PDA

View Full Version : Health Can I get medication in Tenerife on a UK prescription?

teresa
07-03-2012, 08:29
I have a uk prescription . Can i take it into a pharmacy and get my medication with it. My daughter was coming in April and bringing me my tablets. But she is no longer coming. I run out in May so only need one months worth.If not will have to return home one month early.:(

dede
07-03-2012, 08:55
If you take your prescription with you to the famacia so they can see what they are its more than likely you can buy the tablets over the counter anyway. worth a try.

teresa
07-03-2012, 08:58
Thank you Dede :)

Zara
07-03-2012, 09:55
If the above suggestion doesn´t work, take it to Karen Whittaker the English Doctor under the Arona Gran Hotel, she will make out a prescription based on what you already have. It will cost you €30 for the consultation but that would be cheaper than returning home early with an additional flight and loss of accommodation revenue.

Best of luck

tfs1
07-03-2012, 11:38
On mainland Sapin if you ask for a specific named medication you can get it, I have had to do that a couple of times for UK prescribed blood pressure tablets.

However, if you go in and say you want something for blood pressure etc they will refer you to a doctor. So as been suggested take you prescrirtion in and give it a go.

Let us know how you get on.

ps Im just off to see Karen Whittaker as I.ve got a ear problem !

Suej
07-03-2012, 11:45
I have a uk prescription . Can i take it into a pharmacy and get my medication with it. My daughter was coming in April and bringing me my tablets. But she is no longer coming. I run out in May so only need one months worth.If not will have to return home one month early.:(

Try the Pharmacy in Las Americas I think it's opposite or next to the McDonalds there! they still sell prescription drugs over the counter whereas a lot of pharmacies are now more strict with prescription drugs, more so with Antibiotics though. Someone might have better directions for the Chemist I am talking about. Dr Whittaker is the best bet if that fails phone and make an appointment or you could be in for a bit of a wait (She closes at 1pm everyday)! Good luck!

teresa
08-03-2012, 06:32
Thank you all so much :)