PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Puerto de la Cruz carnival?

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 16:28
anyone else been to carnival in puerto, first time i have had chance to go, was working other years, but what a fantastic week it has been,i have found it refreshing to see such a fantastic party with youg , old & families, partying the night away for days on end with no sign of trouble just everyone having a ball, would definately recomend it for everyone to put on there to do list for next year:wow:

melm
26-02-2012, 18:32
We have been to the carnival in Puerto several times over the past years. as you say it is a wonderful experience...only sorry to be missing all the fun this year. Fingers crossed maybe make it next year.

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 18:47
hope you make it next time, was bigger than ever this year, went to the burial of the sardine, the drag queen race & the carnival it's self, all fantastic, but especially enjoyed the drag queen nite, fantastic x

Rickiebear
26-02-2012, 18:53
Hi, we have been other years, and always had a great time. I also remember the summer carnival as a child in the 70s.

Megaloo
26-02-2012, 19:06
We have been quite a few years, but unfortunately find it a lot more difficult to stand around for so many hours, I was disappointed as i tried to tune into television to watch it but somehow we could not get it we had no signal. must get it sorted.

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 19:20
not sure if they showed the puerto carnival, i think it was only the santa cruz one, it is a long time waiting but if you can get a seat at a cafe or bar, & they have seats along the route, it's not too bad, but it was a long carnival we watched from 4pm until 7.30 pm & still not finished, but it was a great day x

kingbaker
26-02-2012, 19:21
:hello:
anyone else been to carnival in puerto, first time i have had chance to go, was working other years, but what a fantastic week it has been,i have found it refreshing to see such a fantastic party with youg , old & families, partying the night away for days on end with no sign of trouble just everyone having a ball, would definately recomend it for everyone to put on there to do list for next year:wow:

Which of these categories describes you Tracy hampshire?:hello:

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 19:27
[QUOTE=kingbaker;148355]:hello:

Which of these categories describes you Tracy hampshire?:hello:[/QUOTE mid 40's, not married no kids & enjoying life, so you could say 40's but thinks she's twenty lol

kingbaker
26-02-2012, 19:32
[QUOTE=kingbaker;148355]:hello:

Which of these categories describes you Tracy hampshire?:hello:[/QUOTE mid 40's, not married no kids & enjoying life, so you could say 40's but thinks she's twenty lol

Delighted!!! So mid forties---and women usually deduct about 15 years ....so you're about 55 Yeah?or maybe more?:crylaughing:

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 19:45
15th of feb 1965, none added or taken away but still, feel like a teenager, although can't handle the hangovers like i used to, hence the early night after carnival, 2 late nights previous, after 4am too late for me x

kingbaker
26-02-2012, 19:49
15th of feb 1965, none added or taken away but still, feel like a teenager, although can't handle the hangovers like i used to, hence the early night after carnival, 2 late nights previous, after 4am too late for me x

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't manage to be out later than 5 nights in a row myself!!:lol:

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 20:35
5 nights, can't manage that, but then i do seem to get carried away , when i party i make a good job of it. oh normally has to help me home x

kingbaker
26-02-2012, 20:37
5 nights, can't manage that, but then i do seem to get carried away , when i party i make a good job of it. oh normally has to help me home x

In a wheelbarrow?

canarybird
26-02-2012, 20:49
Today I've just spent the second Sunday down at Plaza del Charco mingling with the crowds, taking photos and eating paella at one of the churinguitos.

Have seen the parade many times in the 29 years I've lived in Puerto de la Cruz so I don't stand around watching that any more but like the ambience in the street during carnival time.

Canarybird

tracy hampshire
26-02-2012, 20:50
bet he ishes he had one lol, when i party , i tend to opt for the unconciuos state by the end of the night, one minute i'm ok then wham bam, i'm gone lol