PDA

View Full Version : The Forthcoming AGM season is nigh in Tenerife.

jack oakley
28-02-2012, 00:20
Many of us who are owners in a horizontal ley community will soon be informed of the impending community A.G.M. where budgets and forthcoming projects apertaining to our community will be :eyebrows: democraticaly voted upon. Many owners are interested in the way their community is managed but some are apathetic and don't attend or bother to use their vote, an increasing number of community's have websites now where owners can discuss issues that can keep non-resident owners informed of what happening in their absence. In this difficult ressession i suspect the most important issue will be community debtors, we all experience difficult financial problems from time to time and some of us may have difficulty meeting our financial obligations, a degree of tolerence and understanding must be considered and more time should be given without monitary late payment fines, however there are leaches in many of our communities. Leaches are barefaced insidious individuals who never pay their fee's but they enjoy the facilities that the honest owners struggle to pay for, these people should be pursued relentlessly. Some of them are wise and play the Canarian court system's dreadfull failings knowing that they can drag out hearings on trivial technicalities for several years knowing that the court can only demand they pay two years back fee's in total. Community lawyers must be pressed into swift action and those who don't should be replaced, there are some ( i could quote names ) who use communities as a money tree, if and when they are replaced for incompetence or a change in administration they deliberately "lose" vital paperwork and obstruct ongoing court actions, in my opinion they are guilty of aiding and abetting the persistant debtors and are no better than the insidious individuals they were supposed to be pursuing. DO NOT LET THE DELIBERATE AND PERSISTANT DEBTORS WIN, make sure your president, your administrators, and your community lawyer bring these scumbags to book, MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD AND USE YOUR VOTE even if you can't attend your AGM. Jack.O