PDA

View Full Version : Bars Kitty O' Shea's Irish Bar, Puerto Colon, Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife

seanocelt
05-03-2012, 00:54
After a mini re-incarnation near the Slow Boat, Kitty O Shea's is now the new name of the former "Terrace Bar" overlooking the beach at Puerto Colon , I.E. not in the commercial centre. Easy to see from the beach, Ronnie is running the bar, owned by Sean, (NOT ME!!!!) , with live music nightly and on Sunday afternoon. It is early days but the Kitty' s name is well known in the area, and it was busy enough this afternoon, only the 2nd Sunday. Pete (Ramblin!) Breen was on, other singers booked. And Paddy' Day just a wee bit away.

caroletenerife
05-03-2012, 03:33
Good to see it back in prime position, x

macdonald5
05-03-2012, 11:09
Good to see it back in prime position, x
Better spot but does that leave another empty place next to Slow Boat where Alfies/Kitty O'Sheas occupied Port was quite enough when we visited Dec/Jan
even Slow Boat much quieter than for many years?

Leam_Lin
05-03-2012, 11:21
Last few Saturdays the Slowboat has been packed.

bakerman
05-03-2012, 11:37
is there any work in that area?

seanocelt
05-03-2012, 12:29
If there is work id say it would be PR-ing. The old part of the port has quite a few empty locales, the new part where the latest Kittys is has even more empty locales! Same amount of folks around,daytime anyway, but way too many premises. Like most of the South!i

macdonald5
05-03-2012, 15:11
Last few Saturdays the Slowboat has been packed.
Glad to hear that, thought the all inclusive bracelets and the (good) €7.95 Chinese buffets had won the crowds

Red Devil
27-09-2012, 11:29
Is Kitty's still alive and well? Heard Ronnie was no longer running the bar, hope Pete Breen is still coming back this winter, anyone know anything please?

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 11:35
Last i knew, the Kitty's sign was still up but the bar (Terrace Bar) was Russian owned. Not seeen Ronnie in ages. Heard Pete was going to play in Fosters Bar (Irish owned) in the port this winter.

Red Devil
27-09-2012, 12:04
Ok thanks for that - is Fosters a new bar? not heard of it, but pleased Pete is coming back at least.

Leam_Lin
27-09-2012, 12:48
Last i knew, the Kitty's sign was still up but the bar (Terrace Bar) was Russian owned. Not seeen Ronnie in ages. Heard Pete was going to play in Fosters Bar (Irish owned) in the port this winter.

If Ronnie is the one with a mohican, he is still about, seen him a few times around the Krystal Centre.

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 12:53
thats him.

junglejim
27-09-2012, 13:48
Saw Ronnie (with Mohican - he´s a trendsetter!) early this morning at The Lounge (Used to be Hoppers) in Puerto Colon when I was out for my walk - he was setting up bar & terrace chairs.
The Terrace still has Kitty´s sign up but it´s as Irish as a Balaleika !

Red Devil
27-09-2012, 13:57
Saw Ronnie (with Mohican - he´s a trendsetter!) early this morning at The Lounge (Used to be Hoppers) in Puerto Colon when I was out for my walk - he was setting up bar & terrace chairs.
The Terrace still has Kitty´s sign up but it´s as Irish as a Balaleika !

Cant place Fosters bar, any connection with The Lounge (and Ronnie) or am I just confusing the issue?:)

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 15:08
Fosters was /is right on the marina front, next to the bar where they smoke the big teapot thingies. Maybe thats the Lounge? Bars change names fast 'round here! Gound level around from Colon Beach.

Leam_Lin
27-09-2012, 15:11
Cant place Fosters bar, any connection with The Lounge (and Ronnie) or am I just confusing the issue?:)

All the same place.

junglejim
27-09-2012, 15:39
Yes at bottom of stairs below pool centre ,across from Club Nautico .

Red Devil
27-09-2012, 15:49
Fosters was /is right on the marina front, next tthe bar where they smoke the big teapot thingieso . Maybe thats the Lounge? Bars change names fast 'round here! Gound level around from Colon Beach.

Well they should enjoy a bit of Irish music floating in. Never been in it but saw a very good belly dancer there when passing.

Fosters under the spiral staircase, used to be a sports bar lately?

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 18:14
Yes i was in it (Fosters) a few weeks ago, manager from Cork, Joe. He was lloking for a musician and my mate was going to give it a go,Joe said Pete Breen was doing the winter. May have changed its name again!

plancher
27-09-2012, 18:24
If Ronnie is the one with a mohican, he is still about, seen him a few times around the Krystal Centre.
Saw him yesterday drinking in Fosters bar by the Marina

imablue
27-09-2012, 21:13
Fosters Bar is the name now of what used to be The Lounge and Hoppers previously to any others in between ...under the stairs that lead upto the Irish Rose and the Chinese next door .....Ronnie the "PR". now .. is/was/might be still doing it for Fosters as of last Friday 21st ...a week in Tenerife can change by the day ....

Tonysoprano
04-08-2015, 13:43
I loved Kitty O'sheas bar does anyone know how the owners are? Good bar but apparently its gone?