PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasures in Tenerife

megsdad
29-02-2012, 17:51
Earlier today I went to the ocean front inbetween the Vincci hotel and el Nautico suites, itīs a stunning piece of coastline here on golf del sur. With views to montaņa roja and the fishing village of Los Abrigos, the rugged bays with incredible rock structures stretching on to Amarilla golf and its marina ensures a steady flotilla of craft using the expanse of ocean in front of me.
So Iīm sitting on my mobility scooter, the sun is shining, people strolling on the pathway smiling , some saying hello, i light up a cigar, a canarian jumbo thing, I havenīt smoked for 9 years, I look around like a naughty schoolboy , delighting in my surroundings and feeling rather smug. 30 minutes later I head home , having enjoyed the natural beauty of my adopted home and the guilty pleasure of a rather good cigar.
So my question is, forum users, whatīs your guilty pleasure? and try and keep it clean!!!!!

princessmonika
29-02-2012, 18:10
apart from the cigar:redcard: i love that part of golf del sur walked it many times as far as los abrigos-- my pleasure, is sitting on my terrace in augusta park
having a glass of wine and looking over to the ocean -:) bliss

9PLUS
29-02-2012, 18:28
Crystal Meth

x

Margaretta
29-02-2012, 19:28
The same footpath either way Megsdad. Fabulous. We do it two or three times a week. Husband wants to walk me to Amarilla bay but I refuse and stop determinedly at the Aries Bar. The coastal path through Los Abrigos is amazing too with the fantastic views at the end...and the Irish bar!

Guiltiest pleasure: Sangria, cake and coffee or a barraquito in the Nautico gazing at the stunning view of the coast and El Medano.

emmess
29-02-2012, 20:17
migrating to the pool bar for a half a shandy at happy hour. Sun beating down, the company of all of our very good friends there and watching fondly as the kids play in the pool.

The kids guilty pleasure is taking lilos in the pool after the lifeguard finishes but that's a whole other story, and one they don't get to enjoy often. Probably as often as the 29th February!

karinagal
29-02-2012, 21:49
My guilty pleasure is walking through the gate at our complex and having a cold pint of Dorada before I even open my door and throw my case in.... Bliss!!!!

Margaretta - I'm in Amarilla Golf from the 23rd of March.. Drop me a pm if you want to meet up for a drink or three? Would be nice to make more friends from the forum!!

tracy hampshire
29-02-2012, 21:57
going down to the beach on a summers night with a picnic & a bottle of wine & drinking the whole bottle myself :yum:

slodgedad
29-02-2012, 22:44
Going out on the terrace in my underpants for a fag in the morning 12 months a year

KirstyJay
29-02-2012, 22:55
what do the neighbours say?

Sundowner
29-02-2012, 23:24
Earlier today I went to the ocean front inbetween the Vincci hotel and el Nautico suites, itīs a stunning piece of coastline here on golf del sur. With views to montaņa roja and the fishing village of Los Abrigos, the rugged bays with incredible rock structures stretching on to Amarilla golf and its marina ensures a steady flotilla of craft using the expanse of ocean in front of me.
So Iīm sitting on my mobility scooter, the sun is shining, people strolling on the pathway smiling , some saying hello, i light up a cigar, a canarian jumbo thing, I havenīt smoked for 9 years, I look around like a naughty schoolboy , delighting in my surroundings and feeling rather smug. 30 minutes later I head home , having enjoyed the natural beauty of my adopted home and the guilty pleasure of a rather good cigar.
So my question is, forum users, whatīs your guilty pleasure? and try and keep it clean!!!!!

It sounds wonderful...............but you forgot to mention the HURRICANE force winds and the noise of the planes flying over........:raspberry2:

My guilty pleasure is having a bite to eat and a beer overlooking Las Vistas beach..........watching the good, bad and ugly walk by.....

ruffus
29-02-2012, 23:38
Agree Sundowner. My guilty pleasure is a late afternoon in the Watermelon over looking the beach. Watching people in the sea, the lookie lookie men out on the streets with their watches and sunglasses. Olsen ferry coming in, and all the cars driving off the ferry making it a bugger for me to reverse out when I leave :D

Margaretta
01-03-2012, 00:54
Karinagal...will pm you!

Slodgedad....are you really enhancing our environment? Your guilty pleasure may not be that of your neighbours!!eek2:

Hurricane Sundowner? The weather lately has been unprecedented but usually it's glorious. We love the planes and only really notice them when we are looking for them. The 'roar' is not loud or unexpected and not at all intrusive on that coastal promenade. You get used to it and spend time fascinated by which airline company it is. Love the planes.

YOUNG GOLFER
01-03-2012, 00:54
I guess mine is having a drink or two after work thinking how lucky i am living in a place like Tenerife......it's like everyday is a Saturday to me.

caroletenerife
01-03-2012, 02:29
winding up the morrocans in the shop, doubling the price, then telling them they are such good customers i give them 'very good half price deal'. They cant haggle with that 'super deal':crylaughing:

princessmonika
01-03-2012, 08:26
the winds and planes are no problem

Sundowner
01-03-2012, 11:00
Karinagal...will pm you!

Slodgedad....are you really enhancing our environment? Your guilty pleasure may not be that of your neighbours!!eek2:

Hurricane Sundowner? The weather lately has been unprecedented but usually it's glorious. We love the planes and only really notice them when we are looking for them. The 'roar' is not loud or unexpected and not at all intrusive on that coastal promenade. You get used to it and spend time fascinated by which airline company it is. Love the planes.

It was said tongue in cheek.........a joke............I did not mean to upset anyone......will stop talking about the "light winds" and the "silent planes" promise.

9PLUS
01-03-2012, 19:50
Crystal Meth

x

Yeah man, me too

x

warbey
01-03-2012, 21:14
Why should anyone feel Guilty about simple pleasures.. I often wonder..?

Some can land You in Court though..

Saying nowt about underpants Mate............