PDA

View Full Version : Which bars do you miss now they have closed in Tenerife?

tonypub
11-06-2011, 07:52
bars that were a big part of your holiday,bars that you had the best time in.

Stefan Dee
11-06-2011, 08:45
Ring of Feathers

imablue
11-06-2011, 08:49
the Sportsmans down the Patch which is now the Stage Door.....

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 09:13
O'Rierlly's, miss that, it used to be great.

delderek
11-06-2011, 09:49
The America Bar, at the end of the patch, fascinating to watch the cocktail barmen, serving 8 or 9 people at once.

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 11:02
The Elephants Head ......................

AL JAY
11-06-2011, 11:17
The Mull of Kintyre/Spud pub bar which is now the Fully Monty & Gaelic corner,it used to be packed to the rafters and Freddie (Looney tunes) was always on in a duo with Martin (Rod Stewart) R.I.P. When it first closed down it became Denis the menace 2, I also miss the original Denis the menace bar that was by Mama Rosa's, Denis was a crazy Geordie who done part of his act up the tree outside and there would often be 50 people outside watching him. Also Bonkers down on the strip run by an old mate of mine Nigel.

Lynne & Lee
11-06-2011, 11:19
The tucan bar and manuel the waiter wonderful times :cheers:

imablue
11-06-2011, 11:25
The Elephants Head ......................

ha ha .......:lol:... someones bound to ask..... but it won,t be me ....:eyebrows:

hedgehog
11-06-2011, 11:37
Bonkers was the best...oh happy times!

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 11:38
Ring of Feathers

ha ha .......:lol:... someones bound to ask..... but it won,t be me ....:eyebrows:

Or this one !!!

marbro8
11-06-2011, 11:51
The Elephants Head ......................was that at the opposite end to his a**e ol:eyebrows::eyebrows:

we used to like oscars, they had some good acts on there, thats where we first saw bitter and twisted lol

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 13:25
a**e

we used to like oscars,

Is this an admission !!!!!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::fryingpan:

9PLUS
11-06-2011, 13:30
I miss that stuck in the 80's Brit bar

well that doesnt really narrow it down does it

x

onelegnofeet
11-06-2011, 14:03
I miss that stuck in the 80's Brit bar

well that doesnt really narrow it down does it

x

CHEERS .....................................no i mean the bar !!!

mony71
11-06-2011, 14:55
georges bar was great in its day,had many a good night in there.

AL JAY
11-06-2011, 15:04
I also miss Seans bar in Los Cris which must have been the smallest bar on the island,It was a few doors away from the Claddagh,He and his South African wife retired about 10 years ago and he certainly was a charachter. Does anyone remember it?

marydoll
11-06-2011, 15:26
What a great pub this is, Tony and Eamon's pub is your typical pub back home,cheap as chips to drink there, loads of things going on....quizzes,bingo, virtual horse racing,you name it its on.Always go there when we go back to tenerife every couple of months.

Harmonicaman
11-06-2011, 16:02
Mary Rogans....NOT!!!!!!!!! That Michael Graham is so full of himself.:romeo:

imablue
11-06-2011, 20:35
:) i always miss that iron bar now...i just duck under it .....:eyebrows:

tonypub
11-06-2011, 20:51
What a great pub this is, Tony and Eamon's pub is your typical pub back home,cheap as chips to drink there, loads of things going on....quizzes,bingo, virtual horse racing,you name it its on.Always go there when we go back to tenerife every couple of months.is this sambuca mary by anychance?:drinking:

browngirlinring
12-06-2011, 20:23
full monty on san telmo strip, brill lilly savage act/compere, so talented, where is he now? chicagos, micky deane, great compere. oflahertys with leeway. and many others. great times had over the years, original sisters of doom (actually real sisters) were a class above. ged still going strong, vannessa,still so funny and crude, yet actually a very nice person.

Jackie Buyer
12-06-2011, 23:40
O'Flaherty's in Los Cris - had some fantastic night in there many years ago

TenerifePool
12-06-2011, 23:52
Grace O'Malleys with a great team running it. Sonic, Juan and Ollie...

uptowngirl
13-06-2011, 01:04
full monty on san telmo strip, brill lilly savage act/compere, so talented, where is he now? chicagos, micky deane, great compere. oflahertys with leeway. and many others. great times had over the years, original sisters of doom (actually real sisters) were a class above. ged still going strong, vannessa,still so funny and crude, yet actually a very nice person.

Dave (lily Savage) back in the UK

Mickey Deane, UK

Leeway, O'Jangles a cou-ple of nights, Pheasant Plucker and various Chubby Brown Shows

Sisters of Doom, were never sisters............. sorry........... someone given you the wrong info there, and the new sisters of doom aren't sisters in real life either.!!!

Vanessa..................... great gal, I gotta agree!!!:crazy:

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 02:41
I saw Vanessa tonight. Absolutely brill..

Nic
13-06-2011, 21:31
coqueluches, off the beaten track......literally........best bar ever now big five star hotels stand in it's place, had some of my best nights in there *sniff*

imablue
13-06-2011, 23:10
remember it well....
getting there was fine...how we ever got home ..god knows ....:eyebrows:

Villafan
17-06-2011, 13:14
Scotties, The Snooty Fox. Happy days. Gone but not for gotton.

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 13:18
The Roo - but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back

sparklegirl
17-06-2011, 16:44
O'Rierlly's, miss that, it used to be great.

Agree have had many a good night in that bar:cheers:

sleepy
17-06-2011, 17:17
Laurel and Hardy's opposite Churchill's in LC when Tony and Malcolm ran it.
Also Playboys when Leonard had it.Good times:)

Bob
17-06-2011, 19:16
Motown Magic down the patch,:cry:

tonypub
17-06-2011, 19:17
workers nights in paradise:rave:

and live music at alabamas:rock::headbang:

Red Devil
18-06-2011, 20:59
Merry Monk 2 (Now the Pheasant Plucker) at San Eugenio when Ricky Cola was the compere, he was the best one around.

Also the Shakespeare at Los Diamantes when Andy was the compere and everyone used to pile, in after eating in town, for the 10pm nightly quiz. It was a rubbish bar really but handy for a last drink on the way home.

I remember a couple of really bad winters when there were a lot of power cuts, Dinastia opposite was still half built and deserted so it was very dark when the power went off. Ged Bolton (Rod Stewart) was in the bar waiting to do his act one night when this happened, we all asked him to carry on and sing live without a mic or backing tapes but he refused!!

Nic
18-06-2011, 21:36
Alabamas was always a great night. Used to go every Friday in 1996 when I was working for First Choice, knew exactly what song was coming next though! The jamming sessions they had were great though. Does anyone remember the Hacienda barbecue place, had the big bucking bronco bull, I went a few times (again repping) but can't for the life of me remember where it was! Anyone remember?

pablo1
18-06-2011, 22:50
From my young days down Veronicas there's Rooftops, Soul Train (starco) Bonkers, Seargent Peppers, Kangeroos, Soul Celler, Glaswegian, Paradise and The Tunnel. Then you have The Snooty fox, The Winning Post when Pauline and Craig had it, The Squinting Cat ( Garden City ) Princess Di's, Flanigans, The Red Lion, Motown Magic, Dennis The Mennis ( the patch ) and Pipers ( underneath TRG )
All these bars meant something to me over the years in Tenerife, and all hold a special place for one reason or other. :-)

slodgedad
18-06-2011, 22:53
From my young days down Veronicas there's Rooftops, Soul Train (starco) Bonkers, Seargent Peppers, Kangeroos, Soul Celler, Glaswegian, Paradise and The Tunnel. Then you have The Snooty fox, The Winning Post when Pauline and Craig had it, The Squinting Cat ( Garden City ) Princess Di's, Flanigans, The Red Lion, Dennis The Mennis ( the patch ) and Pipers ( underneath TRG )
All these bars meant something to me over the years in Tenerife, and all hold a special place for one reason or other. :-)

Memories....................

uptowngirl
18-06-2011, 22:56
memories....................

not half!!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
18-06-2011, 23:10

From my young days down Veronicas there's Rooftops, Soul Train (starco) Bonkers, Seargent Peppers, Kangeroos, Soul Celler, Glaswegian, Paradise and The Tunnel. Then you have The Snooty fox, The Winning Post when Pauline and Craig had it, The Squinting Cat ( Garden City ) Princess Di's, Flanigans, The Red Lion, Motown Magic, Dennis The Mennis ( the patch ) and Pipers ( underneath TRG )

Memories....................

OMG all in my time ! ahhhhhhhhhhh the memories come...........

How many remember live music in Alabama's ?

Sergeant Peppers ! effing el 1 & 2

slodgedad
18-06-2011, 23:12
OMG all in my time ! ahhhhhhhhhhh the memories come...........

Wicked, innit?........

Malteser Monkey
18-06-2011, 23:14
Wicked, innit?........

wicked wasn't it :censored:

pablo1
18-06-2011, 23:24
The 10 year period from 1994 to 2004 was without doubt the best of my life thanks to all bars i've mentioned and one or two I haven't ( or can't on a public forum... ) Oh, forgot to mention DJ Cafe at top of road opposite Bel Air, San Eugenio alto...good times :-)

TheBloke
19-06-2011, 01:14
La Boheme in Cristianos

angiebabe
19-06-2011, 01:25
I also miss Seans bar in Los Cris which must have been the smallest bar on the island,It was a few doors away from the Claddagh,He and his South African wife retired about 10 years ago and he certainly was a charachter. Does anyone remember it?
Yes, I remember this bar, used to go there for pie and chips, great view and cheap, but what a miserable so and so he was.
I think it turned into the restaurant Armandos.

Added after 8 minutes:

I also miss The Pelican Bar, now Stardust next door to chinese restaurant in L.C.. I liked the quiz and bingo,sad lol.

candy2411
19-06-2011, 07:59
Alabamas was always a great night. Used to go every Friday in 1996 when I was working for First Choice, knew exactly what song was coming next though! The jamming sessions they had were great though. Does anyone remember the Hacienda barbecue place, had the big bucking bronco bull, I went a few times (again repping) but can't for the life of me remember where it was! Anyone remember?

Alabamas was a great night out especially on sundays, anyone know what happened to the big guy think his name was James?

Nic
19-06-2011, 09:32
James was playing with the Drifters band last I saw him, always said he was one of the original Drifters. William married Carmel, the manager of Cosmos and they had a baby but that was about 10 years ago! Kenny lives in Los Abrigos still and released Hotel California that went quite high in the UK charts. I think Scott might still be around too, he wrote a song for me and came to take my photo cause he said he loved my smile lol, his flattery didn't get him anywhere!! As far as I know it's still owned by Paco Garrido who owns Costa Adeje clinic, it's such a shame that it's closed cause it was such a great night, especially when they did the "soul buffet"!

Rikkig
19-06-2011, 11:12
Bonkers circa 2004 when it was under Busbys/Bobbys used to play great music (oldies) and their Thunderbirds spoof was brill. Always a great atmposphere.
Was never the same when it moved over the road, or maybe I am just getting older

wen53
20-06-2011, 02:40
O'Reilly's - many a good night was spent in there.

What happened to it? It always seemed to be very successful???

Andy0210
20-06-2011, 02:45
O'Reilly's - many a good night was spent in there.

What happened to it? It always seemed to be very successful???

Yeah i agree, what a good night, used to end up in there on many a night. :)

It seemed to go t#ts up not long after that bloke got killed in the scuffle with the bouncers outside and banged his head on the floor. :(

longtallalice
20-06-2011, 08:27
AJ's Bar None , had some great nights with andy and maggs , might have to check out The Pub! when we arrive this weekend :)

AJP
20-06-2011, 13:10
The Lazy Fox, Cockney Pride,I also remember Laurel&Hardy bar opposite Churchills,they had an Irish singer called Padraig,he was great.

jase.2
01-07-2011, 22:18
I always loved Chicagos, esp when it was totally open on the beach front, great food, some very good entertainment - was funny seeing one act run out as another ran in to take their place at the top of each hour

slodgedad
01-07-2011, 22:34
I always loved Chicagos, esp when it was totally open on the beach front, great food, some very good entertainment - was funny seeing one act run out as another ran in to take their place at the top of each hour

Yeah, that was the old Cockney Pride. You had to work on the steps.

I did loads of spots there years ago, usually 20 minutes to half an hour.

You stayed on till the next act got there. Sometimes as many as 6 acts a night.

A one locale bar that could seat 200............Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh memories

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2011, 23:15

hey wasn't it sergeant peppers 1 & 2 and the red lion flippin eck we must have crossed pathesd. Blimey I can name tunes and that was in the days when the veronicas had bushes on the verges coz my mate was so .......d she fell into one then under a car

mind you that was in the days when there was nothing between the columbus and the martini bar

but I'm only 34 you know............LOL

Added after 4 minutes:

blimey that was what 93 / 94 ????????????

Added after 6 minutes:

where did we always end up if it wasn't Oh la la for a pizza and a cafe con leche an hour before you were due back at work, in the later days it was woks kitchen down near mama rosas. Ohhhhhhhh I could cry

tonypub
02-07-2011, 03:08
hey wasn't it sergeant peppers 1 & 2 and the red lion flippin eck we must have crossed pathesd. Blimey I can name tunes and that was in the days when the veronicas had bushes on the verges coz my mate was so .......d she fell into one then under a car

mind you that was in the days when there was nothing between the columbus and the martini bar

but I'm only 34 you know............LOL

Added after 4 minutes:

blimey that was what 93 / 94 ????????????

Added after 6 minutes:

where did we always end up if it wasn't Oh la la for a pizza and a cafe con leche an hour before you were due back at work, in the later days it was woks kitchen down near mama rosas. Ohhhhhhhh I could crypelinor till midday then onto distractions

Malteser Monkey
02-07-2011, 10:21
pelinor till midday then onto distractions

Pelinor - forgot that place yes of course

universal
02-07-2011, 10:49
Well, if you really want to reminisce: Veronicas II – Pub No 1, The Barley Mo, O’Casey’s, The Sportsman’s Bar, Chaplin’s, The Mini Wimpy, Martins Bar, The Lady Hamilton, The Lord Nelson, The Essex Arms, The Jockey Bar, The Crows Nest, Mrs T’s, Bo Bo’s, El Padrino, Veronicas I & III – The Britannia, The Copper Kettle, Kabuga,
Sgt. Peppers, The **** Turpin, Coconut Grove, The Caledonian, The Robin Hood, The Horseshoe, & Scotch Corner.
In Shopping Americas: Flannigan’s, John L. Gardeners Ringside Bar, The Lady Di and The Red Lion.
And in Los C. The John Bull, Churchill’s and The Thomas a Beckett.
Those were the days!

dixie4
03-07-2011, 03:02
I may be going back a bit far in time but I remember the Merry England in Puerto de la Cruz serving the best Double Diamond draught. I remember El Frigata being called The Frigate.
This was in the days before the South airport!
It was also the year that Clarksons the tour operator went bust and left me stranded.
Any idea what year it was?

Harmonicaman
03-07-2011, 07:54
I may be going back a bit far in time but I remember the Merry England in Puerto de la Cruz serving the best Double Diamond draught. I remember El Frigata being called The Frigate.
This was in the days before the South airport!
It was also the year that Clarksons the tour operator went bust and left me stranded.
Any idea what year it was?

It was 1974.:)

dixie4
03-07-2011, 12:09
Hammonicaman,

1974 sounds about right.

Well done!

In those days there were dozens of English bars in Puerto. I doubt if there are half a dozen now.

Onwards and upwards no good getting depressed about it.

paulinelewis
06-07-2011, 00:43
Ooo yes the Soul Cellar - few drinks bit of a dance then a Kentucky sandwich at about 4.30 am - fantastic

CWalters
05-09-2011, 21:32
Manhattons near La Pinta, great acts, great Motown music, miss it so much when i go on my holidays, does anyone know why it closed etc???:spin:

imablue
05-09-2011, 21:42
at a guess i would say.... lack of punters.... rentals on the bar to high ... landlords not giving 2 hoots and increasing the said rents ....
recipe for closure ....

Davie Thistle
05-09-2011, 21:49
..we have only been holidaying on the Island since the year before the euro, - 2001?
and the original Danny's bar was our fav place, mainly becoz of the staff at the time!
Guys were brilliant and made you feal welcome.

there has been too many bars closed down in the past ten years.
bludy shame.

charlatan
18-09-2011, 21:35
Used to love Bonkers. First went there in about 93, when Scottie and Scouse Joey used to DJ in there. Cracking night out, great music and atmosphere and the Thunderbirds and Rolf Harris etc shows they used to do were a scream.

Cracking bar in the Veronicas was the Lord Nelson as well. Always used to start the night in there. Mick that owned it was a star

Sal
18-09-2011, 22:12
Chicagos & Summer Nights in Los Cris and The Cheshire Cat in Torviscas. :(

captain jack sparrow
18-09-2011, 22:38
Had some great nights in penny farthing in los cris, not sure its still there.

Another vote for tucan from me, Remember one night Gavin nicholas asked me to dress as santa clause to hand out presents to the kids, Never thought they would recognise me for the next two weeks after that :laugh: very observant, kids.

Malteser Monkey
18-09-2011, 22:51
The Roo !

But a million years ago The Red Dragon and Sgt Peppers 1 &2 in Veronicas - pls tell me someone else remembers them in the 80's:jumping:

Ed3229
19-09-2011, 08:04
The G2 next to Scampies.....closed around 95/96 nice little bar run by Alastair.........

stevem
19-09-2011, 09:32
G2 and the original Georges Bar in San Telmo. Had some fantasic days/nights in there!!!

tifosi
19-09-2011, 09:50
Regattas in P Colon

Suej
19-09-2011, 12:10
Roma´s Restaurant in LC next door to The Emperor Chinese...lovely meals!:(

charlatan
23-09-2011, 23:31
Just remembered another place we used to frequent.

Anyone remember Smithy's? Was down the stairs in the CC Salytien from what I can remember. Was pretty much a dump, but you could get a litre of spirit and mixer for 500 peseta's ;) Was so strong, the bottom of the jug used to be clear, and you could hardly taste the mixer lol.

Couple of other favourites were The George And Dragon, underneath the Parque De La Paz when Dave Tappin was the compere there, The Star Bar opposite the Los Hibiscos when Dave Tappin first moved there (went on some mammoth booze cruises organised by the staff in there).

Also for a restaurant/bar, the Travellers Rest, which was next door to the original Wigan Pier, had excellent food, and had some almighty sessions in there with the owners until 4ish in the morning :crazy:

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 18:03
The Roo !

But a million years ago The Red Dragon and Sgt Peppers 1 &2 in Veronicas - pls tell me someone else remembers them in the 80's:jumping:

I was there in Veronicas, but never took any notice of the names and was often drunk at the time!! ;)

I wasn't always a boring old f**t!! :)

I've just noticed they're all English bars!! Doesn't anyone like the Canarian/Spanish ones ???

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2011, 19:05
I used to drink in the one under columbus with OH at the time - it was Tenerife's version of the British Legion !:lol:

warbey
24-09-2011, 19:13
Fond memories of "The Stadium", along from the Palm Beach.
Great Staff and a lively Night.

Some Bars change Management and it alters the Character completely
so they changed too.!

Suej
24-09-2011, 19:17
I was there in Veronicas, but never took any notice of the names and was often drunk at the time!! ;)

I wasn't always a boring old f**t!! :)

I've just noticed they're all English bars!! Doesn't anyone like the Canarian/Spanish ones ???

I like to go into the Canarian bars GFG! whenever I´m near the Apolo centre I always pop in to El Tejar if not for a snack then a gorgeous Cortado! never go inthe English bars there much.:)

kingbaker
24-09-2011, 19:24
I like to go into the Canarian bars GFG! whenever I´m near the Apolo centre I always pop in to El Tejar if not for a snack then a gorgeous Cortado! never go inthe English bars there much.:)

OI! What's a cortado?

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 19:28
Doesn't anyone like the Canarian/Spanish ones ???there was a bar in los cris on the road parallel to avenida de suecia... juan XXIII i think. it was called 'la boheme' and was really cool. :cool:

OI! What's a cortado?a cortado is a small coffee. you can have a cortado leche leche which has milky coffee on a layer of condensed milk.

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 19:32
OI! What's a cortado?

It's an expresso coffee with a small amount of warm milk.

You'll have a lot of coffee to try out when you're out next. Do you think you may like the barriquito or would it be too sweet for you?

Added after 8 minutes:

there was a bar in los cris on the road parallel to avenida de suecia... juan XXIII i think. it was called 'la boheme' and was really cool. :cool:

It's frustrating as I didn't take any notice of the names of the bars. The only names I remember are Margaritas and just up from there on the left hand side, The Liquid Trap. I'm pretty sure the only English pub there at the time was Churchills.

kingbaker
24-09-2011, 19:58
It's an expresso coffee with a small amount of warm milk.

You'll have a lot of coffee to try out when you're out next. Do you think you may like the barriquito or would it be too sweet for you?

Added after 8 minutes:

It's frustrating as I didn't take any notice of the names of the bars. The only names I remember are Margaritas and just up from there on the left hand side, The Liquid Trap. I'm pretty sure the only English pub there at the time was Churchills.

I'm not sure as I've not tasted 43 previously. Are there any other coffees........other than barriquito, coffee con..., and now cortado

I must have led a sheltered life!!! HA! HA!!

Anything I should try when I'm over next?:hi: :hi::hi: :hi::hi:

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 20:04
I'm not sure as I've not tasted 43 previously. Are there any other coffees........other than barriquito, coffee con..., and now cortado

There's also cafe con leche condensada, which I believe some people call leche leche - I love that too :)

Did you say you've tried carne con papas? :zzz::zzz:

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:04

a cafe solo, which is expresso and a carajillo, which is a cafe solo con 43. :yum:

It's frustrating as I didn't take any notice of the names of the bars. la boheme is now a jewellers :(

kingbaker
24-09-2011, 20:32
There's also cafe con leche condensada, which I believe some people call leche leche - I love that too :)

Did you say you've tried carne con papas? :zzz::zzz:

Ha! Ha! I thought leche leche was a typo Ha! Ha!

Yes I've had carne con papas as recently as 7pm tonight.....except I used an oxtail

instead of usual beef pieces yum yum

I used the recipe'ish from this forum :hi: :hi: :hi:

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:35
have you tried carne de fiesta? literally translates as party meat, but is a recipe of meat with local mojo. fab.

KirstyJay
24-09-2011, 20:36
I used to LOVE the DJ Café in San Eugenio Alto. They had DJ decks and you could spin your own tunes there. The owners, Nils and Ester were really cool dutch folk. I really miss it. :(

sunseeker
24-09-2011, 20:43
I used to LOVE the DJ Café in San Eugenio Alto. They had DJ decks and you could spin your own tunes there. The owners, Nils and Ester were really cool dutch folk. I really miss it. :(i remember that place. was brill. :( many a drunken night started or finished there.

Goforgold
24-09-2011, 20:45
Ha! Ha! I thought leche leche was a typo Ha! Ha!

Yes I've had carne con papas as recently as 7pm tonight.....except I used an oxtail

instead of usual beef pieces yum yum

I used the recipe'ish from this forum :hi: :hi: :hi:

Can you remember what thread it was on, was it Malteser Monkey's? :)

kingbaker
24-09-2011, 20:47
have you tried carne de fiesta? literally translates as party meat, but is a recipe of meat with local mojo. fab.

Do you have the recipe?

Added after 6 minutes:

Can you remember what thread it was on, was it Malteser Monkey's? :)

I think we're off topic I came into this thread via a notification in my email ac not sure where I am at the moment also

not sure who's recipe it was will check :wave: :wave:

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 16:47
Do you have the recipe?

Ingredients:

1 kilo of cubed pork meat
6 cloves garlic
salt
2 tablespoons paprika pepper
pepper picona
1 glass of wine white
Vinegar
Olive oil
thyme
oregano

Mix pork well with thyme and oregano and let it sit for an hour.
in a mortar prepare a marinade with garlic, salt, paprika, pepper, a little black pepper, strong white wine, a splash of vinegar and a splash of olive oil.
The marinade is poured over the meat. Leave the meat in the marinade for three or four hours.
After this time, fry the pieces in a pan then pass into a cauldron.
In another saucepan, heat the remaining marinade. Once it's thickened, add white wine and water.
When hot, pour over the pork and give it a final boil .

kingbaker
25-09-2011, 21:04
Ingredients:

1 kilo of cubed pork meat
6 cloves garlic
salt
2 tablespoons paprika pepper
pepper picona
1 glass of wine white
Vinegar
Olive oil
thyme
oregano

Mix pork well with thyme and oregano and let it sit for an hour.
in a mortar prepare a marinade with garlic, salt, paprika, pepper, a little black pepper, strong white wine, a splash of vinegar and a splash of olive oil.
The marinade is poured over the meat. Leave the meat in the marinade for three or four hours.
After this time, fry the pieces in a pan then pass into a cauldron.
In another saucepan, heat the remaining marinade. Once it's thickened, add white wine and water.
When hot, pour over the pork and give it a final boil .

Fab thanks Sunseeker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hi:

Blyth Spirit
21-11-2011, 11:52
I've read that The Central Station on the patch had closed will be a miss when we come out in 2 weeks time.

Real shame it didn't work out for them, great people we had some great times in there.

Hope there new bar works out better.

TommyMac
08-12-2011, 15:14
I've read that The Central Station on the patch had closed will be a miss when we come out in 2 weeks time.

Real shame it didn't work out for them, great people we had some great times in there.

Hope there new bar works out better.

That is a shame, I thought it was a really nice bar - take away pizzas were good too!

imablue
08-12-2011, 18:40
they (Shona & Ron) now running a bar in Callao Salvaje...called The Red Lion..
go and see them ....473 Bus from Las Americas....

Peterrayner
08-12-2011, 19:36
Motown Magic down the patch,:cry:

seconded..some great nights in there. :)

ANDREA S
10-12-2011, 23:46
La boheme. Los cristianos

JMC
17-04-2012, 20:50
Hey I remember Hacienda, used to work there and in Alabamas in 96. Great places to be, had such a great year.

caroletenerife
17-04-2012, 20:58
Looks like OReilly's in san Eugenio is open again, same band playing anyway. It closed and opened as BlaBlabla, was was awashout. Hope its as good as it used to be, had some great nights in there x

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 22:13
a little bar in san marcos, called calma plis run by a danish guy called soren, first met OH there, & had some great nights/early mornings there x

marbro8
17-04-2012, 22:22
:wink2:olivers in san eugenio? saw bitter and twisted there great show and we walked from los cris

Sundowner
17-04-2012, 23:04
I miss all the bars that were selling for a Euro a pint!!! Can't understand why they go out of business:cry:

marbro8
17-04-2012, 23:14
I miss all the bars that were selling for a Euro a pint!!! Can't understand why they go out of business:cry:cus it aint sustainable, mind you i never pay more than 1.50 euro a pint when over, and they all seem to be able to stay open:dontknow:

melm
18-04-2012, 19:15
remember Thatchers bar in Puerto we had many goods night being entertained by Phil.

My favourite was The Tavern ..probably the busiest bar in Puerto ...run by Ella and Neil from Edinburgh. their hospitality was second to none. sadly no longer with us. I also remember the frigate pre frigata days.

great memories

marbro8
18-04-2012, 21:06
we met a great bunch of lads a few years ago on the plane coming over and we arranged to meet in gangsters for a drink, but when we found it it had been closed:tongue:

seanocelt
19-04-2012, 03:43
RE- UNION;!!!! My mate has set up re-union for anyone who frequented Veronicas/ Starco 1990s/ onwards. Its being held at the Crows Nest, May 2nd to 8th. DJ Jock set it up, locals n visitors all welcome............... anyone wants a link reply on this thread, i will give you the Facebook link.........gonna be a hoot!!

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 09:27
RE- UNION;!!!! My mate has set up re-union for anyone who frequented Veronicas/ Starco 1990s/ onwards. Its being held at the Crows Nest, May 2nd to 8th. DJ Jock set it up, locals n visitors all welcome............... anyone wants a link reply on this thread, i will give you the Facebook link.........gonna be a hoot!!

Oh blimey - I should be there - that was my time !

kingbaker
19-04-2012, 11:56
Not me I was never into drunken debauchery!!:whistle:

At least not in Starco/ Veronicas/ PDLA:nono:

Playa del Ingles en GC.

Maybe The Garage / Yumbo Centre / Irish Johnnys, also an Irish bar underground--had a Spanish
husband and an Irish wife combo owners...:wave:

JEEEEEZE!!can't remember the rest :confused: So must've been good!!!

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 12:14
Not me I was never into drunken debauchery!!:whistle:

At least not in Starco/ Veronicas/ PDLA:nono:

Playa del Ingles en GC.

Maybe The Garage / Yumbo Centre / Irish Johnnys, also an Irish bar underground--had a Spanish
husband and an Irish wife combo owners...:wave:

JEEEEEZE!!can't remember the rest :confused: So must've been good!!!

Oi Off topic GC ?? where's that ?:D

kingbaker
19-04-2012, 12:18
Oi Off topic GC ?? where's that ?:D

It's where I was able to get a drinkiepooooo 'cos you hadn't drunk the place dry:D:D:D:D:wave:

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 12:51
It's where I was able to get a drinkiepooooo 'cos you hadn't drunk the place dry:D:D:D:D:wave:

Who told you !:D

EA8/G0RAU
11-11-2012, 10:13
Brewers Droop when it was run by the Prices. Price, senior, in a Nazi German uniform goose stepping across the stage in front of Freddie Kay & Dave Dean - best entertainment on the island.

robcoates20
24-09-2018, 10:24
I have registered with Tenerife Forum to try and remember my youth down the Veronicas bars in the early 1990s! I've come across bar names that I can't recall. Can anyone remember where they were?

Coconut Grove...…?
Sgt Peppers...…….upstairs next to Mrs Ts, I think?
The **** Turpin...…….underneath Pluttos?
The Cally Bar...……….underneath Pluttos?
Chaplins Bar...…….veronicas 2?
Martins Bar...……..??

Any help or photos would be great :))

bennoa1
27-09-2018, 10:50
Kangaroo, Veronicas early/mid 90's. Used to watch our friends Outrun there. Steve is back living on the island but doing cruises all around the world and his wife Mel still doing the Abba tribute. God, I spent a good few hours there every time I was over and didn't see much sun - those were the days. Going for breakfast on way home just before 8am in Burger King opposite as it closed at 8am!