PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the play-off dates for CD Tenerife?

Dandy Don
01-03-2012, 22:25
Can anyone advise of when the play offs will be.

I think they are in May which would suit me as over again 18th May.

Also can someone explain the system again.

Cheers and good luck for Sunday.

seanocelt
02-03-2012, 03:00
would love to help loon, but i have the same questions..Fred P???

bonitatime
02-03-2012, 09:45
The games will be played in the 6 weekends following the end of the season.
The first of each group are drawn agains another first team and play two matches. The 2 winners then go up. The losers are then put into a draw with the 2, 3 & 4 of each group playing off until there are only two teams left these also go up the 2A, all matches are 2 legged. Teams cannot in the first instance be drawn against other teams from the group they were in during the season.

richard king
02-03-2012, 10:09
so..even if they win the league they still have to play off ??...hope they are promoted again and then can get some decent teams back in tenerife

bonitatime
02-03-2012, 10:27
Even if they win
Lugo last year was streets ahead but didn't make it throught the play offs

richard king
02-03-2012, 10:42
are there any set dates for these play offs..and with the 2nd 3rd and 4th scenarios are they all two legged or finls at neutral grounds..play offs are abit unfair as a team that finishes 4th does not deserve to qualify in front of a team that finishes above them..but..they are normally good games with great atmosphere...and create more money for clubs..leagues etc

Fred Perry
02-03-2012, 11:48
As far as I understand it is like this;

Last league game May 13th

Play off Final 1st Leg; Sunday May 20th;
Play Off Final 2nd leg Sunday May 27th;
This is between winners of each league; so 4 divisions = 2 finals.
Two winners are directly promoted.

Meanwhile the 2nd,3rd,4th placed sides are drawn against teams from other regional divisions. 12 teams; and after 2 legged games that leaves 6 winners.

The losing teams from the play-off final goes back into the play-offs, which leaves 8 teams. Four matches, winners from those matches leaves four teams. Two finals and the winners gain promotion.

As a footnote the two winners from the first main final will play each other in a Trophy Final (I am quite sure on the Wed 30th May and 3rd June) to declare the overall champion but this game is for 100,000€ and a trophy, nothing else.

seanocelt
02-03-2012, 13:06
great info as always thank you.