Installs router, checks speed and gets a signature. Nothing really to go wrong!

slodgedad
24-02-2012, 02:48

We pay 34€ pm all in. with Telefonica. Line rental, ADSL up to 10 mgs. (getting 8 or 9 on average) etc. Free calls to Spanish Land Lines and some mobiles at week ends and holidays. When installed it took 48 hrs. Really no need for Spanish. Guy comes along. Installs router, checks speed and gets a signature. Nothing really to go wrong!

The reason I asked, Timmy, is that a lot of people have signed up for various deals in the past only to fint that they have the line rental added.

Not everyone asks.

junglejim
24-02-2012, 09:55
Yes Slodgedad - basic adsl is about €19.50 plus line rental about €14.
https://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Bprecios_internet%2Bv_segmento%2BAHOG% 2Bv_idioma%2Bes%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,00.html?uri=/on/io/es/tienda/precios/internet_2.html&v_segmento=AHOG&v_idioma=es

Harlequin
24-02-2012, 14:12
We also provide ADSL & land lines if you haven't already sorted this out. Feel free to get in touch.