PDA

View Full Version : Health Can anyone recommend an Optician in south Tenerife?

Emmity
05-03-2012, 18:51
Hi All, My other half is in need of some new glasses and although he speaks basic spanish I think he would be much more comfortable with an english speaking optician. I was told of one in Los Cris but cannot remember where it was!! Can anyone recommend an optician? Thanks :)

bonitatime
05-03-2012, 21:12
There is one in Adeje in the main street c/el grande who has ine English parént and speaks English fluently

Saltnpepper
06-03-2012, 00:19
The optician in Valle San Lorenzo is also very nice & though Spanish he does speak quite good English. He also has an English girl working for him. I've been going there since I moved here 8 years ago & have always been very happy with them. They're in the main street in Valle San Lorenzo, Carretera General 128, on the left past the petrol station. Tel. 922 76 63 41

jmcd
06-03-2012, 04:40
Labtech in El Camison charges 18 euros for a prescription and the optician speaks english.

Then go online to zennioptical.com, an american compan,y that allows you to upload a photo of yourself, then you try on glasses of your choice, then type in your prescription, then wait approx 3 weeks for your glasses to be sent to your address. They will cost you around 150 euros depending on what you want.

Check it out here................ http://www.zennioptical.com/

:wink2:

bonitatime
06-03-2012, 11:07
If you can get a prescription http://www.Glassesdirect.com/
Is another place to buy online.

Emmity
06-03-2012, 11:37
I never thought of doing it that way!! Thank you very much for all your help :)

poshbird22
10-07-2012, 09:07
Hi, Looking for an english speaking opticians in the South.
What are the average prices for sight test and new glasses
Thanx all:wow:

deepdivejunkie
10-07-2012, 10:23
Optica Garoe in Las Galletas speak English. Sight test is free if you buy glasses.

penelope pitstop
10-07-2012, 10:48
There was an optician on the Silencio road approach to Las Galletas in the lower level of the Ten Bel shopping area. They are/were very good when we used them.

I think you will find that all eye tests are free in Tenerife, we never had to pay when we lived there.

bonitatime
12-07-2012, 10:18
I think the difference is you buy glasses. The only time I tried to get a copy of my perscription after buying the glasses with the idea to get a second pair cheap I fell out with the people.