PDA

View Full Version : Copy Sky+ recording to PC hard disk

Balcony
27-02-2012, 10:30
I came across an enquiry in one of the computer mags and thought it might be of interest to some people here.

Question: I have programmes recorded on my Sky+ box but I don't have a VHS/DVD recorder. Is it possible to transfer the programmes to the hard drive on my laptop, from which I could burn to DVD?

The enquirer used a lapton with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Answer: Yes, though you'll need a video-capture device that can connect the Sky+ box to your lapton. - the Pinnacle Dazzle (about £40) will do the job. Buy a Scart to either S-video or composite lead (the Dazzle supports both) to connect the Sky+ box to the Dazzle and then follow Sky's own instructions for recording to VHS/DVD. See http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/recording-with-sky-plus-hd/copying-recordings-to-vhs-tape-or-to-a-dvd/

The Sky+ box doesn't 'know' that it's attached to a video-capture device rather than a VHS/DVD recorder, so when you execute its Copy option begin the recording process on your PC (the Dazzle comes with Pinnacle's Instant DEVD Recorder software, which will take care of things).