PDA

View Full Version : Can I get LPG fuel in south Tenerife?

slummymummy
23-02-2012, 15:28
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if there are any fuel stations on the island (preferably in the south) that sell LPG .
I want to bring my 4x4 over but it runs on LPG and havent noticed anywhere that sells it.
If any one can help I would be greatly appreciated.

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 18:45
i found this thread on the old forum :

http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5173

it says :

right... if that's the stuff in the medium sized blue bottles, you can swap 'em at most reasonably big ferreterias and the BP garage in Las Americas.

To use silver bottles, you will have to get a bulletin from Disa. You have to complete a Solicitud de Alta, which is basically an application. I'm not too sure how you go about this, as my estate agent sorted it all out before I moved in.

Then you call them up on 902 280 282 and they send a bloke round to check that the installation is ok. If he approves it, you get a piece of paper that you can then take to any place which displays a Disa sign (most Cepsa garages) and swaps bottles and they will give you the bottles.

It will probably be a bit difficult for a motorhome... as you have to provide certain documentation with the Alta. This is all listed in Spanish on the Disa website here : http://www.disa-gas.es/envasado/contratacion.asp#alta - but I think it says you need the following (maybe Mike could help out on the translation) :

Photocopy of your identity document (NIE, Residencia or Passport)
Certificate of installation (this is from the people that installed it for you)

Alternatively you could just buy one off someone. This is illegal, however people advertise them for sale all the time. Try the classifieds in El Baul (also in Spanish, but a gas bottle is called a 'Bombona'), or just ask around if anyone's got one for sale.

If it's any use, we used to run our house on the blue bottles before all our paperwork was sorted for the silver ones (it took over a year). We ran our cooking and water off them and only had to change 'em once a week...

bonitatime
25-02-2012, 20:35
You can't get it here

slummymummy
27-02-2012, 12:55
Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated.

nook
27-02-2012, 18:42
you can get a pump to extract gas from a propane bottle,you need the pump,otherwise it will just level itself out,ie 50/ 50 tank and bottle,i have not had much to do with LPG for a few years so not sure where the pumps are stocked but its possible..warning,propane/lpg has crap in it called heavy ends,its like black tar.so make sure the bottle is kept upright because the heavy ends sit at the bottom..if you use this method,check your filters on the gas system more frequently..hope this helps

abrigohombre
20-10-2014, 15:31
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if there are any fuel stations on the island (preferably in the south) that sell LPG .
I want to bring my 4x4 over but it runs on LPG and havent noticed anywhere that sells it.

only one in santa cruz,nov or dec 2014 disa say it will be avalible in las chaffiras. no papaerwork needed to refuel. i have bought a euronozzle from uk but it
doesnt work in tenerife diameter to small. be careful if DISA SANTA CRUZ recommends a firm in SAN ISIDRO for nozzels they dont supply them,quote 300euros to convert.
i can recommend www.sologascanaries******.com. converted my uk nozzle to take one of theirs 70 euros and can be used if ever i go back to uk

Ecky Thump
20-10-2014, 21:17
Try contacting forum member tonypub he is the resident gas bottle expert.;)

Pablo_H
27-03-2015, 11:46

Yes you now can get it in Chaferas just off the TF1 but you need an adapter to fill now i have a spare if needed
Have you managed to get it on Spanish plates with the Gas.?
I have been told the gas tank may have to come out by an engineer
HELP

norte
28-03-2015, 11:12
http://autogasexpress.com/ aparently you can get it here))

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes you now can get it in Chaferas just off the TF1 but you need an adapter to fill now i have a spare if needed
Have you managed to get it on Spanish plates with the Gas.?
I have been told the gas tank may have to come out by an engineer
HELP

i can imagine what a big PIA will be to pass it through itv... these guys in itv are just mad, complete idiots.

babybadger
10-04-2015, 15:40
only one in santa cruz,nov or dec 2014 disa say it will be avalible in las chaffiras. no papaerwork needed to refuel. i have bought a euronozzle from uk but it
doesnt work in tenerife diameter to small. be careful if DISA SANTA CRUZ recommends a firm in SAN ISIDRO for nozzels they dont supply them,quote 300euros to convert.
i can recommend www.sologascanaries******.com. converted my uk nozzle to take one of theirs 70 euros and can be used if ever i go back to uk

So does anyone know where the one in Santa Cruz is?

Pablo_H
10-04-2015, 18:17
So does anyone know where the one in Santa Cruz is?
Hi look i have a spare one and my car i can't use at the moment. Have you got the UK Fitting at he moment? as my one screws in and seals good and fills no problem
how about you giving me a Facebook and we could meet up at Las Chaferas and see if we can at least fill your tank
My Facebook is Paul Halkyard and i will be the one with the Bagpipes
Hope i can help

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Oh Just to say if you are going to France i have the French adapter also
Many thanks
Paul