PDA

View Full Version : Are wheelchairs available at Tenerife south airport?

jewels
10-06-2011, 21:13
Please does anyone know if we can borrow a wheelchair at TFS to use from the car and leave it at the boarding gate.Can get on and off the plane ok.Just difficulties standing waiting and walking for any distance.Thanks.

tracey
10-06-2011, 21:49
Yes. All airports now have this facility. If you have someone with you ask them to go into the terminal for one. If not then phone in advance and have one brought to you. Any problems mention the Disability Discrimination Act. Failing all that give me a call and I will sort it out for you. Phone number on the website at the bottom of this message.

Hope you have a smooth journey

jewels
10-06-2011, 22:56
[QUOTE=tracey;12055]Yes. All airports now have this facility. If you have someone with you ask them to go into the terminal for one. If not then phone in advance and have one brought to you. Any problems mention the Disability Discrimination Act. Failing all that give me a call and I will sort it out for you. Phone number on the website at the bottom of this message.

Thanks Tracey,might have a ride up tomorrow and sus it out.

Megaloo
10-06-2011, 23:01
i always have wheelchair assistance for my Husband but usually arrange this with the Airline.

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 11:29
The system at Tenerife south for wheelchair use imo is second to none .But as said i too would pre arrange this ,as you will need to make pick up arrangements from with in departures and then take it back to the car for the user .Once inside and booking in request help into the Departure lounge .They will take you through to a desk where they will tag the chair and arrange a meeting point for them to take you through to the planes entrance doors .You may feel of course you dont require any help but they take you through a seperate security control area (all that are in your party too ) which gets you through a hell of a lot quicker than through the main check area .
!0/15 mins from landing in the Uk advise one of the cabin crew you will need the use and help of a wheelchair they will organise this as you land so one is ready and waiting .I hope this helps and please get the help its so much easier

jewels
11-06-2011, 12:41
The system at Tenerife south for wheelchair use imo is second to none .But as said i too would pre arrange this ,as you will need to make pick up arrangements from with in departures and then take it back to the car for the user .Once inside and booking in request help into the Departure lounge .They will take you through to a desk where they will tag the chair and arrange a meeting point for them to take you through to the planes entrance doors .You may feel of course you dont require any help but they take you through a seperate security control area (all that are in your party too ) which gets you through a hell of a lot quicker than through the main check area .
!0/15 mins from landing in the Uk advise one of the cabin crew you will need the use and help of a wheelchair they will organise this as you land so one is ready and waiting .I hope this helps and please get the help its so much easier

Thanks for all the advise I'm going to the airport later to make the arrangements.

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 13:15
Thats great Jewels ,its just sometimes we are all so reluctant to ask for help ............its there for the use of ,so take whats on offer .Have a great trip

with cheese
11-06-2011, 13:19
Onleg if I was with you mate I would give you a piggy back, even to the airport. Well not at the moment with me knackered knee, but normally.

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 14:05
Onleg if I was with you mate I would give you a piggy back, even to the airport. Well not at the moment with me knackered knee, but normally.

And i would let you .......................for a price !!!!