PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

DUNEDIN
07-03-2012, 17:04
Hi

registered a while ago but never posted so thought I better,

Was over last week painting my place but took a day off to Climb Tiede, not an experience I overly enjoyed especially when a mate of mine txt me at my lowest point to say he had just landed and flew over Tiede and saw two healthy looking guys on the top (I was with two mates) and a "buckled" guy half way up. was so close to home I looked for the plane ;)

Anyway Tenerife has a big interest for me and big part of my life so going to look in more often, To go totally off at a tangent where can I view a list of dangerous dogs on Tenerife and what measures you must take. I have three which sometime soon we may bring over one is a caniche we rescued from Tenerife and took to Scotland 7 years ago,the other is a Retreiver but at 14 sadly he might not see the trip but we have a 2 years old Dogue De Bordeaux and she is a big softy but as a French mastiff wondered how she would be viewed. I see dogs in muzzles that wouldnt hurt a fly and could never do that to Fudge and would maybe effect our decision in taking her or going at all. Be interested to know

Ta for now

helhod
07-03-2012, 17:23
Not sure on this ,I was told my boxer dog i took to Tenerife was on the list !! It was'nt ,there is a web site looked it up but i got the wrong one!!!

angeldrawers
07-03-2012, 19:37
Your dogue will indeed have to be muzzled, 3rd part insured and on a non expanding lead of no more than2 metres.I know because we intended bringing over ours next month but found out after purchasing a place in november that he has a terminal illness,Our move over to tenerife next month wont be a totally happy event because we will have to say goodbye to him before we come.

DUNEDIN
07-03-2012, 22:07
pretty much ended a bad day with even worse news with that. Fudge was taken to vets today and she has done her cruciate in her rear leg.

Dont doubt you for a minute and you have obviously researched this but the list I see has no mention of Dogues but then mentioned height and weight etc. She is a very slight and smallish Dogue and clutching at straws here wondered if that would have any impact or have you actually seen the breed on a list? any info or sites that you discovered this would be greatly appreciated, she is used to going to the pub with me and a big insentive for going would be walking them freely in the sun and fills me with dread thinking she would be muzzled. Where we are there are dogs all over the place of all sizes and breeds and rarely do I see any muzzled although elsewhere I have, maybe they are flouting the law?

angeldrawers
08-03-2012, 09:53
The dog doesnt actually have to be named specifically on the list .If it displays any of the characteristics mentioned ie height/weight,large head, mastiff type etc then it will be included as being "potentially dangerous".I know exactly how you feel, its very sad as the dogs quality of life will be severely affected.We only decided to come to teneeife after discovering that because our boy was a bullmastiff/dogue de bordeau cross they wouldnt even let him enter france(which was where we had planned to go).At least we could take him to tenerife.A bit ironic that its because of him we are moving to tenerife ,but he wont be coming with us. People do flout the law but the authorities are beginning to clamp down with hefty fines being imposed. Try to get her used to wearing the muzzle a little bit every day,she is still young so hopefully after a while she will accept it. Its heartbreaking when you know the dog is a softie but what is the alternative.