PDA

View Full Version : More car parking in Los Cristianos, South Tenerife

Canarian Weekly
24-02-2012, 13:10
The initiative aims to respond to the demands of businesses and residents within the area. The Mayor and Councillor of Public Safety of Arona, Jose Alberto Gonzalez Reveron and Manuel Reveron, respectively, recently visited the areas in Los Cristianos, where the Council has created 190 new parking spaces. Both councillors stressed that this action, has [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/car-parking-los-cristianos/)

YOUNG GOLFER
25-02-2012, 23:08
About time could do with alot more though not just there but Torviscas could do with a few.

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 23:09
anywhere near the coast could do with a few! have you been down playa san juan and puerto sanitago recently?

golf birdie
26-02-2012, 10:16
whilst I'm all in favor of more parking some of the new spaces will cause more problems than they solve. When leaving the island towards Dinastia if you exit in the right hand lane you have to stop after 10 yards to filter into the one lane. Also on the other side traffic is backing up as there is now only one lane most of the way to the island. Why did they need to put parking so close to the island??

sunseeker
26-02-2012, 10:30
Why did they need to put parking so close to the island??
why do they put parking next to zebra crossings? its one of the the unanswered misteries of the universe ;)

Loaded
02-03-2012, 11:04
It has dramatically slowed down traffic in Los cristianos . Personally i always use the underground for short stays and even a Few hours parking is not that expensive.

There's now a
Long queue in the lane opposite Apollo centre heading to roundabout which is pretty painful.

SeanC
02-03-2012, 18:21
why do they put parking next to zebra crossings? its one of the the unanswered misteries of the universe ;)

+1 The danger to both pedestrians crossing & motorists it increased considerably by it IMO

It has dramatically slowed down traffic in Los cristianos . Personally i always use the underground for short stays and even a Few hours parking is not that expensive.

There's now a
Long queue in the lane opposite Apollo centre heading to roundabout which is pretty painful.

+1 again.

The amount of on-street parking on the island has amazed me from day one. Bumper to flippin' bumper :redcard:

Now if there was half-decent, flexible public transport service in the south of the island as a viable alternative, it might be a start. But no, they've gone for the quick-fix, cheap option. Short-sighted beyond belief....

Loaded
07-03-2012, 19:37
200 spaces is not even a big increase

And aren't they building a park between ofipapel and Harrys cafe? So that's a load of car parking spaces gone anyway. Cancelling out the 200 new ones