PDA

View Full Version : Which documents do you need to pay your road tax in Tenerife?

Roadkingrider
09-03-2012, 20:32
Anyone know EXACTLY what documents you need to get road tax done? Advice appreciated asap. Been told you can't sell vehicle without road tax?

mike in chayofa
09-03-2012, 20:46
You don't need any documents at all. Just go to the ayuntamiento where the vehicle is registered and give them the registration number.

They will tell you how much is owing and give you a receipt.

ruggernutter
10-03-2012, 10:39
i bought my car up north from Matanza, La Laguna, does that mean that i have to go up there to tax it, even if I have changed the address on the paperwork??? Or can i go to San Miguel and have it taxed from there??

casabonny
11-03-2012, 22:00
i bought my car up north from Matanza, La Laguna, does that mean that i have to go up there to tax it, even if I have changed the address on the paperwork??? Or can i go to San Miguel and have it taxed from there??
Depends on when it was transfered.if it has been transfered this year ie after 31/12/2012 it will still have to be paid in the old municipality but if transfered proir to year end it should now be registered in your municipality.
Its a good idea to take the car docs with you in case its not been " alta" in your town hall as they would need these to be able to do it manually.

craftycarder
12-03-2012, 10:57
We bought our car in November 2010 and have never paid any more tax other than when we made the purchase.
Do you get a reminder through the post or do you have to make the payment yourself every year?

obs
12-03-2012, 11:48
Hi cc, you have to go yourself every year to your town hall and pay. Usually around April/May time. Give them your registration, and they will tell you how much you owe.
If you are in Los Cris you can now pay by debit / credit card instead of cash. They will give you a receipt which you should keep with your other car docs.

craftycarder
12-03-2012, 16:24
Thanks for the info.

Because we live in Golf del Sur will we have to go to San Miguel to pay?

obs
14-03-2012, 00:32
I would think so, as it is a different municipality, but the principle is still the same. :goodluck:

Foz
18-06-2012, 20:38
Does anyone know the final date to pay road tax in Arona?

lesbroz
18-06-2012, 21:47
We bought our car in November 2010 and have never paid any more tax other than when we made the purchase.
Do you get a reminder through the post or do you have to make the payment yourself every year?

Our reminder came through at the end of May (Road Tax due July). Went to the the Ayuntamiento. All done in 10 minutes.

slodgedad
18-06-2012, 22:00
If you get a reminder you don't have to go to the Town Hall, you can pay it in any bank.
Just paid mine in Solbank.

Foz
26-06-2012, 10:05
Does anyone know the final date to pay road tax in Arona?

Just in case anyone else is interested .... went to the SAC office in Los Cris .... it's supposed to be paid by the end of May.