PDA

View Full Version : Spanish gov industrial website states that oil will be searched for in the Canaries

bonitatime
25-02-2012, 12:44
http://www.diariodeavisos.com/2012/02/25/actualidad/la-web-del-ministerio-de-industria-ya-da-por-autorizadas-las-prospecciones-petroliferas-en-canarias/

DIARIO DE AVISOS | SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE

The website for the Ministry of Industry, energy and Tourism now seem clear that the oil prospecting in the Canaries will be authorised as is given in the below map.. Their web in the section that belongs to the secretary of energy run by Fernando Marti Scharfhausen, has the plans for prospectations for oil that have been autorised and on there are the positions Canaries 1 to 9 so they seem to have been authorised

The minsiter of industry, though, hasn't yet authorised the test zones and the time for objection is still in place until next week. "This sort of mistake should be corrected immediately, because they can lead to bad feeling. Above all because there have been serious questions about the way the permissions were given, betweeen Fernando Marti Scharfhausen, the secretary state for energy and the multination business Repsol who have been granted the permissions.

President of the island government of Fuerteventura, Mario Cabrera reminded that “its surprising that the new minister of energy was a manager in the Repsol offices in Latin America”.

“If we add to that the hurry that the minister has had to autorize the permissions before the new laws come into effect in Europe, in 2013, which are much more restrictive. We have serious questions about the whole process and would reccomend that the authorizations are annuled".

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 17:08
thayve raped the rest of the world of oil so now theyre coming here. on the plus side they may create some jobs. :(

Ecky Thump
25-02-2012, 17:58
thayve raped the rest of the world of oil so now theyre coming here. on the plus side they may create some jobs. :(

I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the oil companies to take any action as I can remember as far back as 2002, when their were licences granted for oil exploration in the Canary, its a case of they know that the oil is there, but is it worth the millions of euros to get at it and the oil rights that have been argued over between Morocco and the Spanish government.
Off the West Coast of Scotland and many other parts of the world they know there are massive oil reserves, but at the moment it is just not financially viable to drill for it.

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 18:01
so when theres less and its worth more theyll change there minds.

Ecky Thump
25-02-2012, 18:08
so when theres less and its worth more theyll change there minds.

I think that's about right, the world will watch the Middle East tear its self apart and then maybe it will be worth while for the countries with small reserves to take some action on drilling for the Black Gold.

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 18:20
maybe they should start funding solar power insted, especially in places like tenerife!!! or would that be to sensible. ???