PDA

View Full Version : Linking phone to emails

pjelec
04-03-2012, 15:20
Can anyone help.
I have a nokia C7 Android phone and can easily get my hotmail messages through my phone. I have just had a new website built and now my mails are through Microsoft Outlook.
I can not seem to link them to my phone. I have linked my Hotmail to Outlook but can not do it the other way.
I need to be able to read and send Emails through Outlook on my phone throughout the day.

I have even tried to set up G mail and run my mails through that but it is beyond me.

Sunlover
04-03-2012, 15:40
can you not just add your new email address to your phone on -email set up -add an account, on your phone?

Added after 15 minutes:

On You can add several mailboxes to your device.

Select Menu > Applications > Mail .

Add a mailbox
Select New mailbox, and follow the instructions.

sorry would not let me edit:)

pjelec
04-03-2012, 16:05
I have set it up quite quickly but with Android phones it does not have the option for Microsoft Outlook.
You have to go through mail exchange. I have set it up but keeps saying message retreival failed try again later. There is something i am doing wrong.

This is what I have to fill in;

Mail Address
password
username
domain

Marc Weinberg
07-03-2012, 08:24
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab and a HTC desire and here is how i do it on:-
Samsung:-
1) Go to email then go to account options.#
2)Add an account
3)Enter the email address that you are going to use along with your password.
4)Then choose manual setup
5) Choose POP3 account and enter the details requested.
HTC
1)Open Mail and then press menu. Then more. Then New account.
2)Choose Other ( POP3/IMAP)
3)Enter email address and password to be used. then choose manual setup.
4)Again add the details requested.

In the dtails you said you have to enter the domain is also refered to as the mailbox settings. more often it will be mail.(domain name after the @ in your email address) or for incoming email pop.(domain name after the @ in your email address) and smtp.(domain name after the @ in your email address)
For example if my email address was marc@sky.com then the mailbox setting would be incoming:- mail.sky.com, outgoing:- mail.sky.com as in the first instance or incoming:- pop.sky.com outgoing:- smtp.sky.com

Android is setup differently by different manufacturers but the basic principle is the same. message back to let me know how you get on.

pjelec
07-03-2012, 18:28
Thanks for all your Sunlover and Marc. I done everything correct apart from my User Name. Now up and running.

Marc Weinberg
07-03-2012, 22:26
your welcome

slodgedad
07-03-2012, 22:30
I know the OP has been answered but I'll not close the thread as it is very informative,

Made sticky