PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to use buses in Tenerife?

RETEPYELKNIRB
25-02-2012, 14:51
Hello all,first time user apologies for any mistakes or bad etiquette. Could anyone advise on most economic way to use buses on Tenerife ? Any tips would be appreciated.

AL JAY
25-02-2012, 14:59
Welcome to the forum Peter, The most economic way is to buy a Bono bus ticket, they are available at the airport or you can buy them at variety of shops in the resorts.

sunseeker
25-02-2012, 17:04
bonos are 12€ or 30€. you are better getting the 12€ ones. get 2 rather than a 30€ one because you will get a reduction off your fair even if you only pay for a bit of it with the bono. ;)

chips
25-02-2012, 20:01
Hi Peter welcome ,we always get bonos when we are in tenerefe the 12euro one ,simple and easy to use and you can get a bus to anywhere .enjoy Chips.

polremy
25-02-2012, 20:20
I always enjoy chips!!:laugh:

Jaccie
25-02-2012, 23:25
We have used the Bono card for a few years now and find it very useful. We were advised that they are only valid for 12 months, but we had one with 4euro left on and when we went to buy a new one they transferred the 4 euro onto the new card as well -you dont get that in england, you would be told its tough ,or someting similar.

bonitatime
26-02-2012, 14:20
Careful with this as in every bus it says that bonos which are out of date will not be renewed. Glad you was though

Jaccie
26-02-2012, 17:18
Thanks Bonitatime, yes it does indeed state that the card will not be renewed once out of date, I think we just caught the lady on a particularly good day, especially as we didnt ask her to do it, she just did. Not often you get something unexpected is it. Most of the people we meet are very very nice and certainly very obliging.

soarey
26-02-2012, 17:23
Get on one :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

junglejim
26-02-2012, 19:00
Hello all,first time user apologies for any mistakes or bad etiquette. Could anyone advise on most economic way to use buses on Tenerife ? Any tips would be appreciated.
Welcome to Forum- there is another thread on TITSA here as well.
All routes are here
WWW.Titsa.com
Also has a facebook page where you can ask questions in English and usually get a reply by next day.

RETEPYELKNIRB
04-04-2012, 16:23
Thankyou to all who replied.Apologies for late acknowledgements.new to this Forum.Retepyelknirb.

macdonald5
04-04-2012, 16:32
Careful with this as in every bus it says that bonos which are out of date will not be renewed. Glad you was though

We were told that out of date Bono can be transferred to new Bono at bus station A friend actually done that after expiry
Agree the Bono card is great saving if you use buses a bit

Saniya
03-07-2012, 06:15
Travelling on the buses of Tenerife is the cheapest and best way to see the island. With this fantastic discount it means you can actually travel right around the whole island of Tenerife by bus.

Rickiebear
03-07-2012, 06:50
Hi, although out of date cards cannot be accepted on buses, we have also had one reactivated at the bus station.

We have also benefited from free return fares, within an hour of the first. Great for shopping trips.

Skeggy
03-07-2012, 07:20
Hi, although out of date cards cannot be accepted on buses, we have also had one reactivated at the bus station.

We have also benefited from free return fares, within an hour of the first. Great for shopping trips.

Hard to work out how they do that, I think it is the time span, it also works when changing from one bus to another, I don't know if that is only in particular tourist area routes. Although that said I suppose thet are all tourist routes.

Jaccie
03-07-2012, 10:30
Didnt know this, will have to have a go and see how it works in August.

Leam_Lin
03-07-2012, 11:25
We cannot work out the time delay in catching the return bus.

We go from San Eugenio shopping centre To Los Cris bus station & it cost 1.10 euro each with a bono card, we returned within 2 hours, put the ticket in machine & it just came up 000.

Not bad return journey 1.10 euros each.

This was in June this year.

junglejim
03-07-2012, 11:38
If you look in this link below and click on the red section on part 3 it will give you a pdf table of which services and how long you have for a free transfer or return - from 45 minutes to 2 hrs dependent on route .
http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=articulosseccion&IdSeccion=53

ribuck
03-07-2012, 12:44
If you look in this link below and click on the red section on part 3 it will give you a pdf table of which services and how long you have for a free transfer or return
Thanks for that, junglejim! I have never known what the time limits were. I just treat it like a lucky dip: I look at what gets printed on the back of my Bono ticket, and if it says €0.00 then I do a happy dance.

But the TITSA website does say this: "El usuario no tiene derecho a trasbordo en trayectos de ida y vuelta dentro de la misma línea" which I think means that you're not entitled to a free transfer to your return journey. Whether you get the free return trip or not might depend on whether you're returning on the exact same route number.