PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get from Teneife north airport to Golf del Sur?

alishahdaei
03-03-2012, 19:55
Hi! Me and my friends will arrive to Tenereife north airport, on 23th of March and I want to know the best (cost effective) way of transport from north airport to golf del sur. We are "5 adults and 2 children!!"

richard king
03-03-2012, 20:29
as far as i know there is a bus service from the north to the south airport thats about 5 euros..then a taxi to the golf which is about 12 to 15 euros...you are going to need 2 taxis by the sound of it...not sure if even people carrier taxis will take 7 but if they do by the time you pay 7 bus fares and 2 taxis from golf youare better off just getting people carrier taxi from north...

Velocette
03-03-2012, 20:42
I think the 340 bus from Airport Norte (north) goes to Airport Sur (south) Reina Sofia, then your only a short cab ride from Golf de Sur, or you may be able to get the 470 bus instead of the cab to the Golf de Sur, but I'm not sure, google Titsa, and lose your reasoning.

I find the Titsa (the national bus company, should be renamed titsup) website hard to understand, and the info on their bustops difficult as well, I'm told that the bus stop info is actually the time the bus leaves the depot NOT when it arrives, go figure.

The first time I arrived at the northern airport we waited for over two hours in a bitterly cold wind, for a bus to the southern airport, then we were advised by a Spanish speaking Russian girl that it would be better to get the next bus into the Santa Cruz bus station and change there for the Golf de Sur, which we did.

Some buses go almost directly down south, while others are very slow and stop at every bus stop, so bring some hard boiled egg sarnies and a flask of tea.

bonitatime
04-03-2012, 09:26
Try El Mar services they do North airport pick ups

Megaloo
04-03-2012, 10:32
I thnk it is the 343 from Puerto to the South that stops at the North airport then it is direct to South Airport. The 102 to Santa Cruz stops there also and then the 111 to the South airport . But Bono tickets needed to reduce the fares on the buses. You may be able to do a deal with one of the Taxi drivers perhaps at the airport and get a fixed price instead of going on the clock.

alishahdaei
04-03-2012, 16:06
Thanks for your nice and useful comments. Actually I think we will take a van (5 adults + 2 children). I have to search the net to find out about the fees from north airport to Santabarbara golf and ocean club in Golf del sur. If you have any advise I would be pleased to hear it :thanx:

alishahdaei
05-03-2012, 06:30
As I got more information about transport in tenerife, I decided to hire a car (orcar site) from the moment we arrive instead of hiring it later. ( at first we wanted to hire car 2-3 days after our arrival.)
This way, we could use the car for airport transfer too. It is much more cost effective.
But I wonder if it is possible to drive right after hiring the car. Is it safe to drive from the moment we arrive!
Tell me what do you think.

Megaloo
05-03-2012, 10:01
First time I drove here I picked up car from South airport and drove up to Puerto, You soon get used to it as you have a left hand drive car. I would not say it would be easy in a right-hand drive car.

Brian
05-03-2012, 11:04
No problem, within half an hour you will be driving like a local, just stay in the outside lane on roundabouts and you will be ok.

beerfan
05-03-2012, 12:38
Have you used CarRentals.co.uk? It was very cheap ordering it from Auto Europe, I remember. £140 for one of these for the week, full insurance and petrol included:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7069/6887137495_d492a660dd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lancashire/6887137495/)

How much of an experienced driver are you? The island of Tenerife is not as busy as say, other mainland European countries but there is more traffic there than on some of the smaller islands.

If you're a confident driver anyway, I'd say you'd have no problem.

Greg
05-03-2012, 13:20
It's easy, I've even seen women driving here! :hide:

Tony the Welder
05-03-2012, 17:51
yes i have seen them driving to its when they try to park you need to keep your distance
It's easy, I've even seen women driving here! :hide:

BobMac
05-03-2012, 18:01
As I got more information about transport in tenerife, I decided to hire a car (orcar site) from the moment we arrive instead of hiring it later. ( at first we wanted to hire car 2-3 days after our arrival.)
This way, we could use the car for airport transfer too. It is much more cost effective.
But I wonder if it is possible to drive right after hiring the car. Is it safe to drive from the moment we arrive!
Tell me what do you think.

You soon get the hang of it

Suggest you look at Autoreisen (http://autoreisen.es/) for car hire

Tom & Sharon
05-03-2012, 18:14
Thanks for your nice and useful comments. Actually I think we will take a van (5 adults + 2 children). I have to search the net to find out about the fees from north airport to Santabarbara golf and ocean club in Golf del sur. If you have any advise I would be pleased to hear it :thanx:

Don't get a room on the eastern side of the hotel,the rooms require triple glazing!!! :bootyshake:

alishahdaei
06-03-2012, 05:30
Yes! I've heard of the sewage. I contacted with them and asked for a sea view not in the east!