PDA

View Full Version : Information needed on the Guaza car boot sale in south Tenerife

melh_26
05-03-2012, 17:38
I am thinking of doing a car boot in Guaza, however, I do not know much about it. Has anyone got any info?

Thanks

AlBondigas
05-03-2012, 23:10
I may be of some help ..... I go over most weekends and I get there really early! Most sellers get there way before dawn and have their wares on display by sunrise.
The cars (and vans) park up in the dark and wait for the barriers to be removed and then they're directed in and given a pitch by the marshalls.
The public start getting there around 7.30 or so and by 9 o'clock it's very busy.
The regular sellers seem to always be in the bottom field near the BP garage, the less regular seem to be in the top field which is a bit rocky and therefore hard on the feet for joe public, it's also a bit breezy up there too so some of the articles for sale get a bit dusty.
I don't know about the charges involved but it would be quite economical as there are some people there with only a few items for sale.
As for what you can expect for your sale items: clothes seem to be dirt cheap - eg: adult shirts for a euro and baby/youngsters clothes seem to be 50 cents.
Some sellers actually put stickers on their items and I find that very helpful, but folks will still barter.
It's best to take plenty of carrier bags as most folks will want a bag to put their new purchase in. Also some change for notes.
It may be best to take a thermos with you as there are no drinks stalls, but there is a shop over the road from the big field which sells eats and drinks at reasonable prices but there is a queue.
As for toilets, there are WCs at the BP garage which are attended and cleaned regularly, there are also extra ones in the BP cafe which is open 24 hours so if you *do* go there before sunrise, at least you can get some reaonably priced tapas and a coffee.
So, there is a bit of information for you and I hope it's of some use. Good luck with your sale!! Byeee!

polremy
03-04-2012, 15:49
Does the one in Guaza still happen?
Are there any others near to the Golf?
We´re looking for a few children´s games and toys for when the grandchildren come over.
Boardgames, Lego that sort of thing.
Thanks.

Leam_Lin
03-04-2012, 15:52
Does the one in Guaza still happen?
Are there any others near to the Golf?
We´re looking for a few children´s games and toys for when the grandchildren come over.
Boardgames, Lego that sort of thing.
Thanks.

Have you tried the charity shop in San Eugenio?

chifleta
04-04-2012, 15:58
yes the Guaza boot sale still goes on..... try here if you're on facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.237298549696041&type=1 ... Tenerife Flogg It, Buy,Swap, Give and Donate - not sure if i'm allowed to post a link, but i'm sure someone will delete it if i'm breaking rules :-D

polremy
04-04-2012, 16:59
Brilliant website. Thank you so much. Have registered my interest in a few items.

chifleta
04-04-2012, 17:00
Brilliant website. Thank you so much. Have registered my interest in a few items.

you're welcome :)

ladybird
22-06-2012, 22:45
please could anyone advise me what time to get to guaza boot sale for a good pitch we are very willing to go at 3 o,clock iff nessesery

smigster
22-06-2012, 23:05
we got there 5.30 it was still dark when we set up , be carefull keep your eyes open its busy

candy2411
23-06-2012, 08:36
can anyone tell me if this boot sale at Guaza is on every Sunday or is it once a month or something, also what time does it tend to finish?

thanks