PDA

View Full Version : Where are the medical centres/doctors surgeries in Arona?

astara
07-03-2012, 12:01
I have searched for doctors in arona, medical centres etc, but cant find the sticky that used to give directions & maps. Can anybody point us in the right direction for a social medical centre in arona area please..rolleyes2:

casabonny
07-03-2012, 16:16
Do you mean in Arona Town or Arona the municipality?
There are several in Arona Municipality but depends on where you live as to which one you can register at and use.
Give a bit more info and you will get more replies and details:wink:

astara
07-03-2012, 18:01
Do you mean in Arona Town or Arona the municipality?
There are several in Arona Municipality but depends on where you live as to which one you can register at and use.
Give a bit more info and you will get more replies and details:wink:

Thanks i live in chayofa, & tried to register at the los cris clinic but was told i needed to go to arona. Can you advise the correct one for my area??

casabonny
07-03-2012, 18:30
I am not sure that there is one in Arona town but I would say probably Valle San Lorenzo would be the next nearest.It may have been that Los Cris has its full quota and cannot take on anymore patients at the moment.Valle San Lorenzo is a large new medical centre so is likely to have more medics thus more spaces for patients.

astara
07-03-2012, 18:32
I am not sure that there is one in Arona town but I would say probably Valle San Lorenzo would be the next nearest.It may have been that Los Cris has its full quota and cannot take on anymore patients at the moment.Valle San Lorenzo is a large new medical centre so is likely to have more medics thus more spaces for patients.
Thanks for that is the link still on here with directions to doctors???

mike in chayofa
07-03-2012, 19:09
Thanks i live in chayofa, & tried to register at the los cris clinic but was told i needed to go to arona. Can you advise the correct one for my area??

Your local medical centre is at Cabo Blanco.

From La Camella, turn to go to Cabo Blanco and then take a left between the half built JJ Aleman apartment blocks as though you were going to Mercadona.

Go past Mercadona (which will be on your right), straight on down the hill and after you go past the 2nd (?) road on the right, you will see a big car park on your right - the entrance is just before the 3rd road on the right.

Turn into the car park and head for the right hand corner. The medical centre is on your left.

aslin
08-03-2012, 16:54
Have been there for a blood test. Very efficient

astara
10-03-2012, 22:11
thank you thank you thank you mike, been searching for weeks... x

Have been there for a blood test. Very efficient
did you need a translator, i have some spanish usually enough??

mike in chayofa
11-03-2012, 10:11
.......did you need a translator, i have some spanish usually enough??

TBH I have never tried speaking to them in English. I suspect that they may have a limited knowledge, but not much.

Best bet is to either take someone with you that can translate or write down any medical terms that you may need.

ruggernutter
11-03-2012, 12:24
there are a few there who speak a little english but only a couple of the doctors its easy enough to make an appointment tho, then take a translator with you for the appt, i use a very good one who lives in chayofa.