PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone recommend a hotel in south Tenerife where the food is good?

kevg487
23-02-2012, 18:06
Im looking to book up for August and have been looking at self catering as the last couple of years the food in hotels haven't been great. I am now thinking about half board again as the hotels are of much higher standard than those doing sc.

If anyone could recommend any hotels in las americas/costa adeje where they have experience high levels of food then this would be muchly appreciated ( reasonably priced as well :) )

cheers, Kev

jogger321
23-02-2012, 18:17
Bitacora, Vulcan, Arona Gran, Conquisador

I have stayed in the first 3 and highly recommend the food. The last one a friend has just come back from and she said the food was great there too

Vortex Wake
23-02-2012, 18:56
Bitacora, Vulcan, Arona Gran, Conquisador

I have stayed in the first 3 and highly recommend the food. The last one a friend has just come back from and she said the food was great there too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVV9HrssEU0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Yes the food in the Bitacora as fab :)

checkout (and book) at the Bitacora / Vulcano / Arona Gran owners website www.springhoteles.com

A quick video I did along time ago.

Do READ the text that I wrote in YouTube as the video shows breakfast time at 7 am so its empty

warbey
23-02-2012, 21:39
I can vouch for the Vulcano, but remember Its in a Spanish Place with different tastes to allow for.
Most have suitable Food for English Tastes but must Cater for Multinational Guests.

I know of an Hotel not too far away with Low Food Scores on the Net.
I and My Family find it first Class. Tastes differ.

kathml
23-02-2012, 22:34
I cringe every time I see a hotel buffet nothing worse for passing around germs

Added after 2 minutes:

Hotel buffets are the ideal way of spreading food poisoning in my opinion

Nic
23-02-2012, 22:39
As I worked as health, safety and quality for the major tour operator then I know the standard of food in most hotels. Like others have said, the food in Spring Hoteles are some of the best. The restaurant serves a buffet for breakfast you can have a cooked English breakfast, fruits, cereals, lots of different types of food, hams, cheeses, jams, fruit juices, coffee and lunch and dinner are similar.....salad buffet with about 10 different salad dishes then about 10 different hot dishes, vegetables and in Spring there is also show cooking where you can choose the dish of the day (steaks, fish etc) and watch them cook it to your requirement. You really can't go wrong with their menus. The food in some of the other four star hotels isn't as good, for example Oasis Golf is four star and the food is pretty poor, about four salad dishes (lettuce, cucumber, tomato and cold rice!) and then four hot dishes so not the best in the world. Tell us which hotels you're interested in and I'll tell you what the food is like. I have inspected the majority of hotels in the First Choice and Thomson brochures.....yum, yum, yum, a tough job lol.

Harlequin
24-02-2012, 14:20
I was just recommending Marylanza to a friend as my partner works there and even the staff eat the food provided so it can't be all that bad...

Bonnie1964
24-02-2012, 14:27
Going back to H10 Las Palmeras in June for the 3rd time......food was great plenty choice to suit everyone:c2:

kevg487
24-02-2012, 18:07
Cheers for heads up Nic :)

We have just booked 2 weeks in the Vulcano :D can't wait

AL JAY
24-02-2012, 18:55
The Vulcano is in a superb location adjacent to the Safari centre and you can stroll either to Los Cristianos or Puerto Colon all on the flat.

warbey
24-02-2012, 20:51
[QUOTE=AL JAY;147675]The Vulcano is in a superb location adjacent to the Safari centre and you can stroll either to Los Cristianos or Puerto Colon all on the flat.[/QUOTE

TITSA Bus stop just around the Corner too!]

tonypub
24-02-2012, 20:56
http://tenerifedogs.blogspot.com/2009/07/poochies-pet-hotel.html:devil2:

Sunlover
24-02-2012, 22:54
Isabel Family, Costa Adeje, aparthotel so kitchens in all rooms and all boards offered. Good food good all round hotel and very reasonable on price. can recommend. :)