PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Are Endesa totally mad?

mike in chayofa
07-03-2012, 17:49
... or just in need of a decent database programmer? ... There's an opportunity for someone :D

My electric bill usually runs out at around 200-250 Kw per month. If we have a calima or it's very hot the air con bumps this up ... but ... it has been very cold this winter. I don't expect Endesa to monitor the weather, but a little bit of statistical analysis on usage surely can't be hard to incorporate into their billing system?

November actual reading ........................ 341 Kw

December estimated useage .................. 35 Kw

January actual reading .......................... 661 Kw

February estimated reading ................... 35 Kw

We are only on 7th March and already I owe for 600 Kw

The electric consumption is accounted for in my annual budget so I don't have a problem, but for some people a huge bill could present serious financial problems.

Suej
07-03-2012, 18:35
... or just in need of a decent database programmer? ... There's an opportunity for someone :D

My electric bill usually runs out at around 200-250 Kw per month. If we have a calima or it's very hot the air con bumps this up ... but ... it has been very cold this winter. I don't expect Endesa to monitor the weather, but a little bit of statistical analysis on usage surely can't be hard to incorporate into their billing system?

The electric consumption is accounted for in my annual budget so I don't have a problem, but for some people a huge bill could present serious financial problems.

What would 600Kw equate to money wise Mike?:)

mike in chayofa
07-03-2012, 19:03
What would 600Kw equate to money wise Mike?:)

ITRO 100€

As I mentioned, I monitor my consumption and I do budget for all expenditure, but for someone that doesn't watch what they are being charged (and when), it could come as a great shock.

9PLUS
07-03-2012, 19:20

Mike Sweetheart they are Mad

The Bi-monthly billing system was perfectly fine but Endesa wobbled amongst other things when the free market (open electricity market - Anti-monopoly :-) ) came about and they started to charge one estimated month which there is no set rules of logic to follow it basically works around economics per zone, urbanisations, complexes etc etc some people are charged the same usage as last year, others the minimum €35 or even as low as €14 per estimated month. There is about 10 different estimating systems that they use.

Anyway your bill is read every 2 months if you have to pay a little extra one month you'll still only pay what you've used in between that bi-monthly period.

TenerifeTeddy
07-03-2012, 21:14
I agree it is potty, and yes they are mad. I have used around the same amount of electricity in my shop every month for the past 6 years. When billed bi-monthly it was always around €150, now the estimated bills are always around €50 and then made up the next month by the actual reading to €100. Doesn't bother me much, but you think their systems could spot a regular pattern.???.

In our row of locales, we have had one person move out because after 2 months of running a cable to us, they still couldn't get Endesa to identify which meter was theirs so the electricity for their local is turned back on!. In our new venture, Callao Learning Centre, we are still using electricity paid for by the landlords since October, because fortunately they were using the empty local as a storeroom, prior to us taking it over, so had electricity supplied to it. Before Christmas they came round and switched off all the power to all the locales, then restored them one at a time to see which meter was which, but still nothing back from them yet. What a way to run a railroad :)

slodgedad
07-03-2012, 21:26
I am gobsmacked at the way we are now billed.

We all know it was a way of covering the increases but the charges now are horrendous.

My bills now arw virtually the same monthly as they were two years ago bi monthly.

Same house, same appliances, same everything, except the bill.

We used to pay, on average, 110 to 130 every 2 months. Now it's between 90 and 110 every month...Duhhh

Suej
07-03-2012, 22:13
I am gobsmacked at the way we are now billed.

We all know it was a way of covering the increases but the charges now are horrendous.

My bills now arw virtually the same monthly as they were two years ago bi monthly.

Same house, same appliances, same everything, except the bill.

We used to pay, on average, 110 to 130 every 2 months. Now it's between 90 and 110 every month...Duhhh

Exactly the same for me Slodge! pay as much for one month as I previously paid for two!eek2:

bonitatime
07-03-2012, 22:32
I am so pleased to be going back to bi monthly billing. Estimated billing has been a complete nightmare. Nearly every 4 th month Endesa have paid me back money they already took

cainaries
07-03-2012, 23:53
We opened a new account on a previously unoccupied property and before anyone had used any electricity at all, they billed us €60. When we went in to the office to point out that no-one was living in the property they said it was an estimate. When we asked what they'd based that on they said hmmm, ok, see your point, we'll sort it out on the next bill. And the next bill was €122 with no account taken of the €60. The cottage is now rented long term and we can't work out what to charge the tenant. The €60 bill applied before she moved in but also before any electricity was used. Yes, they are mad but also, probably, going to be quite rich.

julia44
08-03-2012, 07:46
My bills are the opposite, the estimated bill are about 75-80€ then when the meter is read it is about 25-30€ not a problem though as Mike I budget for the year.

BoPeep
08-03-2012, 11:45
Is there any choice of electricity company here or do you just have to put up with them?

mike in chayofa
08-03-2012, 12:17
Is there any choice of electricity company here or do you just have to put up with them?

There is a choice but I can't give you the options - I expect someone will be along shortly to give more details.

The reason that I know that there is a choice is because I had someone trying to convert me a couple of months ago. Everything was going well until he discovered that my electric bill is in the name of someone who died over 20 years ago. I did apply to Endesa to have the bill put into my name on 4 May 2011 - along with all the information and documents that they wanted. Despite chasing it up several times, I have still not heard from them.

Another situation where you try to do the correct thing and are again thwarted by 'the system'

aslin
08-03-2012, 16:48
yes its a nightmare!!!

cainaries
08-03-2012, 17:31
There is a choice but I can't give you the options - I expect someone will be along shortly to give more details.

The reason that I know that there is a choice is because I had someone trying to convert me a couple of months ago. Everything was going well until he discovered that my electric bill is in the name of someone who died over 20 years ago. I did apply to Endesa to have the bill put into my name on 4 May 2011 - along with all the information and documents that they wanted. Despite chasing it up several times, I have still not heard from them.

Another situation where you try to do the correct thing and are again thwarted by 'the system'

I've heard that, if you apply now to change the account into your name, you have to pay around €500 for a new 'boletin' and provide all the detailed plans (not included in the €500) so may be it's just easier to pay in the other person's name. Which works fine until you want to sell up.

9PLUS
08-03-2012, 19:16

Providing that your electrical contract with Endesa has not gone over 20 years. You can contract to the open market to anyone of these suppliers in the link below

9 Plus Instalaciones - Electricity suppliers in Spain (http://www.9plusonline.com/electric-installation-survey-inspection-law-tenerife/index.php?page=unelco-endesa)

I recommend Endesa Energía, S.A.U.

atlantico
08-03-2012, 19:22
why over 20 years? How can you find this out ? Is it the property age or just your contract ?

chifleta
08-03-2012, 19:24
never sure who is worse.... ENDESA or Telefonica/Movistar ... friends know NEVER to ask me to call on their behalf :bootyshake:, I may speak Spanish, but my patience isn't good enough any more to cope with them.....one of the main reasons I quit my job many moons ago :twak:

cainaries
08-03-2012, 20:39
never sure who is worse.... ENDESA or Telefonica/Movistar ... friends know NEVER to ask me to call on their behalf :bootyshake:, I may speak Spanish, but my patience isn't good enough any more to cope with them.....one of the main reasons I quit my job many moons ago :twak:

I suspect it is one huge conglomerate with interchangeable staff.

9PLUS
10-03-2012, 14:41
why over 20 years? How can you find this out ? Is it the property age or just your contract ?

20 Years since the electrical contract was taken out "Because" that's the Life span of a electricity meter and the limit to change account/contract details without Certification (general electrical inspection)

tsimonj
14-03-2012, 11:14
If you don't want an estimated 'interim' bill you can enter the true reading from your meter on the endesaonline website. You need to do it on roughtly the same day of the month as as the normal meter reading is done which is shown on your last bill ...
Use the link below for the correct page
http://www.endesaonline.com/ES/Hogares/1d26a986-f62b-4497-8cec-1ee1b35aa4c21.asp
or if this doesn't work type 'Endesa introducir lectura' into Google.es and it should find it.

Subway Tenerife
09-05-2012, 21:28
We switched from Unelco to Iberdrola (who are a big company in the mainland but not heard of much over here yet) and its worked out much cheaper. Plus I get my bills emailed to me every month. Theres a new company doing it now in the South called Switch Solutions. If anyones interested I can dig the number out. We haven't done it but I think you can also set your payment date and amount (which I presume is reviewed every so often). One thing I do know is that Iberdrola only use real readings and never estimate! :goodluck:

tfs1
09-05-2012, 21:42
Iberdrola are our suppliers in mainland Spain and we have Endesa in Tenerife. Iberdrola website is pretty good and from memory was easy to setup for online billing etc. 6 months ago we had our last real Iberdrola reading which used to happen every other month and a 'meter rental' bill for the alternative months, around €13.

However, no readings etc for the past 6 momths and calls to them about this result in a 'tough luck' attitude. Sometimes better the devil you know !

Chris

9PLUS
10-05-2012, 07:25
The thing is with Iberdrola they're making a lot of mistake and rendering their clients with no electricity.

So be careful with Iberdrola.

It's the same senario with any third party company they do EVERYTHING RIGHT and ENDESA do everything wrong but who does the client believe ?

More than 10 cases ive had this year where this company has lied to the client and they have been cut off.

berrywinkle
16-10-2012, 20:48
Hi, I seen your post and wondered if you have an address for the Endesa Elictricity Company? I have a property in Calleo Salvaje and for some reason I do not get bills sent to me but the cash is taken from my bank account to cover bills every month. I have tried contacting them by phone with no joy so thought I would pay them a visit next week. Hope you may be able to help. Thanks Margaret

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Chris, I am quite new to the forum and am desperately trying to find an address where you can go and actually speak to somebody at Endesa. I have tried to phone several times but get nowhere. They never send my bills and I need to get this sorted asap. Hope you can help. Thanks Margaret

casabonny
16-10-2012, 21:32
Their office is in Los Cristianos and you will need to speak good Spanish . It's on the road that runs parallel to the dual carriage way.

Mia
17-10-2012, 16:29
It appears that Endesa are no longer sending out paper bills.

We have opted for email billing and are now receiving bills each month via email.

You will need to register on the Endesa website which you can get in english. try this:- http://www.endesaonline.com/EN/hogares/index.asp

Search out other posts regarding the regististration though, because it can prove quite a challenge!
For instance the UPDC number they ask for is the CUPS number (from a previous bill) and your NIE number has to go in the tarjeta de residencia field.

dotty1
18-10-2012, 09:44
It appears that Endesa are no longer sending out paper bills.

We have opted for email billing and are now receiving bills each month via email.

You will need to register on the Endesa website which you can get in english. try this:- http://www.endesaonline.com/EN/hogares/index.asp
ch out other posts regarding the regististration though, because it can prove quite a challenge!
For instance the UPDC number they ask for is the CUPS number (from a previous bill) and your NIE number has to go in the tarjeta de residencia field.
It sure is I don!t understand the part where they ask for tax field. Don!t even no where it is and it wont accept the form without it.

BoPeep
18-10-2012, 09:52
We still get invoices through the post but we aren't registered online.

I tried to do that this morning and noticed that on the second tick box it says that if you tick it you wont get paper bills anymore so I'm not going to bother registering.....

chifleta
18-10-2012, 13:58
We still get invoices through the post but we aren't registered online.

I tried to do that this morning and noticed that on the second tick box it says that if you tick it you wont get paper bills anymore so I'm not going to bother registering.....

We still get post bills too, so i'm not going to bother registering either unless the paper ones stop....

Mia
21-10-2012, 13:58
It sure is I don!t understand the part where they ask for tax field. Don!t even no where it is and it wont accept the form without it.

I cannot remember a tax field?

Perhaps they have changed the form or perhaps someone else can help.

cainaries
21-10-2012, 18:27
I may have this wrong but I believe the Greeks have started collecting unpaid tax via the electricity bills. In other words, if you haven't paid your tax, they cut off your electricity! May be the Spanish are starting to think along the same lines. Might not be acceptable in the UK, but the Greeks are being very hard pressed by Mrs. Merkel to find an effective way of collecting taxes.

Jif100
22-01-2013, 13:27
Endesa/Unelco will have me in the loony bin soon! We have been trying to get the electricity connected for so long it would make a complete novel. Every time we think we have jumped through all the right hoops another man wanders up to our place and says, 'no'. Then again we have to move a wall, change a tube, re-position a cable and guess what, pay out more money.It ahs gone on for months and cost a fortune in generator fuel.
Seemingly at last we have now done everything and signed the contract which apparently means that they are contractually obliged to connect us within four working days but guess what?, its day five and no sign of anyone......please anyone, any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

chifleta
22-01-2013, 13:47
Endesa/Unelco will have me in the loony bin soon! We have been trying to get the electricity connected for so long it would make a complete novel. Every time we think we have jumped through all the right hoops another man wanders up to our place and says, 'no'. Then again we have to move a wall, change a tube, re-position a cable and guess what, pay out more money.It ahs gone on for months and cost a fortune in generator fuel.
Seemingly at last we have now done everything and signed the contract which apparently means that they are contractually obliged to connect us within four working days but guess what?, its day five and no sign of anyone......please anyone, any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

gas lamps?

sorry, not a laughing matter, you must be fuming.... I hate Endesa, Movistar etc etc