PDA

View Full Version : Television Anyone else having trouble with VPN TV connection in Tenerife?

Fred Perry
10-06-2011, 21:02
Is anyone else unable to connect to the VPN Uk tv over the last 2 days?
I put the code in to connect and it does not accept it.

Any clues?

Thanks

tracey
10-06-2011, 21:52
?? sounds like an STD lol

Fred Perry
10-06-2011, 22:13
Come on anyone! If I canīt get connected I will have to watch a video of "Carry on up the Kyber" for the 135th time!

TheBloke
10-06-2011, 22:19
Ours is not working either...feel any better.

She who must be obeyed is trying to sort it out.

Jackie
10-06-2011, 22:20
You can always watch TV at www.myiplayer.com. Saves my life when the storms knock the signal out

Fred Perry
10-06-2011, 22:21
Ours is not working either...feel any better.

She who must be obeyed is trying to sort it out.

Okay, thanks. Carry On it is then! Yak Yak yak

KirstyJay
10-06-2011, 22:21
If you had read the Blog that is linked to in your signup email as I have just done, you would have read the following :

Server Arrangements

June 10th, 2011
By Jared
Write comment

Hi Folks,

Would those folks assigned to the Intranet Series please send your current account information email here:

You will need to send us in the following information to the link provided below:
Your Order # is:
Your User Name is:
Your Password is:
Account Expires on:
Assigned Country:

https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Due to a hardware failure again on the main nodes, we’re moving you folks over to a different series where we won’t see these issues again. I know its a pain in the ass, as it is for us as well, but hardware, even the best stuff money can buy, can and will go down unexpectantly. But we have backup servers online and ready in cases just like this. So the faster you send in the required information the faster we can get you assigned to another server and on your way. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

First thing you should do if it goes down is check to see if there is an announcement on the Blog. If so, follow the instructions, and if not... contact support.

http://www.jareds-blog.com/

I have asked to be emailed if anything happens in future, as I can post it here too... however if you go and read the blog, maybe you can post it here too.

timmylish
10-06-2011, 23:14
I just cannot believe how so many of you continue with this VPN server. Every month I read on here of one problem after another or maintainence work being needed and system down etc etc.
In now 3 years with my VPN provider I have lost service on two occasions, one for 5 hours or so and one overnight (so no real loss). All the fancy names, blogs etc etc. No bleedin' use to anyone. What is needed is service and you 'aint getting it!

KirstyJay
10-06-2011, 23:16
Who is your provider, Timmy?

timmylish
11-06-2011, 00:21
KirstyJay. I think you asked me this before but no probs;-
http://vpnuk.net/
I know that you were very supportive of your one when the chap first introduced himself to you however I remain of the view that what he provides is over complicated fro most users. With mine, they will auto install if you want or guide you thru' the installation. Never any probs with it. A few others on here (or last Forum) are with my provider I have had no bad responses whatever.

KirstyJay
11-06-2011, 01:56
KirstyJay. I think you asked me this before but no probs;-
http://vpnuk.net/
I know that you were very supportive of your one when the chap first introduced himself to you however I remain of the view that what he provides is over complicated fro most users. With mine, they will auto install if you want or guide you thru' the installation. Never any probs with it. A few others on here (or last Forum) are with my provider I have had no bad responses whatever.I don't make money out of this. The money taken has a small increase to cover paypal charges but that's about it. So if you you have a better option, then that can be covered instead. All that I care about is that members are catered for.

timmylish
11-06-2011, 02:02
I don't make money out of this. The money taken has a small increase to cover paypal charges but that's about it. So if you you have a better option, then that can be covered instead. All that I care about is that members are catered for.

KirstyJay. I made no suggestion that any money had been made by you or anyone else, as witnessed by all my postings over the last year on this subject matter. I have repeatedly indicated my provider, whenever called upon to do so.

KirstyJay
11-06-2011, 02:13
KirstyJay. I made no suggestion that any money had been made by you or anyone else, as witnessed by all my postings over the last year on this subject matter. I have repeatedly indicated my provider, whenever called upon to do so.Which is why I asked for you provider, as I will contact them. The old information you posted is on the old forum ;)

Fred Perry
11-06-2011, 12:13
If you had read the Blog that is linked to in your signup email as I have just done, you would have read the following :

First thing you should do if it goes down is check to see if there is an announcement on the Blog. If so, follow the instructions, and if not... contact support.

http://www.jareds-blog.com/

I have asked to be emailed if anything happens in future, as I can post it here too... however if you go and read the blog, maybe you can post it here too.

Okay, thanks I have sent off an e-mail to them with my details. I checked through my "Spam" folder and there are just e-mails about penis enlargement, nothing from them.
Thanks to Jackie. It worked for a while but started to stick later.

timmylish
11-06-2011, 13:12
Okay, thanks I have sent off an e-mail to them with my details. I checked through my "Spam" folder and there are just e-mails about penis enlargement, nothing from them.
Thanks to Jackie. It worked for a while but started to stick later.

FredPerry.
As I,ve said to KirstyJay the regularity of problems with your VPN is ludicrous. Speak to mine, simples. Most impostantly its so easy to use, cane be manually d/l or auto for people with computer problems. Works as low as 1 mgs (maybe less but with the usual buffering if so low) cheap etc etc

redarrow
11-06-2011, 13:20
Sorry I emailed you Kirsty, I contacted them in the first instance, but that's what they told me to do. I've seen the blog now, but originally I'd contacted them before the server went down because of the bandwidth loss. Could have been the start of it going pear shaped I suppose.

People could always load expat shield as a back up.

Suzanne
11-06-2011, 18:24
Is anyone else unable to connect to the VPN Uk tv over the last 2 days?
I put the code in to connect and it does not accept it.

Any clues?

Thanks

mine is working ok. but an alternative site is tvpc.com
good luck

timmylish
12-06-2011, 01:14
mine is working ok. but an alternative site is tvpc.com
good luck

Why. You are paying for a service which you are clearly not getting?