PDA

View Full Version : Property Prices

delderek
09-03-2012, 15:08
Part of a report in The Tenerife News.

The findings show that home hunters offered 23%, on average, below asking prices in January.
The largest difference between asking prices and offers is being recorded in locations which are suffering with the greatest glut of homes. It is no coincidence that all these destinations are popular with international holiday home purchasers.
In Malaga, home to the Costa del Sol, home hunters offered 29% less, on average, than asking prices, followed by Soria, down 28%, and the Balearics, down 27%.
Differences of in excess of 25% were also recorded in Castellon (Costa Azahar), Girona (Costa Brava), Almeria (Costa Calida), Tarragona (Costa Dorada) and Murcia.

I wonder if similar reductions on asking price are normal in Tenerife.

richard king
09-03-2012, 15:24
seems to be the way at the moment..i have properties for sale here and have only recieved ridiculous offers...i know we all got to be prepared for a lower offer but you got to draw the line somewhere..definitley a buyers market

angeldrawers
09-03-2012, 16:35
Well we werent too cheeky as we knew the prices were already drastically reduced,We offered 235euros on a property that was on the market for 250 euros.It was a clear bargain for us compared to some older properties that needeed work.That was in november when the rate was 1.16, but never mind we have no intentions of moving.This is a HOME not an investment.On our property here in uk we had to take a 60k hit which really hurt but at least it released us to start the new adventure.

cakegirl
09-03-2012, 16:43
seems to be the way at the moment..i have properties for sale here and have only recieved ridiculous offers...i know we all got to be prepared for a lower offer but you got to draw the line somewhere..definitley a buyers market

rent one out to me, and then you wont have to worry about it for a lil while, haha

delderek
09-03-2012, 16:45
Well we werent too cheeky as we knew the prices were already drastically reduced,We offered 235euros on a property that was on the market for 250 euros.It was a clear bargain for us compared to some older properties that needeed work.That was in november when the rate was 1.16, but never mind we have no intentions of moving.This is a HOME not an investment.On our property here in uk we had to take a 60k hit which really hurt but at least it released us to start the new adventure.

Very cheap property,,,,I presume you left of some zero's:doh:

gsc
09-03-2012, 17:31
Very cheap property,,,,I presume you left of some zero's:doh:

I thinkwe can work it out. :raspberry:

tonypub
15-03-2012, 11:09
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17378665