PDA

View Full Version : Bars Route 66, Puerto Santiago, Tenerife

christa
24-02-2012, 21:45
Made a very brief visit to Tenerife recently to visit family, and stayed in Puerto Santiago. What a great bar Route 66 is! Staff great, very friendly. Resident band Sun - Thurs was Old dogs new tricks, fantastic - could not have been better entertained anywhere else. Also excellent was Travelling Blues band ( might have got the name wrong, sure someone will correct me) who are on in the same bar Friday and Saturday. Think this bar is well known to expats in the area as it was full both nights we visited and the atmosphere was great.
We sure will pay this bar a visit next time we are over. Thankyou to everyone who performs/works at route 66, you made our mini break that extra bit special.

dokgolf
24-02-2012, 22:11
Great bands. Unfortunately, I had a run in with a member of the bar staff. Was walking by and had to bring my little boy to the toilet. Helpful barman told me I could buy a drink if I wanted to use the WC. This, after me spending a couple of hours most afternoons in the place. Gave him an earful. Pity, I wasn't more aware of the law at the time. Anyway, don't let my bad experience spoil things. They always have excellent bands just a pity their staff wasn't as talented.

Zara
25-02-2012, 12:30
I love this bar, and the entertainment. As many know I am friends with Traveller Blues Band and have been friends with Bob, Jill and Gra from Old Dogs for many years. The following is a message that Bob placed on Facebook a while ago. I donīt know if it is appropriate to copy it here, so if not I will not be offended if the powers that be remove it. But in the interests of both businesses and holidaymakers to this area of the island, here goes.......

Bob Kerr
Special Appeal

We need your help. As most of you know we and the other bands that play at Route 66 are receiving constant harassment from the Community President of San Sofeī which is located opposite the bar. It is his intention to have all live music in the area of Puerto Santiago stopped. This, of course, would not only mean the closure of several bars, but also restaurants and shops as well. Los Gigantes has died due to similar problems. Are you going to let the same happen to Puerto Santiago? Help us to continue entertaining you on your holidays or nights out by making your feelings known to the Council.

Vanessa Sanchez Leon – Councilor for Tourism

Stephen Gerald – Councilor

Please forward this to anyone you know who has an interest in keeping entertainment alive in Puerto Santiago. Help us help you.

Old Dogs will be playing in the Plaza from 5.00pm on 5th March, Los Gigantes Carnival.

polremy
25-02-2012, 16:56
Is that the Plaza at Los Gigantes or in Puerto Santiago, por favor?
I ask because we'll be in Puerto on that night.

dokgolf
25-02-2012, 17:46
Its almost directly opposite the Barcelo Santiago

Zara
25-02-2012, 17:57
Old Dogs are playing in Los Gigantes Plaza on 5th March, the rest of the time are at Route 66 Sun - Thurs.

christa
17-03-2012, 20:40
I love this bar, and the entertainment. As many know I am friends with Traveller Blues Band and have been friends with Bob, Jill and Gra from Old Dogs for many years. The following is a message that Bob placed on Facebook a while ago. I donīt know if it is appropriate to copy it here, so if not I will not be offended if the powers that be remove it. But in the interests of both businesses and holidaymakers to this area of the island, here goes.......

Bob Kerr
Special Appeal

We need your help. As most of you know we and the other bands that play at Route 66 are receiving constant harassment from the Community President of San Sofeī which is located opposite the bar. It is his intention to have all live music in the area of Puerto Santiago stopped. This, of course, would not only mean the closure of several bars, but also restaurants and shops as well. Los Gigantes has died due to similar problems. Are you going to let the same happen to Puerto Santiago? Help us to continue entertaining you on your holidays or nights out by making your feelings known to the Council.

Vanessa Sanchez Leon – Councilor for Tourism

Stephen Gerald – Councilor

Please forward this to anyone you know who has an interest in keeping entertainment alive in Puerto Santiago. Help us help you.

Old Dogs will be playing in the Plaza from 5.00pm on 5th March, Los Gigantes Carnival.

I will be happy to contact these people and express my feelings, could you please PM me email addresses please.