PDA

View Full Version : Other Tenerife Postal Service Or Fedex?

Velocette
24-02-2012, 19:55
Ten days ago I sent a letter from the airport post office (thinking it has to be quicker and safer as they go directly onto the plane?) I asked for express delivery and paid about 4 Euro, however, it took ten days to reach the Uk.

I need to send another letter, urgently, and thought perhaps Fedex might be quicker, but I hear that there not that good either, and that their office may be in the north of the island, and I'm in golf de Sur.

So I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience or advice as to what to do?

AL JAY
24-02-2012, 20:10
I suppose you could ask a kind forum member that is on holiday at the moment to post it for you when they arrive back in the UK.

slodgedad
25-02-2012, 01:10
That's unusual if you sent it from the Airport post office.

I sent some documents, express, to my pension provider last month and had an Email response the next day.

obs
25-02-2012, 11:13
We find posting from here (Valle) post office, mail usually arrives in the UK within 3 - 4 days, normal post.

willowlily
25-02-2012, 12:02
i have had good results both receiving and sending letters / packages through the normal postal services.
even if you posted a letter at heathrow or any other airport in the uk they are automatically sent to a central depot to be processed " unless they are accompanied by a boarding pass " sorry just joking its my warped sense of humour

Velocette
25-02-2012, 14:22
Possibly my mistake slodgedad, a Spanish friend checked my reciept and told me that it didn't go express, merely recorded, to help me she has written down the words, Envio, Urgente, Certifcado. However, the airport post office is not open on Saturday.

She also recommends using MRW in Las Americas, near the Columbus hotel, it's the Spanish version of Telex.

I'm very surprised at the speed of the letter that you sent, hopefully I'll get the same service when I go on Monday! . . .either way thanks for tip.

golf birdie
25-02-2012, 14:29
express or normal makes no difference. I have sent 100's of items from here to the UK by both methods. I wised up a few years back and sent 4 packets at the same time, 2 express and 2 normal. They all got to the UK on the same day:lol: Ever since I just sent by normal post, some get there in two days some take a week. Save your cash and post normal.

Velocette
25-02-2012, 15:55
That is depressing news, I can only hope that since the time that you tested the mail service, that the express is in fact now express, and it's not pot luck!

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 16:59
i find its quocker using the town post offices like los cris rather than the airport one. dont know why. ???

golf birdie
27-02-2012, 16:03
That is depressing news, I can only hope that since the time that you tested the mail service, that the express is in fact now express, and it's not pot luck!

its not and it is;) I sent something for someone a few weeks back, they wanted it express, took 7 days.

gazza
27-02-2012, 16:39
I have always had good service from Los Abrigos post office, usually 3-5 days and only ever post normal

aeroeng
28-02-2012, 23:31
I have always used the airport post office, posted Tuesday arrived Thursday just ask for normal think it's the best service here.