PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tenerife!

emz86
05-03-2012, 13:32
Hi all!

Firstly I am new to this forum so any help or advice is greatly appreciated....anyway here goes;myself and my partner were looking to relocate to corralejo in fueteventura in may. We had a flat lined up but it ended up falling through after the owners had an offer to sell (we are looking to rent not buy) since then we have really struggled to find somewhere else and despite how much we love fuertevetura, we have come to realise it may not be the best canary island to move to in terms of renting and job prospects. So then my attention turned to Tenerife! What areas would people recommend? We would somewhere that was still busy but not to club 18-30 vibe. After months of planning for corralejo, only for it to go wrong, we have thought of abandoning the move but we really want to go for it, even if it means taking a leap in to the unknown at first.

Em x

angeldrawers
05-03-2012, 14:38
Well im no expert,being just about to make the move myself.However i have read enough posts like your to realise that you will be told by many people that unless you have work lined up or plenty cash behind you you will find it very difficult to manage in Tenerife right now.Unemployment is very high in Tenerife.

bonitatime
05-03-2012, 15:52
Were to go is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string
That said we live in Adeje because it is away from the main centres but near enough for work. There is lots of activity sports wide and culturally it is reasonably priced. But we speak Spanish which is a big help.
I would like to live in Santa Cruz because the atmosphere is great and there is lots to do but right now work is more located in the south for what my OH and I do.

Tony the Welder
05-03-2012, 17:41
hi there taking a leap in to the unknown is a great thing to do if you have nothing to lose but only a suggestion why not try a two weeks holiday package and if you like what you see then you can give it a try if not you will have a ticket home