PDA

View Full Version : Information needed to live and work in Tenerife permanently.

MrsTT
29-05-2011, 17:51
Originally Posted by chris1991

Hi there, I am 17 years old and I am hoping to live and work in tenerife next year, please can any one tell me how to get started step by step.

Many thanks

Chris

Some tips

Enquire at your local job centre about "job seeking in Europe" or look here (http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/Living_and_working_in_Europe/index.html)

If you are eligible for an E106 bring it with you, if not make sure you have a European Health Card (https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do)to cover you for medical emergencies.

Take some Spanish classes before you come if you can't already speak the language.

You probably need to make sure that you have at least a couple of months living money and a return ticket just in case things go wrong.

Make sure your UK passport is in order and is not about to expire anytime soon.

You will probably do do better looking for work if you are already here.
Here is a very rough outline list to start you off for further research on the paperwork you need:

If you are staying 3 months or less
1) apply for an NIE number at the National Police station here or at your nearest Spanish embassy or consulate in the UK before you come here.

OR

If you are staying more than 3 months
1a) get a base to live - ask for your apartment rental contract in Spanish and from there you can register at your new local town hall for a "certificado de empadronamiento"

1b) Use 1a to apply for a "Certificado de registro" at the National Polcie Station (includes an NIE number at the same time)

--------------------------------
2) apply for a Social security number at the Seguridad Social

with those documents you can then work legally.

Good luck

information from The One Stop Problem Shop (http://www.diana-mcglone.com/)

cratos25
11-06-2011, 18:54
i have been here for the last 3 years living with my partner and our two small children.my partner is eu and i am not,i dont have papers to be here dose anyone have any advice on how i can get these papers.i have been told that afer 2 years you can become legal but i can not find anywhere how to do this.
any help would be great

MrsTT
11-06-2011, 19:55
You may find the answers you need if you look through the threads already in this sub forum. You could contact forum member goldenmaniac for specific help. :)

slodgedad
11-06-2011, 20:01
Cratos, Look HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions.&prefixid=Paperwork). You may find what you are looking for

timmylish
12-06-2011, 01:12
i have been here for the last 3 years living with my partner and our two small children.my partner is eu and i am not,i dont have papers to be here dose anyone have any advice on how i can get these papers.i have been told that afer 2 years you can become legal but i can not find anywhere how to do this.
any help would be great

There has been no Government Amnesty here for a couple of years now so, in my opinion, the very easiest way of resolving this is to marry, and not here! Marry in the country of your partner, if possible and then you will find it much easier to become a resident of Spain even if only for a 5 year period (which is the norm after the first residence period of 1 year) and then just re-apply as necessary. They usually grant permanent residence on the second or third go. Were either of the kids born here?

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:21
Grrrrrrrr..................

cratos25
12-06-2011, 19:53
than you for help,she is from ireland and i need a visa to go there and you must be resident in the country you apply for the visa from so no good there.they children were not born here and i was told even if they were it would make no difference as they are in no way spanish.the for above is to get an nie i think and i can not get that as i have no visa to be here.i have been regestered in the town hall for two and a half years but that is as much as i can do.the children start school in september so of corse i would like to sort this out withouth leaving the country for a long period of time.thank you anyways

timmylish
13-06-2011, 02:24
than you for help,she is from ireland and i need a visa to go there and you must be resident in the country you apply for the visa from so no good there.they children were not born here and i was told even if they were it would make no difference as they are in no way spanish.the for above is to get an nie i think and i can not get that as i have no visa to be here.i have been regestered in the town hall for two and a half years but that is as much as i can do.the children start school in september so of corse i would like to sort this out withouth leaving the country for a long period of time.thank you anyways

I think you are not getting the correct info!
I have lived here and been resident for most of that time. In 1998 I married my Russian fiancee who only had obtained a short term Visa from the UK. She had only previously had a Spanish Visa to holiday here. I imagine that Ireland is no different to the UK in these matters so all you will need is to have her receive an Invitation to visit Ireland and have a fixed address where you will staying in Ireland until and during the marriage ceremony. Good luck.

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 02:30
any help would be great

I have merged your thread with this one on the same subject. Have a look through, you may find what you are looking for.

ali marshall
13-08-2011, 14:11
Gratos25 there is a lawer in los cristianos who may be able to help you get your residence here in tenerife.I do think you need to be in employment with a good contract to get your residence if your non european,i may be wrong but i know this was the case with my partner.

With his case he was issued,maybe 1 year first, 2 years,then another 2 years,now he has his 5 years residence.We also have a child but are not married.I think he can apply for his spanish passport after the 5 years.

Anyway does not hurt to try the lawer,he will do all the paperwork etc for you.Not great with directions but here it goes,if you drive past centro salud on your right,go through the traffic lights and down the hill,as you hit the 2nd right turn here,you will see a big board there advertising dentist, avetour etc.Park somewhere at the bottom and you will see a hair dresser in a small centre,go up the stairs on your left in the centre and i belive he is on the 2nd floor.

He is very good,but very busy so you may have to wait a while to see him as he does not do appointments.