PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any information on the recent Los Cristianos market floods in Tenerife?

kingbaker
11-06-2011, 03:53
Hi does anyone know how did the Los Cristianos traders get on, after the flooding in the market.Did they get any compo - were they covered by insurance etc. Any info would be good. I'd say a lot of people were badly affected. I hope all are recovered by now

ssjolie
11-06-2011, 06:37
Hi
When did LC MArket floodin? And where came the water from? By the way; here in Norway a lot of rivers have fllod this weekend

delderek
11-06-2011, 09:42
Hi
When did LC MArket floodin? And where came the water from? By the way; here in Norway a lot of rivers have fllod this weekend

Here a pic, it was in April and heavy rain caused it.

imablue
11-06-2011, 09:52
the market is to the top left of this video....this was taken from the apartments across the road.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqarYc_WA6A

kingbaker
13-06-2011, 21:59
[B]The Original question was

Los Cristianos Market flooding

Hi does anyone know how did the Los Cristianos traders get on, after the flooding in the market.Did they get any compo - were they covered by insurance etc. Any info would be good. I'd say a lot of people were badly affected. I hope all are recovered by now

Jackie
13-06-2011, 22:05
The Original question was

Los Cristianos Market flooding

Hi [B]does anyone know how did the Los Cristianos traders get on, after the flooding in the market.Did they get any compo - were they covered by insurance etc. Any info would be good. I'd say a lot of people were badly affected. I hope all are recovered by now

Obviously no one knows ;)

9PLUS
13-06-2011, 22:05
Apparently the claims are all with the Cabildo according to various insurance agents

bonitatime
13-06-2011, 22:18
I would guess this is going to take a very very long time.

kingbaker
13-06-2011, 23:42
Yes I'd say so. I was interested in having a stall at a couple of market on a few days a week, but I'm re-considering it now. Who would have thought that this could happen

9PLUS
14-06-2011, 07:02
its a one off sweety not as though it happens every Sunday - pull it together

cheers

x

Airazz
14-06-2011, 13:26
I just happened to be there at the time, it was quite terrible, waterfalls from the roof. We later saw quite a few dead (drowned) rats in the street afterwards.

bonitatime
14-06-2011, 14:07
Yes I'd say so. I was interested in having a stall at a couple of market on a few days a week, but I'm re-considering it now. Who would have thought that this could happen
The market has been going over 20 years and this was the first time so I wouldn't worry too much.

Darwin
20-06-2011, 16:36
Hi,as far as i am aware there has been no compo paid as yet to the traders and there was not even a reduction in the rents paid.

Jackie
20-06-2011, 16:47
Hi,as far as i am aware there has been no compo paid as yet to the traders and there was not even a reduction in the rents paid.

I am sure in time those that were correctly insured will get their compensation. Why should there be a reduction in their rent? it was 'An act of God' not the people who rent out the stalls fault???