PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Peking Garden, Costa del Silencio, Tenerife

slodgedad
10-06-2011, 21:31
Have you visited this restaurant. How was it?

How was the service, what was the food like?

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

Nic
13-06-2011, 21:37
Have to say this is a very average Chinese restaurant. We went at lunchtime when there was only one other table being catered for with two people at it. There were only four of us. We ordered the special banquet. I felt the food was very gloopy! I had chicken and sweetcorn soup to start and it had congeeled MSG in it, it wasn't pleasant, obviously not heated enough to melt the gelatine, prawn crackers were stale and the sauces for the duck and spring rolls were like the soup, a bit gloopy. The service was horrendous, it took us three hours to be served the meal, there was soup, spring rolls and ribs, duck and then the main courses, we didn't even bother with coffee we'd been there so long. Not somewhere I'd recommend or go back to.

atlantico
14-06-2011, 00:17
so, which Chinese is this ? I don't look at the name above the door ! It sounds like the one at lower end of Trebol. been once, never again, can't see how its still open - but other people tell me it's great ! - confused !

We go to 'Lee's' Chinese - not name of restaurant, just the name of English waiter !

Nic
14-06-2011, 14:38
Yes, the one at the end of Trebol, nearest to Las Galletas end. We were taken there cause the people that took us thought it was great, it wasn't......horrible, horrible food!

Skeggy
14-06-2011, 14:44
Funny how differently people think, we were recommended to the other one where Lee is the waiter and of the two enjoyed the Peking better, nothing to choose between the food but found the Peking staff much more pleasant which caused us to return. it would'nt do for us to all to like the same things.