PDA

View Full Version : Other We are coming to Tenerife and staying at the Golf Cordial Plaza

k-pipe
02-03-2012, 10:59
:jumping: Wont be long now, late April one week at Golf Plaza, not beenthere for long time, is there now a beach, what restauants etc.would you recommend, all advice accepted, thanks, Keith & Sandra. :spin: :idea:

KirstyJay
02-03-2012, 14:41
Can you please indicate where this hotel is? :)

BobMac
02-03-2012, 15:43
:jumping: Wont be long now, late April one week at Golf Plaza, not beenthere for long time, is there now a beach, what restauants etc.would you recommend, all advice accepted, thanks, Keith & Sandra. :spin: :idea:

Do you mean the Golf Plaza in Golf Del Sur ??

jack oakley
02-03-2012, 17:20
The Golf Plaza is on the border of the Golf del Sur and the Amarilla Golf, there is no beach, the main tourist beaches are in Los Cristianos and Las Americas 8 to 10 Kilometres away, but the best value beach is in El Medano 8 kilometres north up the coast from Los Abrigos, all can be accessed by local bus which stops outside the hotel. There are many restaurants on the Golf Del Sur the nearest one being The Rendevous, there are a few on the coastal path below the Agua Marina Golf Hotel and Apartments, the Marinara's (the Marinara 1 is on the main road) and Marinara2 on the coast walk, both are OK.and reasonably priced. The best Chinese is The Great Wall in the TOP square of the San Blas Center on the G.D.S. The best restaurant in my opinion is PLACERES in Los Abrigos which is 2Ks away, the food, service and setting is unsurpassable. You can "google" PLACERES LOS ABRIGOS and you will find their own webpage, Facebook page and numerous testimonials from Trip Advisor..Enjoy Jack.O

polremy
02-03-2012, 18:14
I once saw Golf Plaza advertised as "one of the top plane-spotters' hotels".
Talk about turning a negative into a positive.

jack oakley
02-03-2012, 18:43
I once saw Golf Plaza advertised as "one of the top plane-spotters' hotels".
Talk about turning a negative into a positive.

The planes are only a problem if some inconsiderate person who had a Vindaloo the night before flushes the lavvy overhead.:ashamed: Jack.O:wave:

Sundowner
02-03-2012, 23:43
The Golf Plaza is on the border of the Golf del Sur and the Amarilla Golf, there is no beach, the main tourist beaches are in Los Cristianos and Las Americas 8 to 10 Kilometres away, but the best value beach is in El Medano 8 kilometres north up the coast from Los Abrigos, all can be accessed by local bus which stops outside the hotel. There are many restaurants on the Golf Del Sur the nearest one being The Rendevous, there are a few on the coastal path below the Agua Marina Golf Hotel and Apartments, the Marinara's (the Marinara 1 is on the main road) and Marinara2 on the coast walk, both are OK.and reasonably priced. The best Chinese is The Great Wall in the TOP square of the San Blas Center on the G.D.S. The best restaurant in my opinion is PLACERES in Los Abrigos which is 2Ks away, the food, service and setting is unsurpassable. You can "google" PLACERES LOS ABRIGOS and you will find their own webpage, Facebook page and numerous testimonials from Trip Advisor..Enjoy Jack.O

How does Placeres compare with Los Roques? Looking at their websites Placeres seems to have a more limited menu and winelist?

jack oakley
03-03-2012, 02:41
How does Placeres compare with Los Roques? Looking at their websites Placeres seems to have a more limited menu and winelist?

Both restaurants are in a class of their own, and excell in slightly different ways. The visual menu at Los Roques may feature more dishes and their wine menu more extensive, the food and service is impeccable though a little "high brow". Pablo who owns Placeres was in fact the head waiter at Los Roques for two years but trained as a chef-de-cuisine in one of the finest hotels in Paris, however he enjoys meeting and interacting with people and is more comfortable as a host. He knows about wines and although his cellar may not hold 50 different wines he chooses the best wine to compliment his menu at very reasonable prices. You are right in that his menu looks a little limited but he states in it that it is merely a guide and is augmented by his many daily market specials. His daily tapas starter is a joy and a platter for two will feature King Prawn with Quails eggs, chicken and choritzo kebabs, Sea bass and caviar spoons, lobster and scallop kebabs to name but few and is excellent value at 15euros for two. His steaks both sirloin and fillet are unsurpassable in quality though not in size, i constantly hear tales of ginormous buffalo steaks being served on wooden platters but you need crocodlile teeth to eat them, Pablo also has a daily catch fresh from the fishing boats and will feature Sole, Cherne, and Sea Bass. His team consists of Cristian (head chef) from Hungary, he was Head chef at an exclusive Golf Club in the south of England, Marcella his assistant from Uraguay, with Anna (head waiter) who managed a restaurant in Dublin for several years and of course Pablo who's charm and charisma is legendary. You will have by now come to the conclusion that i have shares in the establishment, I havn't, i simply enjoy excellent food served with panache at a reasonable price. Jack.O

k-pipe
04-03-2012, 11:30
Yes good idea, the hotel is in Golf del Sur Many thanks for all your information, very much appreciated, regards, Keith & Sandra.