PDA

View Full Version : Installation of satellite dish for channels from other countries apart from UK/Spain

RN13
26-02-2012, 00:12
Hi. Is it 'usually' possile to instal a satellite dish to view channels other than Spanish/English in the Canaries/Tenerife? What is reception like? Thanks for any feedback. Would need French channels in particular.

sunseeker
26-02-2012, 10:33
why do you need a box? you can get vpns for any country and watch tv on your lappy.

Hey Jude
26-02-2012, 18:23
We use a dish and receiver to get german TV on Astra. Super ! No problems at all and has been ok for years.

RN13
26-02-2012, 20:15
In Cyprus I got French channels via Hotbird with no problem. Hopefully likewise in Canaries.

beekay
26-02-2012, 21:42
A decent satellite receiver and dish will pick up German, French and other "foreign" channels. Need to have the dish pointing to !9.2deg east or 13 deg east or both with two LNB's. Better still, get a motoried dish as I have in the UK and you can pick up umteen satellites with a multitude of channels. I can pick up German, French, Spanish, even Canarian channels as well as English. I have a Spiderbox 9000HD, but there are many good STB's that will do the same job.

BeeKay