PDA

View Full Version : PC blinded by Raoul Moat found dead.

TOTO 99
01-03-2012, 10:02
Very sad indeed. David Rathband has been found dead at home.

RIP.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/891799-policeman-blinded-in-raoul-moat-shooting-spree-found-dead

Megaloo
01-03-2012, 10:04
David Rathband the policeman shot in 2010 is found dead.

R.I.P David so very sad a very brave man but seems he could not cope in the end.

Megaloo
01-03-2012, 10:05
Very sad indeed. David Rathband has been found dead at home.

RIP.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/891799-policeman-blinded-in-raoul-moat-shooting-spree-found-dead

Sorry posted at same time, R.I.P David

caroletenerife
01-03-2012, 10:37
That is so sad, i watched a programme on him and knew he was suffering both inside and out. I hope he finds peace now x

bonitatime
01-03-2012, 13:59
Terrible shame, RIP

dokgolf
01-03-2012, 15:13
Hero most certainly, but you must also allow for the fact he was arrested for beating up his wife. Doesn't make his story any less tragic though.

Simon-M
01-03-2012, 16:04
but you must also allow for the fact he was arrested for beating up his wife.

What are you saying? Are you saying let's not forget he is a wife beater? Being arrested for suspicion and being charged and convicted of an assault are a million and one miles apart. Being arrested means NOTHING!!!!!!

This poor guy has been tortured physically and mentally. He lost everything.

I don't think there was any need for that comment!

caz12
01-03-2012, 16:33
this was very sad news today R.I.P

dokgolf
01-03-2012, 17:06
What are you saying? Are you saying let's not forget he is a wife beater? Being arrested for suspicion and being charged and convicted of an assault are a million and one miles apart. Being arrested means NOTHING!!!!!!

This poor guy has been tortured physically and mentally. He lost everything.

I don't think there was any need for that comment!

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with this one. I didn't mean my post to sound so crass . I just have zero tolerance for wife beaters. The man was arrested for assaulting his wife ( his son had to phone the police) even though no charges have been brought to date. His wife seperated from him immediately afterwards which would suggest that there is some correlation with the incident. Now, you can put down this behaviour as a result of what happened to him. If it transpires that he committed suicide because of what Moat did, then I would feel very sympathetic. On the other hand, if it was because of his wife leaving him, thats different. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I hope no blame will be attached to her for his death.

Simon-M
01-03-2012, 17:11
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with this one. I didn't mean my post to sound so crass . I just have zero tolerance for wife beaters. The man was arrested for assaulting his wife ( his son had to phone the police) even though no charges have been brought to date. His wife seperated from him immediately afterwards which would suggest that there is some correlation with the incident. Now, you can put down this behaviour as a result of what happened to him. If it transpires that he committed suicide because of what Moat did, then I would feel very sympathetic. On the other hand, if it was because of his wife leaving him, thats different. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I hope no blame will be attached to her for his death.

I see you don't want to sound crass but at the same time are happy to act as chief witness, prosecutor, judge and executioner. Very noble of you.

I just think it's bloody sad! His family must be in pieces right now.

dokgolf
01-03-2012, 17:31
You are correct